Windows 10: Add Data Usage Live Tile to Start in Windows 10

Discus and support Add Data Usage Live Tile to Start in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add Data Usage Live Tile to Start in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 includes a feature to let you view the network data usage of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add Data Usage Live Tile to Start in Windows 10

How to: Add Data Usage Live Tile to Start in Windows 10

Add Data Usage Live Tile to Start in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Windows 10 includes a feature to let you view the network data usage of the PC from the last 30 days. The data usage is itemized per type of network (ex: Wi-Fi or Ethernet), and by app usage.

If you like, you could see your data usage at a glance from a data usage live tile on your Start menu.

This tutorial will show you how to add a network data usage live tile on the Start menu for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: Data usage live tile on Start

OPTION ONE [/i] Add Data Usage Live Tile to Start
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Network & Internet icon.

2. Right click on or press and hold on Data usage on the left side, and click/tap on Pin to Start. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)

4. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Remove Data Usage Live Tile from Start
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Network & Internet icon.

2. Right click on or press and hold on Data usage on the left side, and click/tap on Unpin from Start. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 21, 2017

2. Live tiles not working on my new laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Does this issue persist with all the Live tiles icon?
    • Are you able to view the different app’s tiles icon on Start menu?
    I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if issue gets resolved:

• Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
    • Right click on the Tiles and click “turn live tile on”.
    • Repeat step 2 on the desired tiles.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 26, 2019
  3. elbeasto Win User
    Store Live Tile no longer works

Sorry I didn't finish editing that post.

it's up there now post #6.

elbeasto, Oct 26, 2019
  4. dodgybro Win User

Data usage on Windows 10

THE ANSWER YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WANTING

Windows 10 includes a feature to let you view the network data usage of the PC from the last 30 days. The data usage is itemized per type of network (ex: Wi-Fi or Ethernet), and by app usage.

Kindly follow the below steps to reset network data usage back to "ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO" as needed in Windows 10.

Note: You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to reset network data usage.

• Temporarily disable your active network adapter(s), or start Windows into safe mode.
    • Open File Explorer, browse to the C:\Windows\System32\sru folder, and open it.
    • Delete all contents inside the sru folder.
    • Enable your active network adapter(s) again, or start Windows back into normal mode.

This will reset all COUNTERS, I suggest copy pasting the directions into a wordpad doc or the like and keep for whenever you wish to reset manually.

Only counters I used in Windows 7, were the right click properties of my network device. Disconnection of the device deleted all of that sessions counter data, and CC Cleaner was used to clean all cache files from windows etc.

dodgybro, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Live tiles not working Windows 10

I tried your suggestions, but when I got to the 'Apps & Features' list, none of my tiles were listed.

Thank-you for trying to help.

DorothyFabi, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Start menu Live tiles are not working in windows 10

When i open my start menu weather live tile works completely fine, but i have pinned data usage live tile in my start menu so i can see how much data has been used but it is not working it gets updated than also not showing right numbers. If i go to settings
    and see i have used like 1 GB and in tile i am seeing 700 MB.

vishalsagar1, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Add Data Usage Live Tile to Start in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Data Usage

2. Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10: When I click Start, I see an app under "Most used". I want to add the app as a tile to the Start menu. When I right-click it, there is no option to pin it to the Start menu. There is only an option to unpin it.I can I add the app as a tile on the Start menu?...
  3. Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10: When I click Start, I see an app under "Most used". I want to add the app as a tile to the Start menu. When I right-click it, there is no option to pin it to the Start menu. There is only an option to unpin it.I can I add the app as a tile on the Start menu?...
  4. Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start menu live tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu live tiles: My live tiles stopped working but they seem to work in another user account. How do I fix it? I already deleted that registry entry named like NoTileNotifications and checked group policy :( submitted by /u/Petrenkov [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 10 Live tile

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Live tile: Hi, I am using Windows 10 Pro, and i'm not getting the live tile feed. For some apps only. (Microsoft store, Photo,etc) Please help me to fix this issue. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-live-tile/b6167eb7-5c19-4d27-90ba-9d046c4ac1b6"
  7. Windows Start Menu Live Tiles Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start Menu Live Tiles Not Working: Hello. Just got a new computer today, win10 64-bit, i7. i can add apps to the live tiles, but then when i go to move them around or resize them, the start menu crashes. if i open it up again, the apps i added are gone, leaving only the ones that were already there. this...
  8. Clear Live Tile Cache on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Live Tile Cache on Start in Windows 10: How to: Clear Live Tile Cache on Start in Windows 10 [img] Information The pinned to your Start screen cache the data that flips across them. Sometimes when you delete something, the cached version will still show up on the live tile of an app. Clearing the live tile...
  9. Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10 How to Turn Live Tiles On or Off for Apps on Start in Windows 10 A tile is a modern apps representation on the Start screen in Windows 10, and can be either static or live. Windows 10 includes a new...
  10. Enable or Disable Live Tiles on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Live Tiles on Start in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Live Tiles on Start in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Live Tile Notifications on Start in Windows 10 [img] Information A tile is an app’s representation on the Start menu in Windows 10, and can be either static or live. A static tile...