Windows 10: Turn On or Off Near Share in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Near Share in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Nearby Sharing in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Nearby Sharing in Windows 10 Microsoft introduced a new Near Share... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by maamiradina, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Turn On or Off Near Share in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Nearby Sharing in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Nearby Sharing in Windows 10

Microsoft introduced a new Near Share feature starting with Windows 10 build 17035.

Near Share was renamed to Nearby sharing in Windows 10 April 2018 Update version 1803.

Nearby Sharing lets you instantly Wi-Fi. Say youre in a meeting with your boss and need to quickly send them the report or PowerPoint presentation youre looking at on your screen, Nearby Sharing helps you do this quickly and easily. Heres what you can do with Nearby Sharing.

• Share quickly - Send any video, photo, document, or webpage viewed on Microsoft Edge to people nearby by clicking on the share charm in the app or right-clicking to get the share menu. You can share a report with a colleague in your meeting room or a vacation photo with your best friend in the library.3
    • Take the quickest path - Your computer automatically picks the fastest way to share your file or webpage, either over Bluetooth or Wifi.
    • See who’s available - Bluetooth allows you to quickly discover potential devices with which you could share.
    See also: Windows 10 Tip: How to start using Nearby Sharing with the Windows 10 April 2018 Update - Windows Experience Blog

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off Nearby sharing for your account in Windows 10.

Contents
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Nearby Sharing in Action Center
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Nearby Sharing in Settings
    • Option Three: Turn On or Off Nearby Sharing using a BAT file

EXAMPLE: Nearby Sharing feature in Share UI
    Jen Gentleman on Twitter:

Turn On or Off Near Share in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Nearby Sharing in Action Center
    1 Open the Action Center (Win+A).

2 Click/tap on the Nearby sharing quick action button in the Action Center to toggle it on or off (default) for what you want. (see screenshots below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Nearby Sharing in Settings
    1 Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2 Do step 3 (on) or step 4 (off) below for what you would like to do.

3. To Turn On Nearby Sharing
    A) Click/tap on Shared experiences on the left side, and turn on Nearby sharing on the right side. (see screenshot below)

B) Select to share or receive content from Everyone nearby or My devices only for what you want.

C) If you like, you can change the default downloads folder for Near Share.

D) Go to step 5 below.

4. To Turn Off Nearby Sharing
    This is the default setting.

A) Click/tap on Shared experiences on the left side, turn off Nearby sharing on the right side, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

5 You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] Turn On or Off Nearby Sharing using a BAT file
    The downloadable .bat files below will modify the DWORD values in the registry keys below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CDP

CdpSessionUserAuthzPolicy and NearShareChannelUserAuthzPolicy DWORDs
    0 = Off
    1 = On - My devices only
    2 = On - Everyone nearby

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CDP\SettingsPage

NearShareChannelUserAuthzPolicy DWORD
    1 = On - My devices only
    2 = On - Everyone nearby

BluetoothLastDisabledNearShare DWORD
    0 = Off

1 Do step 2 (on - Everyone nearby), step 3 (on - My devices only), or step 4 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Nearby Sharing for "Everyone nearby"
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 5 below.

Turn_ON_Near_Share_from_Everyone_nearby.bat

Download

3. To Turn On Nearby Sharing for "My devices only"
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 5 below.

Turn_ON_Near_Share_from_My_devices_only.bat

Download

4. To Turn Off Nearby Sharing
    This is the default setting.

Turn_OFF_Near_Share.bat

Download
    5 Save the .bat file to your desktop.

6 Unblock the .bat file.

7 Run the .bat file.

8 You will now notice your screen flicker and a command prompt quickly opens and closes as explorer is restarted to apply the registry changes.

9 When finished, you can delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

maamiradina, Nov 22, 2017

2. "ADMINISTRATOR ASKED TO LOCATE MY LAPTOP" & I DIDN'T INITIATE IT.

Respectfully Ask, Why did I receive a notification saying an Administrator asked for my location when I didn't even initiate the process? I did YESTERDAY, just for info, but did receive that notification then. I've checked, ALL Remote Access is turned
    off near as I can tell. Opened Tak Manager don't have any suspicious programs, near as I can tell. Is someone accessing/monitoring my laptop? I'm on a shared network, HOWEVER, I AM NOT IDENTIFIABLE - and ALL SHARING is turned off. Thanks.

RockyCline, Nov 22, 2017
  3. Visitor account printing

Hi,

Is the computer connected to any home group or domain?

Please follow the below steps to turn on or off file and printer sharing in Windows 10:

1 .Press Windows key + X key> Control panel.

2. Choose View network status and tasks under Network and Internet.

3. Select Change advanced sharing settings in Network and Sharing Center.

4. Choose Turn on file and printer sharing or Turn off file and printer sharing, and tap
    Save changes.

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Have a good day!

Amarjeet_Paul, Nov 22, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Near Share in Windows 10

Hello Muhammad Aamir, *Smile

It's only available starting with build 17035.

Brink, Nov 22, 2017
Thema:

Turn On or Off Near Share in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Near Share in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Near

2. How to turn ON or OFF Public Folder sharing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn ON or OFF Public Folder sharing on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Everybody with a Windows 10 computer would have noticed sometimes that the Windows operating […] This article How to turn ON or OFF Public Folder sharing on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Windows 10 Turn Off Password Protected Sharing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Turn Off Password Protected Sharing: We are looking for a way to turn off password protected sharing either programmatically or through some type of scripting (cmd, powershell, etc.) for Windows 10 1607. It is the option in Advanced Sharing Settings (All Networks) in Network and Sharing Center. We can...
  4. Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10 File and printer sharing is the ability of a computer running Windows to share a folder or attached printer with other computers on a network....
  5. Turn On or Off Share Across Devices for Apps in Window 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Share Across Devices for Apps in Window 10: How to: Turn On or Off Share Across Devices for Apps in Window 10 How to Turn On or Off Share Across Devices for Apps in Windows 10 The Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607 introduced a new privacy option in Settings to let apps on your other devices open apps and...
  6. Turn On or Off Apps to Share from in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Apps to Share from in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Apps to Share from in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Specific Apps to Share from in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with Windows 10 build 15007 released on January 12th 2017. [img] Information In...
  7. Turn On or Off OneDrive Notifications for Shared Files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off OneDrive Notifications for Shared Files in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off OneDrive Notifications for Shared Files in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Notifications for OneDrive Shared Files in Windows 10 You can use OneDrive to share photos, Microsoft Office documents, other files, and entire folders with people....
  8. Turn On or Off Public Folder Sharing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Public Folder Sharing in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Public Folder Sharing in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Public Folder Sharing in Windows 10 [img] Information The Public folders are a convenient way to share files on your computer. You can share files in the Public folders with other people...
  9. Turn On or Off Password Protected Sharing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Password Protected Sharing in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Password Protected Sharing in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Password Protected Sharing in Windows 10 When password protected sharing is turned on, only people who have a Public folders. If you wanted to give access to shared files to other...
  10. Windows 10 market share climbs to nearly 13%

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 market share climbs to nearly 13%: Windows 10 is inching slowly but surely towards Microsoft’s billion device goals, confirmed by the newest operating system statistics from analytics firmNetMarketShare for February 2016. According to the stats, Windows 10 continues a consistent monthly share gain of nearly...