Windows 10: Turn On or Off Auto Adjust Video Based on Lighting in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Auto Adjust Video Based on Lighting in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Auto Adjust Video Based on Lighting in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto Adjust Video Based on Lighting in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by chicknafraid, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Turn On or Off Auto Adjust Video Based on Lighting in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Auto Adjust Video Based on Lighting in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Auto Adjust Video Based on Lighting in Windows 10

Starting with Windows 10 build 17704, there is a new viewing mode for you to try out, designed to improve the visibility of your video when you are in a very bright environment. This feature uses the light sensor (if available) on your device to detect your ambient light, and automatically adjusts your video accordingly.

Microsoft would love feedback as they work to refine this feature for the next Windows release! Please use the Feedback Hub and file feedback under Category: Devices and Drivers, Subcategory: Video Playback. Hit Recreate my problem and start the capture of the video playback you would like to give feedback on!

A couple notes:
    • In order for this feature to work, your device must have a light sensor. There are a couple different ways you can check:
      • Go to “Display Settings” in the Settings app. If you have the option to turn on Auto-brightness, you most likely have a light sensor.
      • Go to Device Manager. If you have something that sounds like “Light Sensor” under Sensors, you likely have a light sensor.
    • Currently, not all devices have light sensors that are well-calibrated. If you are on a device where video looks really, really bad with this setting on, please let Microsoft know via the Feedback Hub.
    This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off automatically adjust video based on lighting for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Auto Adjust Video Based on Lighting in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Auto Adjust Video Based on Lighting using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] To Change All Video Playback Settings in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Apps icon.

2. Click/tap on Video playback on the left side, and turn on or off (default) Adjust video based on lighting for what you want on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

Turn On or Off Auto Adjust Video Based on Lighting in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Auto Adjust Video Based on Lighting using a REG file
    *note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value below in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\VideoSettings

EnableOutsideModeFeature DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you want.

2. To Turn On "Adjust video based on lighting"
    A) Click/tap on the Download button of the file you want below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Adjust_video_based_on_lighting.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off "Adjust video based on lighting"
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button of the file you want below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Adjust_video_based_on_lighting.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

chicknafraid, Sep 26, 2015

2. N8 - Disable red light video recording

I saw this in a web page....¿anyone knows how?

Yes it is possible to turn of the red light during the video shooting mode. What you have to do here is follow the below steps:

• If you will press the Q and W from the keypad it will set the Flash LEDs on and off,
    • And if you will press the E and R from the keypad then it will set the red recording LED on and off,
    • Also if you will press the A and S it will adjust the focus,
    • And the D to correct the auto focus.

zidane1818, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Dannowa12 Win User
    Streaming video, sound adjust automatically

Hi, First to answer your questions.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    No I haven't made changes.

• Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    Windows 10 Home

Version 1709

OS Build 16229.248

• Does this happen only when streaming videos?
    Yes. As I stated above I can record on audacity with no trouble. Using the same setup to stream video volume adjusts automatically.

Method 1

I went through the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. It said there were issues which it corrected. I restarted as directed. No change to the streaming video volume issue.

Method 2

the article is about playback not recording. I accomplished all of that in Method 1.

The same question still applies, How do I stop the volume from auto adjusting when I stream video?

Dannowa12, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Turn On or Off Auto Adjust Video Based on Lighting in Windows 10

Streaming video, sound adjust automatically

Hi Dannowa12,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible reason why the sound adjusted automatically. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Does this happen only when streaming videos?

In the meantime, I suggest you follow these methods to troubleshoot your laptop:

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Change View by from Category to Small Icons/Large Icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot sound problems.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Night Light not turning on properly

Hi Tim,

In Windows 10, Night light depends on your PC's graphics driver to adjust the color temperature to reduce the blue light. If the video card driver isn't compatible with your system, there's a possibility that the feature will not work correctly.
    If the issue is caused by incompatible device drivers, we suggest that you manually install the latest video driver to resolve this issue. Visit your PC manufacturer’s support website to download the latest graphics driver and follow the instructions provided
    to update your device driver.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Aileen Alf, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Auto Adjust Video Based on Lighting in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Auto Adjust Video Based on Lighting in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Auto

2. Windows 10 Night Light won't turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Night Light won't turn off: Around a year or so ago I set the windows 10 blue light filter "night light" to turn on at around 9:15 PM and end at around 7 AM, now I'd like it gone completely. Problem is night light doesn't want to turn off. When I turn night light off in settings in does nothing, and...
  3. Night Light not turning off

Night Light not turning off: Just 2 days ago the night light setting is no longer working for me, i try to disable it from action center and from settings but it keeps closing the settings window and stays on, I have tried a lot of things to help but nothing has worked so far....
  4. How to turn off auto brightness adjustment on the WEBCAM

How to turn off auto brightness adjustment on the WEBCAM: Hi there. I am lucky enough to have a desk in front of a window, so I have tons of natural light shining on to my face and room. With a properly adjusted camera, this looks wonderful. However, Windows has decided that their auto-brightness on the webcam is just perfect, and...
  5. Video auto adjust contrast. How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video auto adjust contrast. How to fix it?: [ATTACH] Arghhh I can't figure out the culprit! Please help! Videos I watch on all browsers and all sites begin at full contrast then suddenly lose contrast. If I pause and switch windows, when I get back to the window with the video it's again at full contrast then again...
  6. Temporizador Epson L355 How to adjust auto turn off ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Temporizador Epson L355 How to adjust auto turn off ?: Temporizador Epson L355 How to adjust auto turn off? I have laptop WIndows 10 I have looked properties, and preferences, and I do not find how to turn off automatically the printer, setting it to 3 or more hours...
  7. Night Light Turning Off

Night Light Turning Off: I have a Surface Pro X and have been having this issue for a while now: When I turn on the Night Light and have the scheduled setting on, the night light "turns off" after my device goes to sleep for a bit and then wakes back up, even if it's after sunset. When I swipe in...
  8. On Windows 10, Night Light refuses to turn off.

On Windows 10, Night Light refuses to turn off.: I looked up solutions, and they all seemed to follow these kinds of results (https://pureinfotech.com/fix-night-light-windows-10-creators-update/). I followed everything on that website besides clean-installing Windows. Can anyone PLEASE help me turn off this God awful...
  9. Turn On or Off Night Light in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Night Light in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Night Light in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Night Light in Windows 10 Your display emits blue lightthe kind of light you see during the daywhich can keep you up at night. To help you get to sleep, turn on night light and your display will...
  10. Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos to OneDrive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos to OneDrive in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos to OneDrive in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos from Devices to OneDrive in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can automatically save photos and videos to OneDrive whenever you...