Windows 10: Change Lock Screen Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Lock Screen Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Lock Screen Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10 How to Change Lock Screen Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Lock Screen Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10

How to: Change Lock Screen Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10

How to Change Lock Screen Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10

The lock screen is the screen you see when you lock your PC (or when it locks automatically after you haven't been using it for a while). The lock screen will also show at startup, and when you are signed out and idle for one minute. You will need to dismiss the lock screen to be able to see the sign in screen and sign in to Windows. Users can dismiss the lock screen using touch, the keyboard, or by dragging it up with the mouse.

The clock on the lock screen displays time in a 12 hour format by default.

This tutorial will show you how to change the lock screen clock to 12 hour or 24 hour (aka: military time) time format in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Change Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Time Format on Current User Lock Screen
    • Option Two: To Change Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Time Format on Default Lock Screen

EXAMPLE: 12 hour and 24 hour clock on lock screen

Change Lock Screen Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Change Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Time Format on Current User Lock Screen
    *note This is the lock screen that shows when a user account locks the computer while signed in to Windows 10.

This option will only affect your account (current user).

1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Region icon.

2. Do step 3 (12-hour) or step 4 (24-hour) below for what you would like to do.

3. To Change Lock Screen Clock to 12 hour Time Format for your Account
    A) Change the time format for Long time to h:mm:ss tt, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshots below)

4. To Change Lock Screen Clock to 24 hour Time Format for your Account
    A) Change the time format for Long time to HH:mm:ss, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshots below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Change Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Time Format on Default Lock Screen
    *note You must be signed in as an administrator to do this option.

This is the lock screen that shows when there are currently no user accounts signed in to Windows 10. For example, at Windows startup.

1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Region icon.

2. Do step 3 (12-hour) or step 4 (24-hour) below for what you would like to do.

3. To Change Default Lock Screen Clock to 12 hour Time Format
    A) Change the step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

4. To Change Default Lock Screen Clock to 24 hour Time Format
    A) Change the step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

Attachment 114981
    5. Click/tap on the Copy settings button. (see screenshot below)

6. Check the Welcome screen and system accounts box, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

7. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below step 5)

8. You can close the Control Panel if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 1, 2017
  2. pwmusic Win User

How do I change the screensaver to 24-hour clock?

NOTE: I have set it to 24-hour clock in my locale and that works on my lock screen but the screensaver shows a 12-hour clock.

Any suggestions?

pwmusic, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10. 12 to 24 hours

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To change the time format from 12 hour to 24 hour in Windows 10.

Follow the steps:

• Navigate to Control panel.
    • In the category view of the control panel, click on the
      ‘Change date, time, or number formats’.
    • Change the short time to HH:mm from the drop down.
    • Press Apply to make the changes.
    • Now your time format will change to 24 hour format.
    Hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Change Lock Screen Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10

How to Display 24 Hour Clock Format?

I prefer the 24 hour clock format and am having difficulty converting from the 12 hour format. How do I get Windows 10 to display the 24 hour format? I live in the US - Central Time Zone. Thanks!

PatrickLiang_228, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Cannot change the 24 hour format

After doing this, I restarted my pc and noticed that the lock screen now uses the 24 hour format, any idea what to do to change it back to 12 hour format?

Jose PabloMadrigal, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Change Lock Screen Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10

1. Change Lock Screen Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Lock Screen

2. Change 24 hour clock to 12 hour, French operating system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change 24 hour clock to 12 hour, French operating system: I have just set up a laptop that is in French, but the clock is in a 24 hour format but will not set to 12 hours. This is a school setting so was looking for a way in the Registry to do this for all users that will be using these laptops....
  3. Change 24 hour clock to 12 hour, French operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change 24 hour clock to 12 hour, French operating system: I have just set up a laptop that is in French, but the clock is in a 24 hour format but will not set to 12 hours. This is a school setting so was looking for a way in the Registry to do this for all users that will be using these laptops....
  4. Change 24 hour clock to 12 hour, French operating system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 24 hour clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    24 hour clock: The bug riddled Windows 11 cannot seem to even support a 24 hour clock. While civilians use the AM/PM the military uses 24 hour time. Windows 11 cannot so this so its time to stuff it in the stockade....
  6. 24 hour clock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    24 hour clock: The bug riddled Windows 11 cannot seem to even support a 24 hour clock. While civilians use the AM/PM the military uses 24 hour time. Windows 11 cannot so this so its time to stuff it in the stockade....
  7. How to change the 24 hour clock to 12 hour in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the 24 hour clock to 12 hour in Windows 10: By default, the Windows 10 clock is set at the 12-hour format, which has been the case since its inception. Most users are quite content with the default setting henceforth; they do not need to make any changes. However, for those who prefer to have the 24-hour format clock...
  8. 24 hour clock.

24 hour clock.: I am trying to change the format for time from AM/PM to using the 24 hour clock. I have gone to settings but this is not offered as an option for setting time display. How or can I make this happen?...
  9. 24 hour clock

24 hour clock: How so I change my clock to 24 hour time in windows 10 ? I am a nurse and I think and function in 24 hour clock time. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/24-hour-clock/29c261f8-f080-45c4-b623-c85ff5634165
  10. Change Taskbar Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Taskbar Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10: How to: Change Taskbar Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10 How to Change Taskbar Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10 The clock on your taskbar in Windows 10 displays the system time and date. By default, the time is in a 12 hour format. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change time on lockscreen to 24 hour clock

2. how to change 24 hour format to 12 hour on I phone X home screen