Windows 10: Turn On or Off Send Diagnostic Data about Narrator in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Send Diagnostic Data about Narrator in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Send Diagnostic Data about Narrator in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Send Diagnostic Data about Narrator in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by ukwolfie, Aug 14, 2015.

1. ukwolfie Win User

Turn On or Off Send Diagnostic Data about Narrator in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Send Diagnostic Data about Narrator in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Send Diagnostic Data about Narrator in Windows 10

Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10.

Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks if youre blind or have low vision. It reads and interacts with things on the screen, like text and buttons. Use Narrator to read and write email, browse the internet, and work with documents.

Specific commands let you navigate Windows, the web, and apps, as well as get info about the area of the PC you're in. Navigation is available using headings, links, landmarks, and more. You can read text (including punctuation) by page, paragraph, line, word, and character as well as determine characteristics like font and text color. Efficiently review tables with row and column navigation.

Narrator also has a navigation and reading mode called Scan Mode. Use it to get around Windows 10 using just the up and down arrows on your keyboard. You can also use a braille display to navigate your PC and read text.

Finally, you can personalize Narrator's voice to adjust the speaking rate, pitch, and volume as well as install some third-party text-to-speech voices.

If you like, you can turn on send additional diagnostic and performance data to Microsoft to help make Narrator better when you press Narrator+E to give feedback about Narrator.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off sending additional diagnostic and performance data about Narrator to Microsoft for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Send Additional Diagnostic and Performance Data about Narrator in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Send Additional Diagnostic and Performance Data about Narrator using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Send Additional Diagnostic and Performance Data about Narrator in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.

*note You can press the Win+Ctrl+N keys to directly open to Narrator settings.

2. Click/tap on Narrator on the left side, and turn on or off (default) Send additional diagnostic and performance data when you press Narrator + E for what you want under Help make Narrator better on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. If Narrator is currently on, turn Narrator off and on to apply.

4. You can now close Settings if you like.

Turn On or Off Send Diagnostic Data about Narrator in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Customize Narrator Cursor Settings using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Narrator\NoRoam

DetailedFeedback DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you want.

2. To Turn On Send Additional Diagnostic and Performance Data about Narrator
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_On_send_feedback_about_Narrator.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Send Additional Diagnostic and Performance Data about Narrator
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_Off_send_feedback_about_Narrator.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If Narrator is currently on, turn Narrator off and on to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

ukwolfie, Aug 14, 2015
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  3. How to turn off the narrator on Windows 10?

Hello Lee,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• When you say “Navigater”, are you referring to narrator?
    • Did you try to turn the “Navigater” off from the settings page?

If you are referring to the narrator settings, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Narrator settings and select the top most search result.
    • Slide the Narrator option bar to Off status under
      Hear text and controls on the screen.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance on the query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Are there any other voices for Narrator in the Ease of Access in Windows 10?

Hello Brenda,

I would suggest you to refer to the below steps to turn off narrator.

• Type ease of access in the search bar and press enter

• Click on Narrator and turn off
    Reference:

Hear text read aloud with Narrator

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-hear-text-read-aloud

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Oct 27, 2019
  5. narrator

Hi,

To isolate the concern, please answer the following questions:

• Which version of operating system (OS) build is currently installed on your phone?
    • How long you've been having this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot showing the icon or tiles that is circle while the Narrator is turn on and turn off?

For your reference, you may visit this link on how to use Narrator on Windows Mobile.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Dennis Zac, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Jaune Bel Win User
    Narrator won't turn on. (Laptop, Windows 10)

Hi George,

There could be a number of reasons why your Narrator won't work. There could either be a data file corruption or data file loss. We'd like to know more information about this concern so we could provide an accurate resolution. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you checked if there are sounds on your laptop when you play music?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you try to launch Narrator?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you create a new user profile with admin privileges and check if the issue is fixed. You can refer to this article for the steps on how to:
    Set up accounts.

A corrupted user profile doesn't function normally. In such cases creating a new one will help us to identify if the issue is specific to a corrupted user profile.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Send Diagnostic Data about Narrator in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Send

2. About a Diagnostic Data Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About a Diagnostic Data Viewer: Does Diagnostic Data Viewer will send problem reports, including driver error, app crashes, program stop working, BSOD?Diagnostic Data Viewer need internet connection to send to Microsoft to fix problems, true or false?...
  3. Insiders diagnostic data turns off by default.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insiders diagnostic data turns off by default.: Is there a way to fix this. When I checked my windows insiders ring, it said that the diagnostic data collection was turned off. When I try to turn it back on, save it & exit from the settings & then I check again, it the turns itself back off. I turned it back on, the same...
  4. Insiders diagnostic data turns off by default.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Insiders diagnostic data turns off by default.: Is there a way to fix this. When I checked my windows insiders ring, it said that the diagnostic data collection was turned off. When I try to turn it back on, save it & exit from the settings & then I check again, it the turns itself back off. I turned it back on, the same...
  5. Send optional diagnostic data turning off after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send optional diagnostic data turning off after reboot: I thought to re-enroll into beta program I turned on the optional diagnostic dataAfter signing my account into windows insider program then rebooted it After rebooting it shows it is disabled Tried many times but the issue is occuring...
  6. Send optional diagnostic data turning off after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Send optional diagnostic data turning off after reboot: I thought to re-enroll into beta program I turned on the optional diagnostic dataAfter signing my account into windows insider program then rebooted it After rebooting it shows it is disabled Tried many times but the issue is occuring...
  7. How to Turn On or Off Diagnostic Data about Narrator usage in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn On or Off Diagnostic Data about Narrator usage in Windows 10: [IMG]On your Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC, you can turn on sending additional diagnostic and performance data to Microsoft to help make Narrator better when you press Narrator+Alt+F to give feedback about Narrator. In this post, we will show you how to Stop sharing Diagnostic...
  8. Constant narration WITH narration turned off.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Constant narration WITH narration turned off.: When I open a web page, many times I get the female voice describing the subject of the page I just opened. When I research the problem, all help sites say to turn off the narrator. The narrator is off but she still remains. It's annoying. I figured it's Cortana which I tried...
  9. Turn On or Off Narrator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Narrator in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Narrator in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Narrator in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks if youre blind or have low vision. It...
  10. Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data in Windows 10 Starting with diagnostic data" has been added. This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off tailored...