Windows 10: disable microsoft store

Discus and support disable microsoft store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; how do I disable microsoft store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-microsoft-store/f4fff63e-466a-44a8-85e9-6dbc38b3db9b" Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by grollpop, Oct 13, 2019.

1. grollpop Win User

disable microsoft store

how do I disable microsoft store?

:)

grollpop, Oct 13, 2019

2. Enable or Disable Microsoft Store Apps in Local Group Policy Editor

How to Enable or Disable Microsoft Store Apps in Windows 10

The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through, purchase, or get for free to download and install for their Microsoft account in Windows 10 PCs and devices.

If you like, you can use a group policy that turns off the launch of all apps from the Microsoft Store that came pre-installed or were downloaded. Apps will not be updated. The Microsoft Store app will also be disabled.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the ability to open apps from the Microsoft Store for all users in Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education.

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to enable or disable apps from Microsoft Store.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Microsoft Store Apps in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Microsoft Store Apps using a REG file

EXAMPLE: "This app has been blocked by your system administrator" message when apps from Microsoft Store are disabled

disable microsoft store [​IMG]

OPTION ONE
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Store Apps in Local Group Policy Editor
    1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Store

3. In the right pane of Store, double click/tap on the Disable all apps from Microsoft Store policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Microsoft Store Apps
    A) Select (dot) either Not Configured or Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Microsoft Store Apps
    A) Select (dot) Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Store Apps using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsStore

DisableStoreApps DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    1 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Microsoft Store Apps
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Microsoft_Store_apps.reg

3. To Disable Microsoft Store Apps
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Microsoft_Store_apps.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 13, 2019
  3. App disappeared from Microsoft store

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Which security software is installed in the computer?
    Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I would suggest you to clear the Store cache and check if the issue persists.

Press Windows key + R

Type wsreset.exe and press OK

Step 2: Disable the security software and check.

Important: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Also, I suggest you run the Windows Store app troubleshooter and check.
    Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 13, 2019
  4. disable microsoft store

Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions in Local Group Policy Editor

How to Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

The Address bar drop-down functionality in Microsoft Edge allows showing suggested search results when typing in the Microsoft Edge address bar (suggestions list).

If you like, you can configure the Allow Address bar drop-down list suggestions group policy setting that lets you decide whether the Address bar drop-down functionality is available in Microsoft Edge. Microsoft recommends disabling this setting if you want to minimize network connections from Microsoft Edge to Microsoft services.

If you enable or don't configure this setting, users can see the Address bar drop-down functionality in Microsoft Edge.

If you disable this setting, users won't see the Address bar drop-down functionality in Microsoft Edge. This setting also disables the user-defined setting, Show search and site suggestions as I type in Microsoft Edge settings.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the Address bar drop-down list suggestions functionality in Microsoft Edge for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable the Address bar drop-down functionality in Microsoft Edge.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions enabled and disabled

OPTION ONE
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option TWO below.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Microsoft Edge

3. In the right pane of Microsoft Edge in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Allow Address bar drop-down list suggestions policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you want.

5. To Enable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions
    A) Select (dot) Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. You can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

8. If Microsoft Edge is currently open, then close and reopen it to apply.

OPTION TWO
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Main

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Main

ShowOneBox DWORD

delete = Enable
    0 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you want.

2. To Enable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions
    *note This is the default setting.

Enable_Microsoft_Edge_address_bar_drop-down_list_suggestions.reg

3. To Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions

Disable_Microsoft_Edge_address_bar_drop-down_list_suggestions.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

8. If Microsoft Edge is currently open, then close and reopen it to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

disable microsoft store

1. disable microsoft store - Similar Threads - disable microsoft store

2. Microsoft Store is Disabled Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store is Disabled Error: I can't open any windows appscamera, calculator, photos, etc. so I tried to update them using the store and it keeps getting stuck on acquiring license error code 0x80070422 which says my Microsoft Update is disabled.I've tried literally everything online including changing...
  3. Microsoft Store is Disabled Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Store is Disabled Error: I can't open any windows appscamera, calculator, photos, etc. so I tried to update them using the store and it keeps getting stuck on acquiring license error code 0x80070422 which says my Microsoft Update is disabled.I've tried literally everything online including changing...
  4. Microsoft Store is Disabled Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Disable Microsoft Store in Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Microsoft Store in Windows 11 Home: Is there a way to disable Microsoft Store in Windows 11 HOME? I know you can use a directive in PRO, Enterprise... etc., but I'm using a HOME version. I have tried change manually the registry: Added the...
  6. Disabled Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabled Microsoft Store.: I disabled Microsoft Store last year, and forgot what I did, or how to re-enable it. I use a pretty shitty laptop, so I disabled a few things for "increased performance", but I want to use it again. Any time I attempt to launch Microsoft store, nothing happens (obviously)....
  7. Microsoft Store disabled?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store disabled?: [ATTACH] I had to reinstall Windows 10 entirely and now my Microsoft Store is dead. There's no way of reinstalling it either. I already downloaded every single update available. I tried terminating the program and restarting it, nothing works. And I also have this weird...
  8. Disable using a Microsoft account to log into the Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Disable using a Microsoft account to log into the Microsoft Store: I'm in a corporate environment, and am trying to figure out how I can block users from using their personal Microsoft account to log into the Microsoft Store. As it is now, users can get around any restrictions I put on the Store by just logging in with their personal...
  9. Microsoft Store shows updates for disabled software

Microsoft Store shows updates for disabled software: Hey everyone, I'm on a HP laptop and I had disabled most of the bloatware which came with it. Stuff like games and some absolutely ridiculous software. Since I removed these software's, I thought I wouldn't get updates for them through the Microsoft Store but I still do...
  10. Disabling Microsoft Store In Windows 10 Pro

Disabling Microsoft Store In Windows 10 Pro: Hi, I need assistance to disable the Microsoft Store from my son's computer running on Windows 10. I have found no solutions online other than those for Pro. Do I have to uninstall this software? If it's uninstalled, how can I reinstall it when required? Appreciate your...