Windows 10: Turn On or Off Notification of USB Issues in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Notification of USB Issues in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Notification of USB Issues in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Notification of USB Issues in Windows 10 Starting in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by AlphaUMi, Apr 1, 2016.

1. AlphaUMi Win User

Turn On or Off Notification of USB Issues in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Notification of USB Issues in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Notification of USB Issues in Windows 10

Starting in Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10547, you can turn on or off in Settings to notify you if there are any issues connecting to USB devices on your PC.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off Notify me if there are any issues connecting to USB devices for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Notify On USB Errors in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Notify On USB Errors using a REG file

EXAMPLE: USB error notification

Turn On or Off Notification of USB Issues in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Notify On USB Errors in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on USB on the left side, and check (on - default) or uncheck Notify me if there are any issues connecting to USB devices on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Notify On USB Errors using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\USB

NotifyOnUsbErrors DWORD

0 = off
    1 = on

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Notify On USB Errors
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_On_Notify_on_USB_errors.reg

Download
    3. To Turn Off Notify On USB Errors
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_Off_Notify_on_USB_errors.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

AlphaUMi, Apr 1, 2016
  2. Vahex Win User

Need help with USB problem

I have no USB devices but in the notification center there is a popup saying windows has not recognized this usb software. I literally have nothing connected to my usb ports this is on a laptop running windows 10. I tried turning off the notification and
    it still shows up

Vahex, Apr 1, 2016
  3. Smittychat., Apr 1, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Yeah, I noticed that this doesn't always seem to stop the error messages yet. *Sad

Brink, Apr 1, 2016
  5. I recently got a laptop with windows 10. There are tons of issues with it and on the internet the advice more than not doesn't fix it. I keep getting usb notifications for instance and have tried all the fixes including registry etc. and has no effect. The easiest being the check box for notify or don't notify....now why doesn't that work??? The registry is set to 0 etc etc ....ignores me and notifies me of errors constantly when there are none.

DavefromCt, Feb 19, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Dave, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It can depend on the exact notifications you are getting, and what source they were from.

Brink, Feb 19, 2018
  7. You would think that notifications are notifications....should have a simple on or off. These designers are just not with it.

DavefromCt, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Notification of USB Issues in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Notification

2. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off notification?: How to turn off Virus and threat protection notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-notification/e41c46a2-dd78-4e3e-9311-9c73534173f0
  3. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off notification?: How to turn off Virus and threat protection notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-notification/e41c46a2-dd78-4e3e-9311-9c73534173f0
  4. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to turn on/off notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to turn on/off notifications in Windows 10: I'm trying to turn on notifications for Nearby Sharing, but "Get Notifications from this apps" shows an almost empty list Windows 10 2004 Admin account Focus Assist: Off https://i.imgur.com/0XJMrBH.png Any help much welcome 171341
  6. Issue with USB ports turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with USB ports turning off: Hello, I have an issue that started some time ago but I cannot find out what is causing this issue. When I first boot my PC, the USB devices will, after a short time, disconnect, then a few moments later they reconnect. This happens a few times in the first 10 minutes or so...
  7. Issue with USB ports turning off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with USB ports turning off: Hello, I have an issue that started some time ago but I cannot find out what is causing this issue. When I first boot my PC, the USB devices will, after a short time, disconnect, then a few moments later they reconnect. This happens a few times in the first 10 minutes or so...
  8. Turn off notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off notifications: How do I switch off the notifications in windows 10 on a laptop that pop up in the bottom right corner, it's like Gmail, YouTube alerts etc 112955
  9. Turn On or Off PC Charging Slowly over USB Notification in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off PC Charging Slowly over USB Notification in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off PC Charging Slowly over USB Notification in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off PC Charging Slowly over USB Notification in Windows 10 If you charge your PC battery over USB, you might get a notification that says your PC is charging slowly. This...
  10. Turn off certain windows 10 notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off certain windows 10 notifications: So when I turn on my computer I get the following notifications: 1) update adobe (no, dont want to) 2) activate OneDrive 3) update Kaspersky anti virus 4) turn on windows firewall 5) tips on saving battery power these are annoying. Is there a way to turn off certain...