Windows 10: Add or Remove Share Settings Page in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Share Settings Page in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Share Settings Page in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Share Settings Page in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Share Settings Page in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Share Settings Page in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Share Settings Page in Windows 10

Add or Remove Share Settings Page in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with Windows 10 build 15007 released on January 12th 2017.

Information Windows 10 Settings has a hidden Share page in Settings -> System that allows you to configure sharing options of UWP (Universal Windows Platform) apps.

UWP apps that you have sharing files will be listed as an available option in the Share charm when you use the Share button in the Share tab of the File Explorer ribbon.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Share Settings page for your account in Windows 10.

Note It appears that this no longer works starting with at least Windows 10 build 15007.

EXAMPLE: Share Settings page

Here's How:

Note The .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel

EnableShareSettings DWORD

(delete) = Remove
    1 = Add

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add Share Settings Page
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Share_Settings_page.reg

Download

3. To Remove Share Settings Page
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Share_Settings_page.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If Settings is currently open, then close and reopen to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 2, 2017
  2. nonmae Win User

in the settings > Add or Remove quick actions > wifi is off but in reality I am connected to wifi as I am not connected to internet through any wire

Why it is like that?

thanks

nonmae, Mar 2, 2017
  3. in the settings > Add or Remove quick actions > wifi is off but in reality I am connected to wifi as I am not connected to internet through any wire

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot

Scroll down

Click Network adapters

Click Run the Troubleshooter

When complete, restart to see if the problem is resolved.

If not, press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Network adapters

Right click your adapter

Click Uninstall

Exit Device Manager, restart. Windows 10 should detect the network adapter then reinstall it. Check if you can connect and browse.

also try:

Open Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Status

Scroll to the bottom then click Network reset.

Disable the Windows Firewall then try connecting.

Andre Da Costa, Mar 2, 2017
Thema:

Add or Remove Share Settings Page in Windows 10

1. Add or Remove Share Settings Page in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Share

2. Add or Remove Programs leads to the main page of Windows Setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Add or Remove Programs leads to the main page of Windows Setting: When i search, "Add or Remove Programs" in cortana search box, it leads to the main page of the windows settings. When I search Add or Remove Programs in Windows Settings, it does not prompt me anywhere. I also cannot find add or remove programs under app features. Please...
  3. How to Add or Remove Share Settings Page in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Add or Remove Share Settings Page in Windows 10: I am trying to add new application (same as whats-app) except the suggested application by windows on share menu (that is appear after right click on the object e.g. an picture). I searched on internet. the solution is to do it via share menu. the share menu is not...
  4. How to add or remove differensiert settings in the settings app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add or remove differensiert settings in the settings app in Windows 10: Hey, i was wondering on how i can chnage what settings me and the users of the computer is able to go into. For an example if i want to block accounts settings in the settings app what would i do then? Please help me i need this fast! Also if it is possible to do in the...
  5. Add or Remove Compatibility Tab on Properties Page in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Compatibility Tab on Properties Page in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Compatibility Tab on Properties Page in Windows How to Add or Remove Compatibility Tab on Properties Page in Windows The Compatibility tab on the property page displays a list of options that can be selected and applied to the application to resolve...
  6. Add or Remove Mixed Reality page from Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Mixed Reality page from Settings in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Mixed Reality page from Settings in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Mixed Reality from Main Page of Settings in Windows 10 Microsoft will be bringing Mixed Reality to Windows 10 in the Creators Update when released to the general public on April...
  7. Add or Remove Samples Settings Page in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Samples Settings Page in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Samples Settings Page in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Hidden Samples Settings Page in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can enable a secret Samples page in Settings. This secret Samples page contains the Settings team's tests and...
  8. Add or Remove Windows Insider Program Settings Page in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Windows Insider Program Settings Page in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Windows Insider Program Settings Page in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Windows Insider Program Settings Page in Windows 10 [img] Information You can get Insider Preview builds to make sure you get all the new features that are on the way and...
  9. Add or Remove Share Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Share Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Share Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Share Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can directly share files using installed UWP (Universal Windows Platform) apps such as Mail, Twitter, OneNote, Cortana...
  10. Add or Remove Shared Folders from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Shared Folders from OneDrive: How to: Add or Remove Shared Folders from OneDrive How to Add or Remove Shared Folders from Your OneDrive [img] Information You can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 tablet, or Windows 10 Mobile...