Windows 10: Windows 10 PC Running Very Slowly -- Any Ideas Why?

Discus and support Windows 10 PC Running Very Slowly -- Any Ideas Why? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a brand new Dell Inspiron 3470 with Windows 10. It is running very slowly all the time, with 95 per cent of the 4gb memory constantly in use and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dr_Paul, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Dr_Paul Win User

Windows 10 PC Running Very Slowly -- Any Ideas Why?

I have a brand new Dell Inspiron 3470 with Windows 10. It is running very slowly all the time, with 95 per cent of the 4gb memory constantly in use and the HD sometimes running at 100 per cent or just under. This is when I have only a couple of programs -- Word, Edge -- running, and running very slowly nearly all the time with numerous screen freezes of 10 to 20 seconds and sometimes more.

Does anyone know why this might be, what is using up all this memory, and what I might do to get it running more efficiently?

:)

Dr_Paul, Oct 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Turn On or Off PC is Charging Slowly over USB Notification in Settings

How to Turn On or Off PC Charging Slowly over USB Notification in Windows 10

If you charge your PC battery over USB, you might get a notification that says your PC is charging slowly.

This might happen if youre using a charger that didnt come with your device.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off showing a PC is charging slowly over USB notification for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off PC is Charging Slowly over USB Notification in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off PC is Charging Slowly over USB Notification using a REG file

Windows 10 PC Running Very Slowly -- Any Ideas Why? [​IMG]
    OPTION ONE
    Turn On or Off PC is Charging Slowly over USB Notification in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on USB on the left side, and check (on - default) or uncheck (off) Notify me if my PC is charging slowly over USB on the right side for what you want.

OPTION TWO
    Turn On or Off PC is Charging Slowly over USB Notification using a REG file

*noteThe downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\USB

NotifyOnWeakCharger DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On PC is Charging Slowly over USB Notification
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Notify_if_PC_charging_slowly_over_USB.reg

3. To Turn Off PC is Charging Slowly over USB Notification
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Notify_if_PC_charging_slowly_over_USB.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Windows 10 PC Running Very Slowly -- Any Ideas Why?

My PC with windows 10 runs slowly and freezes a lot.

Hi,

Kindly follow the methods below nd check if it works:

Method 1: I suggest you to run
    System Maintenance troubleshooter and check if the issue persist.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.

• Select View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select System Maintenance from the listed options, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to check if similar issue persists in
    Safe mode.

Step 1: Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer with limited drivers necessary to run Windows. The words
    Safe Mode appear at the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you are using.

Expand the options to boot into Safe Mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

To exit from Safe mode follow the steps below:

• Open Run command by pressing
      Windows key + R
      on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box.

• Under Boot tab uncheck the
      Safe boot
      option.

• Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the issue does not persist in Safe mode, I suggest you to uninstall any third party software installed on your PC like anti-virus software, computer cleaner software, etc. and check if the issue is resolved.

Disclaimer: Antivirus
    software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done.
    If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope this helps.

Jenith_James, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 PC Running Very Slowly -- Any Ideas Why?

1. Windows 10 PC Running Very Slowly -- Any Ideas Why? - Similar Threads - Running Very Slowly

2. Why is windows 10 running slowly in my pc?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is windows 10 running slowly in my pc?: I have a Windows 10 and tell me why is this window working very slowly. i am very worried about it because I am doing a lot of work in digital marketing and I am facing lots of problems....
  3. Microsoft Store won't download anything - and runs very slowly. Any idea how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store won't download anything - and runs very slowly. Any idea how to fix this?: The message on the download is ""Something happened on our end" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-wont-download-anything-and-runs/0c158299-2c97-4263-8856-b0a156c0b8ce
  4. Microsoft Store won't download anything - and runs very slowly. Any idea how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store won't download anything - and runs very slowly. Any idea how to fix this?: The message on the download is ""Something happened on our end" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-wont-download-anything-and-runs/0c158299-2c97-4263-8856-b0a156c0b8ce
  5. Windows 10 suddenly running very slowly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 suddenly running very slowly: Got this computer about 5 months ago, had no problems for awhile. About 10 days ago, after a windows update installed, things were suddenly running very slowly. I googled around a bit, found some advice that said to uninstall the update. I did that and things were fine...
  6. SSD running very slowly ...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD running very slowly ...: Good p.m. I have an Intel NUC mini computer with an HP SSD S700 500GB solid state drive running Windows 10. When I check the "Driver Fine Details" is shows the SSD driver provider to be Microsoft. I recently installed the version 20H2 update. I am streaming video, buffering...
  7. Windows 10 is running very slowly.

Windows 10 is running very slowly.: HOw do I speed up Window s 10? Are there files I need to remove? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-running-very-slowly/2ab1c823-577b-4d2b-be05-e8ec6b9ddde2
  8. Windows 10 booting and running very slowly

Windows 10 booting and running very slowly: My Dell Pecision M6800 has plenty of memory and a fast i7 processor with an 860 EVO mSATA SSD (500GB) and is fully updated. But sometimes, not all of the time decides to run very, very slowly. It can happen having no problems over weeks or it can happen every couple of days....
  9. Internet Running Very Slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Running Very Slowly: I've been going back and forth with my isp for a while now. trying to troubleshoot issues with my service. For a while it was truly their faults, going through updates and having down time in my area, just an overall loss of internet and throttling internet. I have since...
  10. Windows 10 suddenly running very slowly

Windows 10 suddenly running very slowly: My PC is suddenly running very slowly and programs are not opening or staying open. I think I may have installed an update yesterday, but couldn't say which update it is as I don't remember. How can I rectify the problem?...