Windows 10: Turn On or Off Hide Task Manager when Minimized in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Hide Task Manager when Minimized in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Hide Task Manager when Minimized in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Hide Task Manager Taskbar Icon when Minimized in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Turn On or Off Hide Task Manager when Minimized in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Hide Task Manager when Minimized in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Hide Task Manager Taskbar Icon when Minimized in Windows 10

Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services in Windows 10.

When you minimize Task Manager, it's icon will still show on the taskbar and notification area by default.

If you like, you can hide the Task Manager taskbar icon when you minimize Task Manager to only have the Task Manager notification icon show instead. You can double click/tap on the notification icon to restore the minimized Task Manager.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off hide Task Manager taskbar icon when minimized for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Hide Task Manager Taskbar Icon when Minimized using Keyboard Shortcut
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Hide Task Manager Taskbar Icon when Minimized in Task Manager

EXAMPLE: Task Manager taskbar icon and notification icon

Turn On or Off Hide Task Manager when Minimized in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Hide Task Manager Taskbar Icon when Minimized using Keyboard Shortcut
    1. Open Task Manager in more details view.

2. Press the Alt+O keys to open the "Options" menu and then press the H key to toggle Hide when minimized checked (on) or unchecked (off-default) for what you want.

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Hide Task Manager Taskbar Icon when Minimized in Task Manager
    1. Open Task Manager in more details view.

2. Click/tap on Options in the menu bar, and click/tap on Hide when minimized to check (on) or uncheck (off-default) it for what you want. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 6, 2018

2. Task manager opens minimized.

Press Windows key + P

Click PC Screen only

Restart then check if it opens minimized or not.

or

Press Windows key + X

Click Task Manager

Click Options > uncheck Hide when minimized

Andre Da Costa, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Task manager opens minimized.

Task manager changed and now opens minimized. It maximizes with no problem with a click but I would like to revert to avoid this step in a problem situation.

KevinKing2, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Hide Task Manager when Minimized in Windows 10

icons are missing when the task manager is turned off

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

• How are you trying to turn off Task Manger?

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check if it helps.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Cliff S Win User
    Open Task Manager in Windows 10

Use the Hide when Minimized option and then right-click restore.
    Which also hides the taskbar icon.

Cliff S, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Unable to hide Task bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to hide Task bar. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

a. Right click on the Task bar.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Put a check mark next to ‘Auto-hide’ the task bar.

d. Click on Apply and OK.

If the issue persists try the below steps to restart the Windows Explorer and check if that helps.

Step 1: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager

Step 2: Click on
    More details.

Step 3: Under the Processes tab, right-click on Windows Explorer entry and then click Restart.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Hide Task Manager when Minimized in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Hide Task Manager when Minimized in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Hide

2. Minimized window only accessible in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimized window only accessible in task manager: I have 3 windows active: - - First window: M@ERP System - Second window: Asset - Third window: Report/Listing.I minimized the third window and it is not showing in my taskbar nor the bottom left corner. No indication of a minimized window unless I go to task manager and view...
  3. Minimized window only accessible in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minimized window only accessible in task manager: I have 3 windows active: - - First window: M@ERP System - Second window: Asset - Third window: Report/Listing.I minimized the third window and it is not showing in my taskbar nor the bottom left corner. No indication of a minimized window unless I go to task manager and view...
  4. Auto hide task bar turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto hide task bar turns off: Hello, ever since my computer decided it would be a good time to upgrade to windows 11 I've had issues with auto hide task bar. Any time i walk away and my system goes to sleep quite often because i move around and work when i log into my system and it opens i have an alert...
  5. Auto hide task bar turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto hide task bar turns off: Hello, ever since my computer decided it would be a good time to upgrade to windows 11 I've had issues with auto hide task bar. Any time i walk away and my system goes to sleep quite often because i move around and work when i log into my system and it opens i have an alert...
  6. Turn off auto-minimize windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off auto-minimize windows: Hi, is there any way to disable auto-minimize of windows? for example: I want to place three windows on my monitor without letting the OS auto minimize them. Thank you all. submitted by /u/giuliomoraca [link] [comments]...
  7. Task Manager hiding my programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager hiding my programs: Hey Gang, I've been having a problem when I open certain programs (Adobe Animate). I'll open it and it WILL run, but it won't show up on the taskbar or anywhere else. the only way I can manage to see it is when I go to task manager, end the program and run it again. I have...
  8. Minimized Task Manager Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minimized Task Manager Problem: I have a strange problem with the Task Manager application. When I open it, it does not open on screen, but remains on the Task Bar in a minimized state. What is going on? How do I restore it?...
  9. Turn On or Off Minimize on use for Task Manager in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Minimize on use for Task Manager in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Minimize on use for Task Manager in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Minimize on use for Task Manager in Windows 10 Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and...
  10. Turn On or Off Always On Top for Task Manager in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Always On Top for Task Manager in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Always On Top for Task Manager in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Always On Top for Task Manager in Windows 10 Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services...