Windows 10: Add or Remove Maximum processor state from Power Options in Windows

Discus and support Add or Remove Maximum processor state from Power Options in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Maximum processor state from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Maximum processor state" from Power Options in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Maximum processor state from Power Options in Windows

How to: Add or Remove Maximum processor state from Power Options in Windows

How to Add or Remove "Maximum processor state" from Power Options in Windows

The Power Options allows users to specify the maximum percentage of processor capabilities to use. Lower percentage may result in significantly better battery life, but possibly lower performance.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Maximum processor state setting under Processor power management in Power Options for all users in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to add or remove this setting in Power Options.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Add or Remove "Maximum processor state" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    • Option Two: Add or Remove "Maximum processor state" in Power Options using REG file

EXAMPLE: "Maximum processor state" in Power Options

Add or Remove Maximum processor state from Power Options in Windows [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Add or Remove "Maximum processor state" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Type the command below you want to use into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter.
    (Add)
    powercfg -attributes SUB_PROCESSOR bc5038f7-23e0-4960-96da-33abaf5935ec -ATTRIB_HIDE

OR

(Remove - default)
    powercfg -attributes SUB_PROCESSOR bc5038f7-23e0-4960-96da-33abaf5935ec +ATTRIB_HIDE
    3. You can now close the elevated command prompt if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Add or Remove "Maximum processor state" in Power Options using REG file

*note The downloaded .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\bc5038f7-23e0-4960-96da-33abaf5935ec

Attributes DWORD

1 = Remove
    2 = Add

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Maximum processor state" to Power Options
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Maximum_processor_state_to_Power_Options.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Maximum processor state" from Power Options
    *note This is the default setting if supported by your processor.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Maximum_processor_state_from_Power_Options.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 21, 2017
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Shawn Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. lx07 Win User

5. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Could not able to change Maximum processor state

The options like Minimum Processor State and
    Maximum Processor State are not displayed under Processor Mangement in Advanced Power option. It displays only System cooling policy. I want to know the reason behind this and want to know
    How can I change my Maximum Processor State. Kindly help me please

Add or Remove Maximum processor state from Power Options in Windows fc3f16f6-2698-4dc4-be58-cbbb3e66b2af.jpg

Sathish Selva, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Maximum processor state from Power Options in Windows - Similar Threads - Add Remove Maximum

2. Advanced Power Plan Setting "Maximum Processor state" and "Minimum processor state" not...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advanced Power Plan Setting "Maximum Processor state" and "Minimum processor state" not...: SPECS: Win 10 (obv) i7 10700F 16GB 3000mhz 1660 Super So I used to set my processor states to prevent overheating, as my processor runs at 4.6 ghz, and only a few games can get it beyond what I like in terms of temp (80c+ or 176f+), as it generally rests around 80c/174f...
  3. Maximum Processor Frequency in Power Options stays at "0"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximum Processor Frequency in Power Options stays at "0": My laptop is a Lenovo X1 Carbon G10. I am trying to stop the fans from coming on frequently and cool the laptop down altogether. I have already:Set system cooling to PassiveSet maximum processor state to 50%Enabled Maximum processor frequency - here I am running into a...
  4. Maximum Processor Frequency in Power Options stays at "0"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maximum Processor Frequency in Power Options stays at "0": My laptop is a Lenovo X1 Carbon G10. I am trying to stop the fans from coming on frequently and cool the laptop down altogether. I have already:Set system cooling to PassiveSet maximum processor state to 50%Enabled Maximum processor frequency - here I am running into a...
  5. How to show or hide Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to show or hide Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 10: By default, Windows uses a minimum of 5% and a maximum of 100% resources to run your apps and the operating system. If you do not want others to play with these settings, you can hide the Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 10 using Command Prompt...
  6. Maximum and Minimum Processor State missing in Power management settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximum and Minimum Processor State missing in Power management settings: I tried the command prompt fix, downloading the registry file and running it and both didn't work to bring back those 2 options.I am running on Windows 10 20H2 version. Pls help asap...
  7. "Max Processor State" removed from Processor Power Management

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Max Processor State" removed from Processor Power Management: Hi, My computer has issues with overclocking and overheating and I had found that the most reliable fix was to lower the max processor state to something more manageable (100% to 80%, etc). However, the option to do this in "power plan" settings has been removed somehow,...
  8. Maximum processor state?

in Windows 10 Support
    Maximum processor state?: Hi all, I'm not a techie so please bear with me. I just purchased a new laptop. HP with Windows 10 OS. AMD A6-9220 Dual-Core processor and 4 gig of ram. After it's initial setup and removing all the bloatware/crapware, most of the apps and disabling everything in the...
  9. Add or Remove Minimum processor state from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Minimum processor state from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Minimum processor state from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Minimum processor state" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options allows users to specify the minimum percentage of processor capabilities to use. Lower percentage...
  10. Add or Remove Maximum Processor Frequency in Windows 10 Power Options

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Maximum Processor Frequency in Windows 10 Power Options: How to: Add or Remove Maximum Processor Frequency in Windows 10 Power Options How to Add or Remove "Maximum processor frequency" from Power Options in Windows 10 Processor frequency specifies the operating frequency of the CPU's core(s) in MHz. The higher the frequency...