Windows 10: Enable or Disable Shared Experiences in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Shared Experiences in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Shared Experiences in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Shared Experiences in Windows 10 Microsoft has introduced a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Shared Experiences in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Shared Experiences in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Shared Experiences in Windows 10

Microsoft has introduced a new Shared Experiences feature (formerly referred as Project Rome and Cross-Device Experiences) in Windows 10 Creators Update. Shared Experiences allows you to share experiences, send messages, web links, and open apps across other devices including other Windows 10 PCs, Windows 10 Mobile phones, and Android devices.

Some examples of the Shared Experiences feature include Share Across Devices.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the Shared Experiences feature for all users on your Windows 10 PC.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable Shared Experiences.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Enable or Disable Shared Experiences in Group Policy
    • Option Two: To Enable or Disable Shared Experiences using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Shared Experiences disabled

Enable or Disable Shared Experiences in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Enable or Disable Shared Experiences in Group Policy

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option TWO below.
    1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Group Policy

3. In the right pane of Group Policy in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Continue experiences on this device policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Shared Experiences
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Shared Experiences
    A) Select (dot) Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, close the Local Group Policy Editor.

8. Restart the computer to apply.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Enable or Disable Shared Experiences using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

EnableCdp DWORD

<delete> = Enable
    0 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Shared Experiences
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_shared_experiences.reg

Download

3. To Disable Shared Experiences
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_shared_experiences.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. Restart the computer to apply.

8. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 7, 2017
  2. 'Mike P Win User

shared experiences

Thanks,

quick search....

You can quickly enable, disable, and change the Shared experiences settings on Windows 10 using the following steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Shared experiences.
    • Turn on or off the Share across devices toggle switch to enable or disable the feature.

Enable or Disable Shared Experiences in Windows 10 23aebb6e-f501-49c1-b427-4b0980d506b3?upload=true.jpg

'Mike P, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Shared Experiences

Hi,

Shared Experiences allow you to start a task on one device and finish it on another, or easily set up a remote control or other companion apps on a smartphone. If you don’t want to use the feature, we suggest that you disable it. Kindly follow these steps
    below:

• Click
      Start.
    • Select
      Settings.
    • Click
      System.
    • Select the Shared experiences link on the left-hand side. Here you will see a switch that lets you toggle the Share across devices feature to the On or Off position.
    • Enable it then restart your computer.
    • Go again to Shared Experiences in Settings app, and disable it completely.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable Shared Experiences in Windows 10

Shared Experience

Hi Zyxian,

By default, Shared experiences feature
    is turned on in Windows 10, and your device is set to share or receive from your own devices only. But if you wish, you can disable it or change the settings. Here are the steps on how to have it disabled:

• Click
      Start.
    • Select
      Settings.
    • Click
      System.
    • Select the Shared experiences link on the left-hand side.
      Here you will see a switch that lets you toggle the Share across devices feature to the On or Off position. If you do not think you will feel the need to share your experiences, you may if you wish, turn off this feature by toggling
      the switch to the Off position.

Do let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Bob 1942 Win User
    Shared Experience

I have tried to get rid of the shared experience notification and I am
    STILL getting that annoying message and I DO NOT WANT to share anything. Has someone actually found a way to get rid of this thing? If MS is going to "offer" these wonderful enhancements, they should find a way to do it without being a pest.

Robert Wasson

Bob 1942, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Shared Experience

Hi Robert,

By default, the Shared experiences feature is turned on in Windows 10, and your device is set to share or receive from your own devices only, but you can disable it or change the settings. If you're not using the feature you can also disable or change the
    Shared experiences settings by going to Settings > Systems
    > Shared experiences.

Also, to better assist in resolving your concern, kindly provide answers to the questions below:

• Were there any changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • What was the exact error message that you encountered?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

We look forward to your response, don't hesitate to get back to us.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer"
    to help those who are facing the same problem.

Jordan Dom, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Shared Experiences in Windows 10

1. Enable or Disable Shared Experiences in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Shared

2. Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Browser Tab Experiences in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Browser Tab Experiences in Windows: [img] Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, offering you best in class web...
  3. Shared experience

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shared experience: What is shared experience? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-experience/5b25db58-043b-40aa-8c42-d6e2eb220569
  4. How to enable or disable Virtualized GPU sharing Sharing for Windows Sandbox in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Virtualized GPU sharing Sharing for Windows Sandbox in Windows 10: [ATTACH]A GPU supports thousands of computing cores to process workloads in parallel. It does this task in an efficient manner. Windows Sandbox environment makes it […] This article How to enable or disable Virtualized GPU sharing Sharing for Windows Sandbox in Windows 10...
  5. How to enable or disable Clipboard Sharing with Windows Sandbox in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Clipboard Sharing with Windows Sandbox in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 Sandbox is being increasingly promoted as a better replacement for VM. However, there’s one problem with it. In the new setting, the Clipboard […] This article How to enable or disable Clipboard Sharing with Windows Sandbox in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  6. Enabling network sharing with smbv1 disabled and smbv2 enabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Enabling network sharing with smbv1 disabled and smbv2 enabled: We all know about how people at microsoft make smbv1 mandatory to share folder across a local network, which exposes us to ransomwares. people at Microsoft have no concerns for security, despite being in IT business for the last 30 years.... in windows 10 , like 1809, the...
  7. Shared experiences

Shared experiences: Permanently disable this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-experiences/36835f74-2f45-419f-8f50-54f1a81dd421
  8. Shared Experience

Shared Experience: What does it mean in Shared Experience "everyone nearby" vs "my devices only"? I keep getting notices from Microsoft to update my Settings even though the "My devices only" button is selected....
  9. Shared Experience

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared Experience: Others seem to have similar problems to this but without many solutions. Every time I log on to my PC I get a message saying that there is a problem with my 'Shared Experience'. Clicking takes me to the relevant control which says that all is fine, but it isn't. My Samsung...
  10. Enable or Disable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can choose how much information you want to share with Microsoft by changing your privacy...