Windows 10: Updates asks every day to install: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender...

Discus and support Updates asks every day to install: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I have a Windows Server 2016 server that every day asks to install: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SNelson79, Oct 8, 2019.

1. SNelson79 Win User

Updates asks every day to install: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender...

Hello.

I have a Windows Server 2016 server that every day asks to install: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.303.1210.0).

I let it install and it says I'm up-to-date. The next day, it's back in the list of required updates. This has been happening for about 10 days now. The same version over and over.

:)

SNelson79, Oct 8, 2019

2. Update Security Intelligence Definition for Windows Defender Antivirus

How to Update Security Intelligence Definition Version for Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10

Windows Defender Antivirus is a built-in antimalware solution that provides next generation protection for desktops, portable computers, and servers.

Windows Defender Antivirus uses security intelligence to detect threats. Windows 10 will try to automatically download the most recent intelligence via Windows Update to protect your device against the newest threats.

You can also manually check for updates. A manually triggered update immediately downloads and applies the latest security intelligence. This process might also address problems with automatic updates. Windows Defender Antivirus and other Microsoft antimalware solutions provide a way to manually trigger an update.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you different ways to check for and install the latest Microsoft security intelligence definition updates for Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Update Security Intelligence Definition version for Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows Update
    • Option Two: Update Security Intelligence Definition version for Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows Security
    • Option Three: Update Security Intelligence Definition version for Windows Defender Antivirus in Command Prompt
    • Option Four: Update Security Intelligence Definition version for Windows Defender Antivirus by Manual Download

Updates asks every day to install: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender... [​IMG]
    OPTION ONE
    Updates asks every day to install: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender... [​IMG]
    Update Security Intelligence Definition version for Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows Update
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Update & Security icon.

2. Click/tap on the Check for updates button on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. If a new Definition update for Windows Defender Antivirus is available, it will automatically download and install along with any other available updates. (see screenshots below)

4. When finished, you can close the Windows Update settings page if you like.

OPTION TWO
    Update Security Intelligence Definition version for Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows Security
    1. Open Windows Security, and click/tap on the Virus & threat protection icon. (see screenshot below)

2. Click/tap on the Check for updates link under Virus & threat protection updates. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the Check for updates button. (see screenshot below)

4. If a new security intelligence definition update is available, it will automatically download and install. (see screenshot below)

5. When finished, you can close Windows Security if you like.

OPTION THREE
    Update Security Intelligence Definition version for Windows Defender Antivirus in Command Prompt
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Copy and paste the command below into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

*note This command will clear the current cache.
    *Arrow "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -removedefinitions -dynamicsignatures
    3. Copy and paste the command below into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

*note This command will trigger to check for an update and install if a new version is available.
    *Arrow "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate
    4. When finished, you can close the elevated command prompt if you like.

OPTION FOUR
    Update Security Intelligence Definition version for Windows Defender Antivirus by Manual Download
    1. Go to the Security intelligence updates for Windows Defender Antivirus and other Microsoft antimalware (click on link) Microsoft website.

2. Scroll down to the Manually download the update section. Click/tap on the 32-bit, 64-bit, or ARM Windows Defender Antivirus for Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 download link for your system type. (see screenshot below)

*note You will see the latest security intelligence definition version and its release date.

3. Save the mpam-fe.exe file to your desktop.

4. Run the mpam-fe.exe file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Windows 7 Ultimate (64) Security updates not installing.

I have been having problems in installing the updates that I have listed below. For each update I attempted to install them individually but they would not install. I also downloaded the SURT 6.1 KB947821 v27. The problem has been going on now for about 2 months. (whenever the issue with the updates comes to mind I am never near my pc). Thank you in advance.

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2838727)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2757638)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2785220)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2790113)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813170)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813430)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2839894)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2726535)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2773072)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2786400)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2798162)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2808679)

autigerfan, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Updates asks every day to install: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender...

Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB22676

I just checked my PC and I got exactly the same Security Intelligence Update as you. It was pushed through Windows Update about 30 minutes ago. Prior to that I also had two standard Definition Updates for Windows Defender Antivirus earlier on today

sportsfan148, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

Updates asks every day to install: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender...

1. Updates asks every day to install: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender... - Similar Threads - Updates asks every

2. Issues with Defender Security Intelligence updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Defender Security Intelligence updates: Hey there everyone, Having an issue across a few devices in the family. For whatever reason, Security Intelligence updates are not actually able to update on their own. If I go to "Virus & Threat Protection" in Windows then check for Security Intelligence updates, it just...
  3. Issues with Defender Security Intelligence updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues with Defender Security Intelligence updates: Hey there everyone, Having an issue across a few devices in the family. For whatever reason, Security Intelligence updates are not actually able to update on their own. If I go to "Virus & Threat Protection" in Windows then check for Security Intelligence updates, it just...
  4. Issues with Defender Security Intelligence updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. windows makes me restart every day to update maybe Security intelligence updates for...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows makes me restart every day to update maybe Security intelligence updates for...: every time I start my computer and I check the power options in my start menu it always shows theres an update that needs to be done, but whats really annoying is that everyday sometime in the afternoon i get a popup telling me to restart now, or it will restart in an hour...
  6. windows defender security intelligence update failed

windows defender security intelligence update failed: hi, i try to configure VDI update for windows defender..the definition file was unpack to file server ..i set the folder security to everyone. but the update still failed. Windows Defender Antivirus has encountered an error trying to update security intelligence. New...
  7. Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus

Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus: Hi, I have these messages in windows update history: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus KB2267602 Version 1.313.2340.0 Failed to install on 4/25/2020 - 0x8024000b KB2267602 Version 1.313.2261.0 Failed to install on 4/24/2020 - 0x8024000b...
  8. Getting Intelligence update for windows defender Antivirus every day now, is this a bug or...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting Intelligence update for windows defender Antivirus every day now, is this a bug or...: Every day when i check for updates, there's alway windows defender update with new version. submitted by /u/kenji_2322 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ggr78v/getting_intelligence_update_for_windows_defender/
  9. install security intelligence update for windows defender antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    install security intelligence update for windows defender antivirus: Everything updates but excepts the security intelligence update for windows defender antivirus why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/install-security-intelligence-update-for-windows/47270eb3-a230-4d5e-b32f-cc15011a0a34
  10. Security intelligence updates for Windows Defender Outdated!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Security intelligence updates for Windows Defender Outdated!: It's stuck at The latest security intelligence update is: Version: 1.307.2344.0 Released: 1/14/2020 6:47:16 PM https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/defenderupdates But the Change logs still goes on:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. security intelligence update every xay

3. security intelligence update 0x80070643

4. Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.305.2437.0) download