Windows 10: Windows 10 - USB drivers causing crash (XBOX controllers)

Discus and support Windows 10 - USB drivers causing crash (XBOX controllers) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've built a new gaming PC but am having intermittent problems with the USB drivers. I'm using xbox controllers and the USB wireless dongle, as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aremjay83, Jan 21, 2018.

1. aremjay83 Win User

Windows 10 - USB drivers causing crash (XBOX controllers)

I've built a new gaming PC but am having intermittent problems with the USB drivers.

I'm using xbox controllers and the USB wireless dongle, as well as a PS4 bluetooth headset. Upon starting FIFA 18 or AC - Origins, I would get BSOD. A temporary fix involved installing the appropriate USB 3.1 driver. While this worked wonderfully for a day, the problem came back in that Windows would freeze (though I no longer get the BSOD). I repaired the 3.1 driver and all seems to be working fine again. Any ideas on what is causing this? how to permanently fix this?

Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core
    be quiet! Dark Rock 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing
    GIGABYTE Z270 Gaming K3 Intel Kaby Lake ATX Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400
    Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" SSD
    MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming X
    Corsair CP-9020091-UK RM650x 650 W 80 PLUS

Much appreciated,
    Ryan

:)

aremjay83, Jan 21, 2018

2. Unplugging xbox one controller while in game crashes windows

Found a solution.

Half way down this thread. Install older Xbox controller driver. Latest Win 10 security update doesn't play nice with current controller driver.

xbox one controller crash

I needed to unrar the file this downloaded to get to the .inf driver. Then manually change the xbox controller driver to the one labelled Microsoft Xbox One controller. Fixed my issues. Not sure if this would work with a wireless adapter connected controller,
    but it works for me on USB.

Hope this helps.

LyndonBrooker, Jan 21, 2018
  3. LrrrAc Win User
    Windows 10 crashes when I connect my Xbox One controller

As soon as I connect my Xbox One controller to my PC running Windows 10, wired or wireless, my display drivers crash and potentially my entire computer, leaving me with a black screen in a lower resolution. If I remove it soon enough, it just crashed my
    display drivers and I am able to restart those without issue. I am unable to use my controller without this happening and have reinstalled the wireless adapter driver with no avail, and cannot touch the controller driver as it crashes immediately. Please post
    any help.

Original Title: Xbox One Controller Issue

LrrrAc, Jan 21, 2018
  4. axe0 New Member

Thema:

1. Windows 10 - USB drivers causing crash (XBOX controllers) - Similar Threads - USB drivers causing

2. USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller - 0.96 (microsoft) Crashing with XBox One Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller - 0.96 (microsoft) Crashing with XBox One Controller: So for weeks I've been trying to get my XBox One controller working with Windows 10 Pro x64. Symptoms I've had were that every time I plugged in my XBox One controller via USB cable (From the XBox), I would lose my mouse and/or keyboard inputs entirely, even if they were...
  3. Xbox one elite controller USB driver issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox one elite controller USB driver issues: Whenever i connect my controller per usb on my windows 10 desktop it registers that it connects via the sound on the computer but the actual controller doesnt turn on. When i look for the driver of the controller it says its having issues with the driver but doesnt let it...
  4. Xbox one controller causing FPS lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller causing FPS lag: My issue is exactly as stated by many others in this locked, unanswered thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/xbox-one-s-controller-causing-major-performance/e69a5864-794f-4355-83d8-a018b7ade00f Please fix this, rather than just...
  5. xbox controller causes game graphics crash

xbox controller causes game graphics crash: I have an Xbox one controller that I use for most of my pc games. Before I went on deployment, everything worked fine. When I got back, I can no longer use my Xbox controller. I will open a game, like rocket league, and everything will be fine. If I then turn my Xbox...
  6. Driver for USB XBOX 360 Controller (wired) is wanted

Driver for USB XBOX 360 Controller (wired) is wanted: Hello. When I connect my USB XBOX360 controller I get this error: Windows cannot start this hardware device because the device configuration information (in the registry) is defective or corrupted. (Code 19). If I try to update the driver I got the message, that the best...
  7. Bad Driver Causes Windows 10 to Crash Randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad Driver Causes Windows 10 to Crash Randomly: Hi. My PC crashs randomly between 20 minutes to 2 hours after start-up and nothing seems to respond. It's almost seven month since this problem occurred. I have tried everything include clean windows restore, but nothing changes. I've tried "verifier" and the widows doesn't...
  8. Drivers for Xbox one controller not on PC

Drivers for Xbox one controller not on PC: So I was looking through a thread about controller drivers and there is suppose to be one in sound and controllers, but it want there when I checked for myself i have an xbox one controller that can connect to my pc with bluetooth, but is having some problems when playing...
  9. Xbox One Controller Drivers

Xbox One Controller Drivers: I have recently bought a Windows 10 PC. I tried to plug my controller in to play games with it however it just does a little rumble, the light does not come on, and the controller does not work. I have looked through the device manager and cannot find any controller drivers....
  10. Xbox 360 controller drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 controller drivers: Hi, has anyone managed to get xbox 360 pad working on windows 10 ? I didn't expect much but tried the driver from microsoft for windows 7- 64bit with no luck. 4355

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox controller causing windows 10 to crash