Windows 10: Enable or Disable Lock Screen Slide Show in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Lock Screen Slide Show in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Lock Screen Slide Show in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Lock Screen Slide Show in Windows 10 [img] Information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Lock Screen Slide Show in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Lock Screen Slide Show in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Lock Screen Slide Show in Windows 10

Enable or Disable Lock Screen Slide Show in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information If users set their lock screen will play a slide show of pictures from chosen albums within added folders.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the lock screen slide show for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable the lock screen slide show.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Enable or Disable Lock Screen Slide Show using Group Policy
    • Option Two: To Enable or Disable Lock Screen Slide Show using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Lock screen slide show disabled in Settings

OPTION ONE [/i] To Enable or Disable Lock Screen Slide Show using Group Policy

Note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two below.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Personalization

3. In the right pane of Personalization in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Prevent enabling lock screen slide show policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Lock Screen Slide Show
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

NOTE: Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Lock Screen Slide Show
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Enable or Disable Lock Screen Slide Show using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization

NoLockScreenSlideshow DWORD

0 or delete = Enable
    1 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Lock Screen Slide Show
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_lock_screen_slide_show.reg

Download

3. To Disable Lock Screen Slide Show
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_lock_screen_slide_show.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 12, 2017
  2. Brink Win User

Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10  

orbtwin, Enable or Disable Lock Screen Slide Show in Windows 10 :)

Just to verify, the lock screen isn't the one that shows the users to select to sign in as.

Next, double check using the tutorial below to make sure that you do not have the Ctrl+Alt+Del secure lock screen enabled. If it's enabled, the lock screen will show even when the lock screen is disabled.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

While doing OPTION THREE here to create the task, it's critical that all steps are performed exactly and fully. The full registry path the task uses is below.

*Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\SessionData

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

Hi Edward,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if lock screen feature is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the lock screen and check if it helps.

How to disable Lock screen on Windows 10 group policy:

If wanted to turn off lock screen pictures, then I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off lock screen pictures through group policy editor.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes in the run box and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Then follow the path below:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization

4. Now on the right side, Double click that
    Do not display the lock screen
    option.

5. Set the option as Enabled.

6. Click on Apply and then click on
    Ok.

7. Close Group policy editor and restart your computer.

Note: The above steps is applicable to Windows 10 pro version.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with disabling lock screen on the computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable Lock Screen Slide Show in Windows 10

Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

That worked!

Thank you very much!

cs

chasedward, Oct 26, 2019
  5. nsmth Win User
    Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

That worked!

Thank you very much!

cs

my version does not allow gpedit.msc- please provide instructions on how to skip the lock screen and go to login for the rest of us. this is a very annoying step

nsmth, Oct 26, 2019
  6. orbtwin Win User
    Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10  

Hello again @Brink

Yes, i know that the question here isn't the FIRST screen to login. I know that the "damn lock screen" appears when a certain amount of time computer is idle.
    I'm sure i've followed the OPTION THREE correctly.
    Yesterday i follow the tutorial with a remote PC in another room of the house (The PC i want to disable it's the HTPC intel NUC in the salon). Tomorrow i'm gonna to repeat steps in the real PC, you know.
    But this afternoon, standing all day the PC idle, i've just to see the lock screen (the beach and the rocks, default one)

As i said, tomorrow i'm gonna to redo in the real PC, (no remote session)
    By the way...in the task manager, when i must to write the reg key...it's different what you're saying:
    It's the same HKLM that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Tomorrow i'll post you again

orbtwin, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Lock Screen Slide Show in Windows 10

1. Enable or Disable Lock Screen Slide Show in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Lock

2. Lock screen slide show not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen slide show not working: My Lock screen slideshow does not work after a recent Windows update. If I'm away from my computer for a while, instead of displaying the Lock Screen slid show, the screen is totally black. It works at bootup if I don't immediately login and after a manual lock screen Win L....
  3. Lock screen slide show not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen slide show not working: My Lock screen slideshow does not work after a recent Windows update. If I'm away from my computer for a while, instead of displaying the Lock Screen slid show, the screen is totally black. It works at bootup if I don't immediately login and after a manual lock screen Win L....
  4. Windows 10 lock screen slide show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 lock screen slide show: My failing memory tells me I used to be able to set up a lockscreen slideshow and only see some of the built-in Windows background/wallpaper pics. Now it seems my only choice for a slideshow are folders with my own personal pics. Is that the way it works now? I have Windows...
  5. Windows 10 lock screen slide show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 lock screen slide show: My failing memory tells me I used to be able to set up a lockscreen slideshow and only see some of the built-in Windows background/wallpaper pics. Now it seems my only choice for a slideshow are folders with my own personal pics. Is that the way it works now? I have Windows...
  6. Windows 10 lock screen slide show

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Adding Slide Show to Lock Screen

Adding Slide Show to Lock Screen: Hi All, I'm having issues using a slideshow for my lock screen on my computer. When I access the area under Settings the button to locate the file to use as the lock screen doesn't even highlight for me to select a folder. Anyone have any idea what settings may be preventing...
  8. Windows Lock Screen Slide Show, not working

Windows Lock Screen Slide Show, not working: I've had the lock screen slide show running for years. Just recently, when I went to add another folder personalize>settings>Lock Screen>Slide Show The folders I have selected no longer appear. All I get now is the static Background picture. Any Idea what changed? I'm...
  9. Windows 10 Lock screen slide show not working

Windows 10 Lock screen slide show not working: Hi there, anyone know how to fix lock screen slide show not working? My slide show was working fine few months ago until when i update my drivers and suddenly it is not working anymore. I tried some method on the internet and it wasn't very helpful. Btw my background slide...
  10. lock screen slide show issues

in Windows 10 Support
    lock screen slide show issues: Worked fine on windows 8.1 but updated with the RTM of 10 and now the lock screen only works on one screen. Used to work on the 2 screens on the side and not in the middle which was fine but now just on the main screen and the other 2 stay blank. Dunno if its a known issue or...