Windows 10: Open Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Open Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Open Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10 How to Open Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by ThrashZone, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Open Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10

How to: Open Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10

How to Open Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10

The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management, configuration, and other power user Windows tools.

Starting with Windows 10 build 15014, the Win+X flyout has been updated to say Apps and Features instead of Programs and Features.

This tutorial will show different ways on how to open the Win+X Quick Link menu in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Win+X Quick Link menu

Open Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Do step 2, step 3, or step 4 below for how you would like to open the Win+X Quick Link menu.

2. Press the Windows + X keys and release.

*note Using this option will allow you to see the available underlined (letter) keyboard shortcuts to press for each menu item to open with.

3. Right click on the Start button on the taskbar.

4. On a touchscreen, press and hold the Start button on the taskbar until you see the faded white rectangle appear on it, then release.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

ThrashZone, Oct 14, 2014
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 14, 2014
  3. the right click context menu in the start button does not work after upgrade to version 1511

This could be a shell extensions problem. Check out a case here, where ShellExView helped fix the problem:

Winkey + X menu shortcuts not working in Win 8.1

Edit: (more links added for reference)

Win+X menu shortcuts not working • r/Windows10

Windows 10 Start Right-Click Context Menu Items Don't Open

Win+X context menu shortcuts not working - Windows Central Forums

Troubleshooting Right Click Issues Caused by Shell Extensions

Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 14, 2014
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Open Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 14, 2014
  5. Phone Man Win User
    That is a problem as it does a hash check on the content and any changes will not stay. I did see a hack on eightforums that would generate a new hash and let your changes stick. I need to look for that when I can. They are stored in a directory and add and deleting shortcuts works but won't stick.

Looks like Shawn had it and posted while I was typing. *Redface

Here is a link to understand the hashing that MS uses to stop you from freely editing the menu. The program that Shawn linked to takes care of the hash problem.

http://withinwindows.com/2012/04/04/...ing-algorithm/

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Oct 14, 2014
  6. Could you help me how to open the Win+x menu programmatically?
    I've disabled all Windows key shortcuts. This is the one I could use but not able to open it from a Autohotkey file.

I've found
    Code: ControlClick, Start1, ahk_class Shell_TrayWnd,, R[/quote] but it is a workaround and moves the mouse.

szepeviktor, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Open Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10

1. Open Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Open Win+X Quick

2. Terminal in Win+X menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Terminal in Win+X menu: Is there a valid, not garantue vouching way to get Terminal in the Win+X menu on Windows 10? As Windows 11 seems to be a bit over the top for a Lenovo L13 Yoga I just installed W10 on it only to realize that my favourite app "Terminal" is not sitting where I had it in WIn11...
  3. Terminal in Win+X menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Terminal in Win+X menu: Is there a valid, not garantue vouching way to get Terminal in the Win+X menu on Windows 10? As Windows 11 seems to be a bit over the top for a Lenovo L13 Yoga I just installed W10 on it only to realize that my favourite app "Terminal" is not sitting where I had it in WIn11...
  4. Terminal in Win+X menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 - Win-X Menu bug Start right click menu: Custom links broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Win-X Menu bug Start right click menu: Custom links broken: After applying "2022-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5014668" existing and newly created custom links to the Win-X menu location will not show up in the menu. Removing this update will resolve the issue, re-applying the update will break it again....
  6. Windows 11 - Win-X Menu bug Start right click menu: Custom links broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Win-X Menu bug Start right click menu: Custom links broken: After applying "2022-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5014668" existing and newly created custom links to the Win-X menu location will not show up in the menu. Removing this update will resolve the issue, re-applying the update will break it again....
  7. Rename Shortcuts in Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rename Shortcuts in Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10: How to: Rename Shortcuts in Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10 How to Rename Shortcuts in Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management, configuration, and other power...
  8. Add Custom Shortcuts to Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Custom Shortcuts to Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Custom Shortcuts to Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Custom Shortcuts to Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management, configuration, and other...
  9. Add or Remove Default Items on Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Default Items on Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Default Items on Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Default Items on Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management,...
  10. Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Win+X Classic Menu to context menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management, configuration, and...