Windows 10: Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Win+X Classic Menu to context menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by barq, Jul 23, 2017.

1. barq Win User

Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10

How to: Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10

How to Add Win+X Classic Menu to context menu in Windows 10

Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management, configuration, and other power user Windows tools.

Starting with Windows 10 build 14942, items in the Win+X menu were changed to open to the Settings location instead of the classic Control Panel location.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove a Win+X Classic Menu desktop context menu for all users in Windows 10.

While you must be signed in as and administrator to be able to add or remove the "Win+X Classic Menu" context menu, all users will be able to use the context menu.

EXAMPLE: "Win+X Classic Menu" desktop context menu

Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Win+X Classic Menu" to Desktop Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Win+X_Classic_Menu_to_desktop_context_menu.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Win+X Classic Menu" from Desktop Context Menu
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Win+X_Classic_Menu_from_Desktop_context_menu.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

2. Tryx3 Win User
    Tryx3, Jul 23, 2017
  3. moopoint Win User
    How to Turn Off / Disable Touch Friendly Contextual Menu in Windows 10

This registry tweak found on ASKVG:

Restore Classic Context Menu

Fixed my issue with the excessive context menu from touch input

moopoint, Jul 23, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

I'm glad it could help barq. *Smile

Brink, Jul 23, 2017
Thema:

1. Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Win+X Classic

2. Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu: As a number of people have already pointed out the Right-click context menu now consists of a two step process. This soon gets very old and annoying.As a developer I have a lot of stuff in my context menu that I need on a daily basis. For example the entire GIT context menu...
  3. Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu: As a number of people have already pointed out the Right-click context menu now consists of a two step process. This soon gets very old and annoying.As a developer I have a lot of stuff in my context menu that I need on a daily basis. For example the entire GIT context menu...
  4. My Context Menu stayed Classic??

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Context Menu stayed Classic??: Hi. I'm having a problem: didn't change Windows with cmd or regedit, but my Context Menu stayed classic: As you can see in picture, lines choosed is all blue; noy gray. Why is so, different?? And i downloaded registries to fix this problem: nothing changes. [ATTACH]...
  5. How to add Personalize (Classic) to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Personalize (Classic) to Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Personalizing our Desktop as per our wish is what we people love the most. Since the release of Windows 10, all the personalizing menu has […] This article How to add Personalize (Classic) to Context Menu in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Add Macro to Context Menu Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Add Macro to Context Menu Win 10: Hi, I have a macro in Word that I have assigned to a quick link button, and it sends a print after disabling warning messages (to remove the margins too small message). It's a great little macro (that I borrowed from the internet, ha ha) works really well. My question is,...
  7. Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?: Brink , you always helped us in the past with all kind of tweaks etc. Now, after upgrade to 1809 , we can not get the mouse-selected items in the context-menu in blue , we can not use the "Immersive ContextMenu=0 " key in ;...
  8. Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?: Brink , you always helped us in the past with all kind of tweaks etc. Now, after upgrade to 1809 , we can not get the mouse-selected items in the context-menu in blue , we can not use the "Immersive ContextMenu=0 " key in ;...
  9. Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10 Personalization includes your account's System Icons. In Windows 10, the personalization settings are all moving to the Settings app....
  10. Cleanup - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Cleanup - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Cleanup - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Cleanup to Context Menu of Drives in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use Disk Cleanup to reduce the number of unnecessary files on your drives, which can help your PC run faster. It can delete...