Windows 10: Offline files sync at turn off/session closing (windows 10)

Discus and support Offline files sync at turn off/session closing (windows 10) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I have tried several ideas to sync offline files when turning off windows 10, but none of them has worked. I tried: - the offline files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SoporteFS, Nov 14, 2019.

1. SoporteFS Win User

Offline files sync at turn off/session closing (windows 10)

Hi all,

I have tried several ideas to sync offline files when turning off windows 10, but none of them has worked. I tried:

- the offline files interface: it does not have an option for syncing when turning off

- via GPO: it is not available for windows 10

- via task scheduler: the scripts CscSync.vbs, CscSyncAll.vbs and SyncOfflineFiles.ps1 haven´t worked

- via task scheduler:

- Microsoft -> Windows -> Offline files -> Logon Synchronization

- Microsoft -> Windows -> Offline files -> Background Syncronization

In these both, I have used as triggers the next events:

- Microsoft -> Windows -> User Profile Service -> Operational -> Event id: 3 (session closing notification)

- Microsoft -> Windows -> Offline Files -> Operational -> Event id: 8 (session closing)

Could you please help me out? Do you know any way to do it?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Luis

:)

SoporteFS, Nov 14, 2019

2. Automatically Sync Offline Files with Custom Sync Schedules

How to Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows

Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable.

Users can use offline files (if always available offline to keep a copy of the files stored on the network on your computer. This allows users to work with them even when they are not connected to the network or a server is unavailable. The next time the user connects to the network or the server is available, their offline files on your computer will automatically sync to the network files on the server to update.

Users can also delete their existing Offline Files sync schedules at anytime.

Users will also be able to manually sync their offline files to update them as needed at anytime while connected to the network server.

See also:

This tutorial will show you how to manually sync all or selected Offline Files for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

*note In Windows 7, the offline files feature is only available in the Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions.

In Windows 8, the offline files feature is only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions.

In Windows 10, the offline files feature is only available in the Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

CONTENTS:

• Option One: Automatically Sync Offline Files with Custom Sync Schedules
    • Option Two: Manually Sync All Offline Files from Sync Center Icon on Taskbar Notification Area
    • Option Three: Manually Sync All Offline Files from Sync Center
    • Option Four: Manually Sync Selected Offline Files from Sync Center
    • Option Five: Manually Sync Selected Offline Files Directly from Offline Files

Offline files sync at turn off/session closing (windows 10) [​IMG]
    OPTION ONE
    Automatically Sync Offline Files with Custom Sync Schedules
    1. For how, see:

OPTION TWO
    Manually Sync All Offline Files from Sync Center Icon on Taskbar Notification Area
    1. Right click or press and hold on the Sync Center icon in the taskbar notification area, and click/tap on Sync All. (see screenshot below)

2. The Sync Center icon will indicate when the sync has completed. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE
    Manually Sync All Offline Files from Sync Center
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Sync Center icon.

2. Click/tap on the Select All button on the toolbar. (see screenshot below)

3. You will now see the sync progress and status of each of your Offline Files sync partnerships until completed. (see screenshot below)

4. You can now close the Sync Center if you like.

OPTION FOUR
    Manually Sync Selected Offline Files from Sync Center

2. Click/tap on an Offline Files folder you want to sync selected offline files from. (see screenshot below)

3. Select one or more Offline Files sync partnership you want to sync, and click/tap on the Sync button on the toolbar. (see screenshot below)

4. You will now see the sync progress and status of each of your selected Offline Files sync partnerships until completed. (see screenshot below)

5. You can now close the Sync Center if you like.

OPTION FIVE
    Manually Sync Selected Offline Files Directly from Offline Files
    1. In File Explorer (Win+E), browse to your offline files that you want to sync. (see screenshot below)

2. Select the offline files you want to manually sync.

3. Right click or press and hold on these selected offline files, click/tap on Sync, and click/tap on Sync selected offline files.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Create New Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows

How to Create New Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows

Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable.

Users can use offline files (if always available offline to keep a copy of the files stored on the network on your computer. This allows users to work with them even when they are not connected to the network or a server is unavailable. The next time the user connects to the network or the server is available, their offline files on your computer will automatically sync to the network files on the server to update.

