Windows 10: Get Fonts from Microsoft Store in Windows 10

Discus and support Get Fonts from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Get Fonts from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 How to Get Fonts from the Microsoft Store in Windows 10 A font is a graphical representation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Werewolf, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Werewolf Win User

Get Fonts from Microsoft Store in Windows 10

How to: Get Fonts from Microsoft Store in Windows 10

How to Get Fonts from the Microsoft Store in Windows 10

A font is a graphical representation of text that may include a different typeface, point size, weight, color, or design.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17040, you are now able to install font packages in the Microsoft Store.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17083, Microsoft is introducing new experiences for managing your fonts in Settings, and for acquiring additional fonts from the Microsoft Store.

For now, there is only a small set of curated offerings from Microsofts library of fonts in the Store, but this will grow over time. Make sure to check regularly to see whats new.

See also: Font List Windows 10 - Typography | Microsoft Docs

This tutorial will show you how to get and install font packages from the Microsoft Store for your account in Windows 10.

Contents
    • Option One: To Get Fonts from the Microsoft Store in Settings
    • Option Two: To Get Fonts from the Microsoft Store

OPTION ONE [/i] To Get Fonts from the Microsoft Store in Settings
    This option is only available starting with Windows 10 build 17083.

1 Open Settings, and click/tap on the Personalization icon.

2 Click/tap on Fonts on the left side, and click/tap on the Get more fonts in the Store link on the right side. (see screenshot below)

Get Fonts from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3 The Microsoft Store app will now open directly to Fonts. Click/tap on an available font you want to "Get" and install. (see screenshot below)

4 Click/tap on the Get button to start downloading and installing the font. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Get Fonts from the Microsoft Store
    You will need to have Windows 10 build 17040 or later to be able to install font packages in the Store.

1 Open the Microsoft Store app.

2 Type fonts in the search box of Microsoft Store, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

3 Select Apps in the Departments drop menu, select Personalization in the Category drop menu, and click/tap on an available font you want to "Get" and install. (see screenshot below)

4 Click/tap on the Get button to start downloading and installing the font. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Werewolf, Feb 2, 2018
  2. John Vil Win User

accessing downloaded font

Hello Lori,

To get your downloaded fonts on the list of fonts for Windows 10, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open the Fonts folder by typing fonts on Cortana's search field and press Enter.
    • While the Fonts folder is open, access the folder where your downloaded font is stored.
    • Now that both folders are open, drag and drop your downloaded font from the downloads folder to the Fonts folder.

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Feb 2, 2018
  3. how can I darken the font on pages..

how can I darken the font on my pages because it looks grey and it gives me a hard time reading plus a headache.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Microsoft Store

A Denise Hierl, Feb 2, 2018
Thema:

Get Fonts from Microsoft Store in Windows 10

1. Get Fonts from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fonts Microsoft Store

2. Getting an app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting an app from Microsoft Store: Hello, I downloaded windows 11 and created a new Microsoft account This account, I wanted to download/get an app but when I click on "Get" It shows me this: Image in comments...
  3. Getting an app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting an app from Microsoft Store: Hello, I downloaded windows 11 and created a new Microsoft account This account, I wanted to download/get an app but when I click on "Get" It shows me this: Image in comments...
  4. Can't get anything from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't get anything from Microsoft Store: I'm trying to download iTunes but it won't start downloading, I tried getting another app but it also wouldn't download. When I press the "Get" button, nothing at all happens. I updated my computer, restarted it, signed out and back in but nothing worked. How can I fix this?...
  5. Microsoft Edge is getting better looking fonts on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge is getting better looking fonts on Windows 10: Microsoft Edge seems to be getting a new feature that will make the text you see on the webpage smoother, clearer, and easier to read. The feature is called “ClearType“, which is a Windows-only technology that improves the readability of texts, especially on LCD monitors. A...
  6. Is there a way to sell fonts in the microsoft store?

Is there a way to sell fonts in the microsoft store?: I recently came to know that we can buy fonts from the microsoft store, so I was interested to know if there is any way to sell fonts on microsoft store by creating a developer/seller account?...
  7. Can't find fonts installed from Microsoft Store in C:\Windows\Fonts

Can't find fonts installed from Microsoft Store in C:\Windows\Fonts: Hello there, Today I downloaded the Gill Sans font pack from MS Store. However, when I check the Windows\Fonts directory, they seem not to be there, only the default Gill Sans and Gill MT. Where are the rest? Actually, I would like to manually download and install the...
  8. Can't get app from Microsoft Store.

Can't get app from Microsoft Store.: I download some app before from Microsoft Store, but now it's not working. I am clicking on the blue button of GET but it's not downloading app. It also not showing any reason or message. I need some apps to get, help me out. Tnx....
  9. Where are fonts installed from the Microsoft Store located?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are fonts installed from the Microsoft Store located?: Hello, I am wondering, where are the fonts installed through the Microsoft Store located? Are there any .otf or .ttf files that I can find on my machine? Kind Regards, Ognyan...
  10. Issues Getting stuff from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues Getting stuff from the Microsoft Store: I just setup a few more user accounts on Win10. I'm pretty sure I had them all setup correctly but I can't seem to download anything on the 2 new accounts. There setup for my 2 youngest kids and don't want them on my desktop. Mostly because all the crap they download...