Windows 10: How do I hide Cortana from the settings menu ?

Discus and support How do I hide Cortana from the settings menu ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm in a country that's not supported. Neither the language is supported or the locations for her to suggest like restaurants and so on. Why does it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Deranox, Nov 7, 2019.

1. How do I hide Cortana from the settings menu ?

I'm in a country that's not supported. Neither the language is supported or the locations for her to suggest like restaurants and so on.

Why does it show up in Settings ? It takes a bit to load into the window too, moving around other setting blocks. Is there a way to remove it from there ? Build 1909.

submitted by /u/Deranox
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Deranox, Nov 7, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar from Taskbar Context Menu

How to Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and the version of Cortana youre using, Cortana can provide a range of features, some of which are personalized. Cortana on Windows is available in certain regions and languages. If Cortana isnt available for your Windows device, you can still search for files on your device in the search box on the taskbar. Cortana is also available on other platforms, such as Android and iOS, in select markets.

Starting with Search and Cortana buttons on the taskbar.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18317, Microsoft will be decoupling Search and Cortana in the taskbar. This will enable each experience to innovate independently to best serve their target audiences and use cases. Some Insiders have had this update for a few weeks now. For those new to this update, when it rolls out to you, youll find clicking the search box in the taskbar now launches our experience focused on giving you the best in house search experience and clicking the Cortana icon will launch you straight into our voice-first digital assistant experience.

This tutorial will show you how to hide or show the separate Cortana button on the taskbar for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar from Taskbar Context Menu
    • Option Two: Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Separate Search and Cortana buttons on taskbar

How do I hide Cortana from the settings menu ? [​IMG]

OPTION ONE
    Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar from Taskbar Context Menu
    1. Right click or press and hold on the taskbar.

2. Click/tap on Show Cortana button to check (show - default) or uncheck (hide) it for what you want. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO
    Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

ShowCortanaButton DWORD

0 = Hide
    1 = Show

1. Do step 2 (show) or step 3 (hide) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Show Cortana Button on Taskbar
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Show_Cortana_button_on_taskbar.reg

3. To Hide Cortana Button on Taskbar
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Hide_Cortana_button_on_taskbar.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. Either sign in to apply.

8. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 7, 2019
  4. JS563 Win User

How do I hide Cortana from the settings menu ?

Hide 'All Apps' in Start Menu

Nyima,

Thank you for your prompt reply, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an option to hide the All Apps column in the settings menu you referenced. Is there another way to hide this annoying list of applications?

Thanks!

JS563, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

How do I hide Cortana from the settings menu ?

1. How do I hide Cortana from the settings menu ? - Similar Threads - hide Cortana settings

2. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  3. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  4. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. how to hide explorer menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to hide explorer menu: I have too much clutter with explorer. How can I hide explorer menu bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-explorer-menu/6d8b7d17-194d-4a03-848a-99a18e01e60f
  6. Windows 1903 - Hide Cortana From Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 1903 - Hide Cortana From Settings: As I have Cortana disabled, is there a way to hide it from the settings? [img] When I click on it, there's not many options inside... [img] 133280
  7. Hiding files from cortana or search bar

in Cortana
    Hiding files from cortana or search bar: Me and my brother are using one PC and we use separate accounts and I don't want my brother see my music files in his account when he uses cortana/search; how can I hide my songs from my brother? And sorry for my weak English :(...
  8. Hide Printserver from Explorer menu?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hide Printserver from Explorer menu?: Hello all Have just setup a completely new PC with Win10 to start using over my old machine with Win7. Am still using a lot of parts from the old setup though which one thing is my Networked Print Server unit. On my old Win7 unit and which also included 2 other Win7 PC's,...
  9. How do I hide an update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I hide an update?: My Windows 10 Update keeps installing update KB4023057. How do I stop this from happening? Cheers Graham https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-hide-an-update/9f02635a-b34d-4220-8f90-12569675c6a0
  10. How to unpin Cortana from Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unpin Cortana from Start Menu?: i've searched everywhere, and even uninstalled Cortana from Windows Features.. it's no longer running.. but i can't figure out how to unpin it from the Start Menu. Anyone know how to unpin Cortana? Thanks FYI: if anyone is interested in removing hidden Windows...