Users can also create custom sync schedules for their Offline Files sync partnerships to begin at a scheduled time they want or for when an event occurs.

User can delete their existing Offline Files sync schedules at anytime.

See also:

This tutorial will show you how to create a new custom Offline Files sync schedule for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

*note In Windows 7, the offline files feature is only available in the Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions.

In Windows 8, the offline files feature is only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions.

In Windows 10, the offline files feature is only available in the Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

Here's How:

2. Click/tap on the View sync partnerships link on the left side of Sync Center, and click/tap on the Offline Files sync partnership you want to create a new schedule for. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the Schedule button on the toolbar. (see screenshot below)

4. If you already created sync schedules, click/tap on the Create a new sync schedule option. (see screenshot below)

5. Check the Offline Files sync items you want to sync on this schedule, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

6. Do step 7 (At a scheduled time) or step 8 (When an event occurs) below for when you want this sync schedule to begin.

7. Create new sync schedule to begin at a scheduled time
    A) Click/tap on At a scheduled time. (see screenshot below)

B) Select what time you want to sync your selected Offline Files, click/tap on Next when finished, and go to step 9 below. (see screenshot below)

Note If you like, you can click/tap on the More Options button before you click/tap on Next to choose any additional scheduling options below you want, and click/tap on OK.

8. Create new sync schedule to begin when an event occurs
    A) Click/tap on When an event occurs. (see screenshot below)

B) Choose one or more events or actions you want to automatically sync your selected Offline Files, click/tap on Next when finished, and go to step 9 below. (see screenshot below)

Note If you like, you can click/tap on the More Options button before you click/tap on Next to choose any additional scheduling options below you want, and click/tap on OK.

9. Enter a name you want for this Offline Files sync schedule, and click/tap on Save schedule. (see screenshot below)

10. You can now close the Sync Center if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Offline files sync at turn off/session closing (windows 10)

1. Offline files sync at turn off/session closing (windows 10) - Similar Threads - Offline files sync

2. Offline File Sync Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Offline File Sync Issues: Hello all,All of our users have their Desktop and Documents folders mapped to our file server. Sync Center recognizes this and creates offline copies of these folders' contents.Well now we have one site that is having issues. When user's log into their PCs they will only see...
  3. Offline File Sync Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Offline File Sync Issues: Hello all,All of our users have their Desktop and Documents folders mapped to our file server. Sync Center recognizes this and creates offline copies of these folders' contents.Well now we have one site that is having issues. When user's log into their PCs they will only see...
  4. Turn off sync in Office for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off sync in Office for Windows 10?: Hello, is it possible to turn off sync in Office for Windows 10? I work for a business and have 10 versions of Office under one account. Issue is if someone changes a setting on one computer it will change it for everyone else. I've turned off sync under Windows, but yet...
  5. Turn off Sync in Windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Sync in Windows 10 mail: I got Windows 10 mail a few days ago. I need for it to not sync. I toggle the Sync slider to turn off Sync, and it turns itself back on. I need to know how to get the Sync slider to say at OFF when I set it to OFF. It turns itself back on....
  6. OFFLINE files and sync center

OFFLINE files and sync center: If I enable offline files on a Windows 10 laptop for files stored on windows server 2016 network drive, is option available to NEVER update server copy of any file when any client laptop re-connects to the network?...
  7. Windows keeps syncing with syncing turned OFF

Windows keeps syncing with syncing turned OFF: Windows 10 syncing is turned off, the cache in Onedrive is deleted, but Windows keeps syncing the wallpaper between my two computers and I do not want that. How can I force Windows to stop syncing while it is already turned off???...
  8. Syncing issue with offline files

Syncing issue with offline files: I turned on the option "Always available offline" for the network folder. However when I turned it off, several files that I could see before do not come up....
  9. Offline files not syncing

Offline files not syncing: I initially turned on "Always available offline" feature for one of the network folder. After turning it off, some of the files (that appeared before) do not appear at all now. Why is this and how can I fix it?...
  10. Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows: How to: Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows How to Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable. Users can use offline...