Windows 10: Delete $SysReset folder in Windows 10

Discus and support Delete $SysReset folder in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Delete $SysReset folder in Windows 10 What is $SysReset folder and how to delete $SysReset folder in Windows 10 The $SysReset folder is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Delete $SysReset folder in Windows 10

How to: Delete $SysReset folder in Windows 10

What is $SysReset folder and how to delete $SysReset folder in Windows 10

The $SysReset folder is a refresh of Windows 10.

This $SysReset folder contains a subfolder named Logs which contains log files that can help troubleshoot and identify why a reset or refresh may have failed. If you dont need the information in the $SysReset folder, you can safely delete the $SysReset folder.

This tutorial will show you how to safely delete the $SysReset folder in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to delete the $SysReset folder.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Delete $SysReset Folder in File Explorer
    • Option Two: To Delete $SysReset Folder in Elevated Command Prompt

EXAMPLE: $SysReset folder

Delete $SysReset folder in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Delete $SysReset Folder in File Explorer
    1. Open File Explorer (Win+E).

2. If you haven't already, you will need to click/tap on the View tab, and check the Hidden items box in the ribbon. (see screenshot below)

3. Open the Windows C: drive, right click or press and hold on the $SysReset folder, and click/tap on Delete. (see screenshot below)

4. If prompted, click/tap on Continue to approve. (see screenshot below)

5. If you like, you can uncheck the Hidden items box in the ribbon. (see screenshot below)

6. By default, the $SysReset folder will be moved to the Recycle Bin. When ready, you can empty the Recycle Bin to permanently delete the $SysReset folder.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Delete $SysReset Folder in Elevated Command Prompt
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Copy and paste the command below into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow RD /S /Q "C:\$SysReset"
    3. When finished, you can close the elevated command prompt if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 10, 2018

2. How to delete $SysReset folder

How do you delete the $SysReset folder? It's taking up over 195gb on my hard drive.

WolfSpartan_360, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Delete $SysReset folder in Windows 10 :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Delete $SysReset folder in Windows 10 :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 26, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Unable to remove $SysReset

Here's a description of what it is:
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/what-i...-in-windows-10

If you can't delete it (although the article suggests you should be able to), then like anything else you can delete it when Windows is not running.

You can:
    - Boot your PC to a command prompt (via SHIFT click Restart) and follow the prompts through to get to a command prompt.
    That's if you're confident in using the command prompt, and noting that the drive letter will not then be C:
    - Boot your PC from a Win 10 bootable disk and via 'Repair your computer' navigate to a command prompt.
    - boot your PC from a bootable disk such as Kyhi's, available from the top of the Software and Apps section here, and use a Win 10 environment, again noting it won't be on C:
    - install a program such as this (free)
    MoveOnBoot Free - Rename/Move/Delete Locked Files on Reboot
    - which also deletes files and folders when restarting.

dalchina, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Delete $SysReset folder in Windows 10 ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Delete $SysReset folder in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Delete $SysReset folder

2. malware survives on $SysReset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    malware survives on $SysReset: Hi. I was recently infected by a Trojan detected as "Win32:Trojan.Sonbokli.A!cl" at 1:50 am APROX, I tried removing it with Windows Defender but it was useless, it was still active. So I reset the PC and reinstalled Windows finished at 6 am. To my surprise, in the "$SysReset"...
  3. malware survives on $SysReset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    malware survives on $SysReset: Hi. I was recently infected by a Trojan detected as "Win32:Trojan.Sonbokli.A!cl" at 1:50 am APROX, I tried removing it with Windows Defender but it was useless, it was still active. So I reset the PC and reinstalled Windows finished at 6 am. To my surprise, in the "$SysReset"...
  4. malware survives on $SysReset

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I cannot delete $SysReset>OdOS>Windows.old1 after resetting the laptop

I cannot delete $SysReset>OdOS>Windows.old1 after resetting the laptop: HiI cannot delete the windows.old after resetting the laptop, the OneDrive is in user category. I tried all methods shown from the community. I need to do this for recycling of the old laptop....
  6. $sysreset folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    $sysreset folder: Hello, i reinstalled my pc today and now i have folder $SysReset and there are weird files like Rollback, is it normal to have this folder and these files in it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sysreset-folder/ad493a11-0381-47c8-a790-7f02876837b1
  7. $sysreset folder

$sysreset folder: Hello, i reinstalled my pc today and now i have folder $SysReset and there are weird files like Rollback, is it normal to have this folder and these files in it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sysreset-folder/ad493a11-0381-47c8-a790-7f02876837b1
  8. $SysReset and $WinREAgent folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    $SysReset and $WinREAgent folders: Hello, I recently looked through my C drive and saw two hidden folders i do not fully know if i can safely delete them or not. I know when and by what action they were created, but i do not know if i can just rightclick>delete those two folders. Thanks in advance, Blaze....
  9. Delete Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Folder in Windows 10: How to: Delete Folder in Windows 10 How to Delete a Folder in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you different ways on how to delete a folder in Windows 10. *Warning Deleting a folder will also delete all contents inside the folder. *note Deleting a folder from a...
  10. Unable to remove $SysReset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to remove $SysReset: Hi i am running windows 10 with all the latest updates and i have found this folder on my laptop and i am not able to delete it $SysReset I have done a search on this forum and i have followed most of the advice in the posts but nothing seems to work, i have deleted some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com