Windows 10: Change Time in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Time in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Time in Windows 10 How to Change the Time in Windows 10 Your PC's system clock is used to record the time whenever you create or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by RiP2, Aug 4, 2016.

1. RiP2 Win User

Change Time in Windows 10

How to: Change Time in Windows 10

How to Change the Time in Windows 10

Your PC's system clock is used to record the time whenever you create or modify files on your PC. You can change the clock's time and time zone.

Time is a measure in which events can be ordered from the past through the present into the future, and also the measure of durations of events and the intervals between them.

This tutorial will show you different ways on how to change the time on the system clock for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to change the time.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] To Change Time in Settings
    1. Open the Settings app, and click/tap on the Time & Language icon.

2. Click/tap on Date & Time on the left side, turn off Set time automatically, and click/tap on the Change button under Change date and time. (see screenshot below)

Change Time in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Change the time to the correct current hour, minute, and AM/PM, and then click/tap on Change to apply. (see screenshot below)

4. If you like, turn back on Set time automatically to have Windows automatically synchronize the system clock time with internet time servers. (see screenshot below)

5. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Change Time in Control Panel
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Date and Time icon.

2. Click/tap on the Change date and time button. (see screenshot below)

3. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.

4. Change the time to the correct current hour, minute, and AM/PM, and then click/tap on OK to apply. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below step 2)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Change Time in Command Prompt
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. In the elevated command prompt, type the command below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow time HH:MM

*note Substitute HH in the command above with the actual hour numbers for a 24-hour clock.
    Substitute MM in the command above with the actual minute numbers.

For example: I would type the command below for 11:00 PM.

time 23:00

3. When finished, you can close the elevated command prompt if you like.

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Change Date and Time in PowerShell
    *note To see more usage options for the Set-Date command, see: Set-Date - Microsoft Developer Network
    1. Open an elevated PowerShell.

2. Type the command below you want to use into the elevated PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

(Set time using 24 hour time)
    *Arrow Set-Date -Date "MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM

OR

(Set time with AM)
    *Arrow Set-Date -Date "MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM AM

OR

(Set time with PM)
    *Arrow Set-Date -Date "MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM PM

Note Substitute MM in the command above with the actual month numbers.
    Substitute DD in the command above with the actual day numbers.
    Substitute YYYY in the command above with the actual year numbers.
    Substitute HH in the command above with the actual hour numbers.
    Substitute MM in the command above with the actual minute numbers.

For example: I would type either command below for July 21st 2017 4:39 PM.

Set-Date -Date "07/21/2017 16:39

OR

Set-Date -Date "07/21/2017 04:39 PM

3. When finished, you can close the elevated PowerShell if you like.

OPTION FIVE [/i] To Turn On or Off Set Time Automatically using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the string value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Parameters

Type string value

NTP = On
    NoSync = Off

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Set Time Automatically
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Set_time_automatically.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Set Time Automatically
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Set_time_automatically.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

RiP2, Aug 4, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

WINDOW 10 CHANGE TIME ON LOGE IN SCREEN IN TIME OUT

All caps is yelling! Please do not yell at other users.

lacrumb, Aug 4, 2016
  3. WINDOW 10 CHANGE TIME ON LOGE IN SCREEN IN TIME OUT

WINDOWS 10 CHANGE THE TIME ON THE SIGN IN SCREEN. I KNOW I CAN SET THE SCREEN NOT TO NEED THE PASSWORD. I THINK THE TIME OUT IS TO SHORT.

RICHARD BARON, Aug 4, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

Don't forget to include a bit about the atomic clock because it's not obvious and people might want to change the time server to a more local one.

swarfega, Aug 4, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 4, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello RiP2, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Yes, that method no longer works, and is why we retired (removed) our tutorial for it. If you like, you can use the tutorial below to remove the Calendar agenda from the current clock to help clean it up more.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Aug 4, 2016
  7. RiP2 Win User
    Hi Brink, thanks for reply *Smile

Hate M$ x)

RiP2, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Time in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change

2. How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?: I have been trying to follow this:Drive A does not show up possibly because it's not accessible.I could not figure out how to bring up drive A. I could see only C & D.Thank you for your help,Tawn Daniel...
  3. How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?: I have been trying to follow this:Drive A does not show up possibly because it's not accessible.I could not figure out how to bring up drive A. I could see only C & D.Thank you for your help,Tawn Daniel...
  4. How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent: Good Afternoon,We have recently used this Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solved-windows-10-and-inability-to-burn-blank/145591fc-8d6b-41c0-b5e5-252ba76f2788 to resolve an issue with a few of our desktops no burning CDs. The fix works when you run...
  6. Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent

Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent: Good Afternoon,We have recently used this Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solved-windows-10-and-inability-to-burn-blank/145591fc-8d6b-41c0-b5e5-252ba76f2788 to resolve an issue with a few of our desktops no burning CDs. The fix works when you run...
  7. Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Cannot use recent locations list to change directories

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use recent locations list to change directories: Several times per day, Windows Explorer will have a problem where I can show the list of recent locations by pressing Ctrl+L or clicking the address bar, but when I try to click one of the locations or type one manually, it does nothing. There is no consistency in what I'm...
  9. Cannot use recent locations list to change directories

Cannot use recent locations list to change directories: Several times per day, Windows Explorer will have a problem where I can show the list of recent locations by pressing Ctrl+L or clicking the address bar, but when I try to click one of the locations or type one manually, it does nothing. There is no consistency in what I'm...
  10. Wallpaper doesnt change after the set interval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper doesnt change after the set interval: I decided I want to use the "presentation" mode for my wall paper. I selected about 10 images and set the interval to 10 minutes. But it just doesnt work. I can come back 5 minutes, hlaf an hour or several hours later and the image is the exact same, it changes like once a...