Windows 10: Hide or Show Fonts in Windows

Discus and support Hide or Show Fonts in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Hide or Show Fonts in Windows How to Hide or Show Fonts in Windows A font is a graphical representation of text that may include a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by AFTommy, Nov 15, 2017.

1. AFTommy Win User

Hide or Show Fonts in Windows

How to: Hide or Show Fonts in Windows

How to Hide or Show Fonts in Windows

A font is a graphical representation of text that may include a different typeface, point size, weight, color, or design.

This tutorial will show you how to hide or show selected fonts installed on your computer to be listed in programs for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

*note Font List Windows 7 - Typography | Microsoft Docs
    *note Font List Windows 8 - Typography | Microsoft Docs
    *note Font List Windows 8.1 - Typography | Microsoft Docs
    *note Font List Windows 10 - Typography | Microsoft Docs

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Hide or Show Fonts in Your Programs Based on Language Settings
    • Option Two: Hide Selected Fonts in Your Programs
    • Option Three: Show Selected Fonts in Your Programs
    • Option Four: Set All Hidden Fonts to Show using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Hide or Show Fonts in Your Programs Based on Language Settings

*note Windows can hide installed fonts that are not designed for your input language settings.

If you choose to hide, only fonts that are designed for your language settings will be listed in your programs.

If you choose to show, all fonts will be listed in your programs.

1. Open the C:\Windows\Fonts folder in File Explorer (Win+E).

*note You could also open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Fonts icon to open the Fonts folder.

2. Click/tap on the Font settings link at the top left in the Fonts folder. (see screenshot below)

Hide or Show Fonts in Windows [​IMG]

3. Check (hide - default) or uncheck (show) the Hide fonts based on your language settings box for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

4. You can now close the Fonts folder window if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Hide Selected Fonts in Your Programs

*note You could also open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Fonts icon to open the Fonts folder.

2. Select one or more font family and/or font you want to hide, and click/tap on Hide on the toolbar. (see screenshots below)

*note Hidden fonts will show as faded.

*tip You can press and hold the Ctrl key while you click/tap on fonts to select multiple fonts.

3. When finished, you can close the Fonts folder window if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] Show Selected Fonts in Your Programs

2. Select one or more hidden font family and/or font you want to show, and click/tap on Show on the toolbar. (see screenshots below)

*note Hidden fonts will show as faded.

*tip You can press and hold the Ctrl key while you click/tap on fonts to select multiple fonts.

3. When finished, you can close the Fonts folder window if you like.

OPTION FOUR [/i] Set All Hidden Fonts to Show using a REG file
    *note The downloadable .reg file below will delete the Inactive Fonts multi-string value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Font Management

1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below.
    Set_all_hidden_fonts_to_show_for_current_account.reg

Download
    2. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

3. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

4. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

5. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

AFTommy, Nov 15, 2017

2. Deleting non-Latin fonts in Windows 10 Home

Thanks for the suggestion, but, sadly, it does not. In addition, I have gone to the Font Management setting and followed Microsoft's directions explicitly. Win 10 will NOT let me delete any installed font (except ones that I have installed myself), and it will NOT let me hide any font at all. The 'Hide' setting says it will hide the font from applications, but EVERY application that offers a choice of fonts, whether from Microsoft (Office, Word, Wordpad, Notepad, etc.) or third parties (such as OpenOffice) shows ALL the fonts listed in the Font Management listing. Every. Single. One.

There was a script for removing the non-Latin fonts from Win 7 that automated the process. That script does not work in Win 10. Is there one that does?

Thanks in advance for any help/

Bookbear1948, Oct 27, 2019
  3. How to Hide Fonts

The problem with uninstalling fonts is that I might need them later. I just want to hide them so they don't annoy me so much when I look through my list of fonts that I use regularly, a list that's very small.

CerebralFreeze, Oct 27, 2019
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Download Windows 10 Font Pack

Hi Marco,

You can consider restoring your default font settings by following these steps:

• Right-click the Start icon, then select Control Panel.
    • Choose the Large icons option from the View by drop down list found on the upper-right part of the Control Panel window.
    • Locate and select Fonts, then click Font settings from the left pane.
    • Click Restore default font settings. You can also un-check the
      Hide fonts based on language settings to show fonts that are not designed for your input language settings.

Let us know what happens after the above mentioned steps.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Oct 27, 2019
  6. How to Hide Fonts

Can you name some other 3rd party solutions because I can't seem to find any that actually hides the fonts from appearing in applications like Microsoft Word. It's so annoying to have this huge long list.

I've tried NexusFont as it's one of the more popular programs and it does not hide the fonts that I do not want in Microsoft Word. It's still there. Nexus font simply categorizes all the fonts that you have. It's a little annoying because if you want to use it, Nexus Font takes a while to load.

CerebralFreeze, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Hide or Show Fonts in Windows - Similar Threads - Hide Show Fonts

2. Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.: Good day,I have installed a font. However, it doesn't show in the fonts folder. I tried to open it with \\ComputerName\c$\Windows\Fonts - still, the file isn't there I sorted the files by date to make sure I don't miss it because of obscure file name: nothing showed with the...
  3. Show/Hide Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show/Hide Tool: Anyone else having trouble downloading the Show/Hide tool from Microsoft? All I get is a Microsoft 404 page. Tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge and even Internet Explorer. http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...owhide.diagcab Ben Windows 10 Home version 2004 Build 19041.804...
  4. Windows Show Hide not hiding 2004 feature update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Show Hide not hiding 2004 feature update: Show/Hide has always worked for me. Yesterday I had about 10 updates show. I want to install all BUT the 2004 Feature Update, so hid that in Show/Hide. It shows as hidden there, but when I check Windows Update again the next day, it is still listed. Normally, it would not be...
  5. Hiding fonts from application dropdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hiding fonts from application dropdown: Is there a way I can hide fonts from appearing in the drop down list of my programs? There are a lot of fonts that cannot be deleted, and I'd love to bring my font list down to the dozen or so fonts I actually use instead of a bunch of symbol fonts which I will never use....
  6. Fonts not showing in Font Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fonts not showing in Font Folder: Hi I have a number of fonts that show up in Word and other programs but are not in the Windows 10 Font folder. How can I track where these fonts are so I can either install them in the Font Folder or delete them? Thanks for any advice you may be able to give as I have...
  7. Fonts not showing up in the font folder .

Fonts not showing up in the font folder .: I cant use any of my fonts . It says they are there but i don't see them . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fonts-not-showing-up-in-the-font-folder/a47a6d69-5683-4579-bd56-d63e754a32fd
  8. Fonts on Windows 10 are installed are not showing in the Fonts folder

Fonts on Windows 10 are installed are not showing in the Fonts folder: Hey everyone, I have run into a font issue on Windows 10. I currently have a machine that is on Windows 10 1803 version 17134.590. This is a work computer on the domain. The font I am trying to get working is Bookman Old Style. When I looking in the Fonts folder, it does...
  9. Where are my fonts hiding?

Where are my fonts hiding?: I recently bought a brand new Windows 10 computer from Microsoft, I activated my previously owned license for Office 365 through the Microsoft Store, and started using Word 2016 (seemingly without any problems). I then tried to use another program (Gimp2) and noticed I...
  10. How to Hide Fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Hide Fonts: Microsoft help documents state that if you hide installed fonts, they won't show up in programs anymore. However, I have hid many of the fonts, especially the foreign language fonts and they still show up in programs like Microsoft Word. How do I get them to stop showing up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nexus font not showing fonts in windows 10