Windows 10: Turn On or Off Use Speech Recognition in Windows Mixed Reality

Discus and support Turn On or Off Use Speech Recognition in Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Use Speech Recognition in Windows Mixed Reality How to Turn On or Off Use Speech Recognition in Windows Mixed Reality in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by johny3, Feb 6, 2016.

1. johny3 Win User

Turn On or Off Use Speech Recognition in Windows Mixed Reality

How to: Turn On or Off Use Speech Recognition in Windows Mixed Reality

How to Turn On or Off Use Speech Recognition in Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10

Windows Mixed Reality works best with your headset's built-in speakers and mic, or headphones with mic connected to its audio port.

You can use speech recognition in Windows Mixed Reality to use your voice to get around Windows Mixed Reality fastertake a quick photo, open an app, even teleport without a controller. And for an easy way to type, you can use dictation mode on the mixed reality keyboard.

When Speech is turned on, Windows Mixed Reality is always listening. When youre connected to the Internet, everything you say is sent to the cloud so Microsoft speech services can recognize even more of your commands.

*note Speech commands are not supported in all languages. Learn more

*note Bluetooth headsets and speakers are not supported in Windows Mixed Reality.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to use speech recognition in Windows Mixed Reality for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Use Speech Recognition in Windows Mixed Reality in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Use Speech Recognition in Windows Mixed Reality using a REG file

EXAMPLE: How to use speech in Windows Mixed Reality

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Use Speech Recognition in Windows Mixed Reality in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Mixed reality icon.

2. Click/tap on Audio and speech on the left side, and check (on - default) or uncheck (off) Use speech recognition in Windows Mixed Reality. Speech recognition will always listen when mixed reality is running. on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

Turn On or Off Use Speech Recognition in Windows Mixed Reality [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Use Speech Recognition in Windows Mixed Reality using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Speech_OneCore\Settings\Holographic

DisableSpeechInput DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Use Speech Recognition in Windows Mixed Reality
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_use_speech_recognition_when_mixed_reality_running.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Use Speech Recognition in Windows Mixed Reality
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_use_speech_recognition_when_mixed_reality_running.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

johny3, Feb 6, 2016

2. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/using-speech-recognition

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Oct 27, 2019
  3. How to turn off Speech recognition in Windows 10?

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to turn off speech recognition in Windows 10

• Click Start then type: Change text to speech options in search bar.
    • Hit enter.
    • Select the Speech Recognition tab
    • Under 'User Settings' uncheck 'Run speech recognition at startup'
    • Click Apply and OK
    Hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Use Speech Recognition in Windows Mixed Reality

windows mixed reality

Hi,

Yes, you're correct. The Windows Mixed Reality simulator allows you to test mixed reality apps on your PC even if you don't have an immersive headset. If you are experiencing issues with turning on simulation, maybe you haven't set it up yet. Follow the
    steps below on how to get started with the Windows Mixed Reality simulator:

• Click on Get started.
    • Click on I agree to accept the agreement.
    • To proceed through setup, click on Set up for simulation (for developers).
    • Click on Set up to confirm your choice.

Once you have set that up, click on the For developers button on the left side of the Mixed Reality Portal, and you should now be able to turn the Simulation toggle switch to
    On.

Let us know how it turns out.

Patricia Yu, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Windows Mixed Reality HP Disconnects Upon Visor Lift

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the HP Windows Mixed Reality device and we appreciate your effort for providing the information on the issue. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the model number of the Windows Mixed Reality HP device?
    • Did you check the Windows Mixed Reality
      HP on a different computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes in the PC prior to this issue?

However, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Troubleshoot
    Mixed Reality headset displays

We would suggest you to perform the steps as referred under Mixed Reality headset display in this article:
    Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality.

Method 2: New user account

This issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, we would suggest you to create a new user account and check. Follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 27, 2019
  6. sidneylo Win User
    Win 10 Speech Recognition

I was going to try the settings one more time as you suggested. However I ran into deadlock even at the first step:

“…Select the
    Speech Recognition > Set up Speech Recognition
    page…”

No such choice as “Set up Speech Recognition”. How can I send you the screen shot?

sidneylo, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Use Speech Recognition in Windows Mixed Reality

1. Turn On or Off Use Speech Recognition in Windows Mixed Reality - Similar Threads - Turn Off Speech

2. Permanently turn off Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently turn off Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation: It's a feature I do not want and do not use.I have followed all the guides about going to Speech settings and turning it off. Turning off the speech on startup through the task manager, and even registry edits.None of that works and randomly the dictation pops up without...
  3. Permanently turn off Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently turn off Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation: It's a feature I do not want and do not use.I have followed all the guides about going to Speech settings and turning it off. Turning off the speech on startup through the task manager, and even registry edits.None of that works and randomly the dictation pops up without...
  4. Permanently turn off Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Turn off the windows speech recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off the windows speech recognition: I am not happy, I already try a lot of thing to stop this program that you call windows speech recognition to stop, but it won't , believe me I already read every single your answer there and nothing work, so help me, it won't stop and it star ANNOYING when I turn on my...
  6. Turn off the windows speech recognition

Turn off the windows speech recognition: I am not happy, I already try a lot of thing to stop this program that you call windows speech recognition to stop, but it won't , believe me I already read every single your answer there and nothing work, so help me, it won't stop and it star ANNOYING when I turn on my...
  7. How to Turn On or Off Use Speech Recognition in Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn On or Off Use Speech Recognition in Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10: For PC users with Mixed Reality-compatible devices, you can use speech (voice) recognition in Windows Mixed Reality to navigate Windows Mixed Reality faster on your Windows 10 device – you can perform tasks like; take a quick photo, open an app, even teleport without a...
  8. Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mixed Reality: Can you tell me where to find short 360 videos to download and watch them on my Lenovo laptop without the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mixed-reality/8bca6bdc-d5fe-4593-a782-0e1ba7d1bee7
  9. Mixed Reality

Mixed Reality: How do I uninstal 'mixed reality' and any associated apps from my PC? I didn't ask for it, and don't want it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_entertainment/mixed-reality/934ba3dd-999b-485c-a0a7-abb531ca80da
  10. Turn On or Off Online Speech Recognition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Online Speech Recognition in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Online Speech Recognition in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Online Speech Recognition in Windows 10 When talk to Cortana and other apps that use Windows cloud-based speech recognition. Microsoft will use your voice data to help improve their...