Windows 10: Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 for Free

Discus and support Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 for Free in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 for Free How to Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 for Free After 10 years, support for Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 for Free

How to: Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 for Free

How to Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 for Free

After 10 years, support for Windows 7 is coming to an end on January 14, 2020. When Windows 7 reaches end of support on January 14, 2020, your computer will still function but Microsoft will no longer provide technical support for any issues, software updates, and security updates or fixes. Now is the time to upgrade to Windows 10.

See also:
    While the Windows 10 free upgrade offer through the Get Windows 10 (GWX) app ended on July 29, 2016, you can still upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT) if you upgrade from a legally activated Windows 7.

See also:
    Minimum system requirements for Windows 10
    • Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
    • RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
    • Hard drive space: 32 GB or larger
    • Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 driver
    • Display: 800x600 screen resolution
    • Internet Connection: Internet connectivity is necessary to activate, perform updates, and to download and take advantage of some features.
    This tutorial will show you how to upgrade an activated Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free using the Media Creation Tool (MCT).

After you upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10, you can clean install Windows 10 and activate with your Microsoft account.

EXAMPLE: Windows 7 End of Support notification

Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 for Free [​IMG]

Here's How:

1 Click on the Download button below to go to Microsoft's Download Windows 10 site, and click/tap on the Download tool now button at the site under Create Windows 10 installation media. (see screenshot below)
    Download

2 Save the MediaCreationTool1903.exe file to your desktop, and run it.

3 If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes. (see screenshot below)

4 Click on Accept for the Microsoft Media Creation Tool EULA. (see screenshot below)

5 Select (dot) Upgrade this PC now, and click on Next. (see screenshot below)

6 Windows 10 Setup will now begin to download, verify, and create Windows 10 media. (see screenshot below)

7 Click on Accept for the Windows 10 EULA. (see screenshot below)

8 Windows 10 Setup will now check for and install any needed updates. (see screenshot below)

9 Windows 10 Setup will now check compatibility to make sure you're ready to install Windows 10. (see screenshots below)

If anything is found that needs your attention, you can click/tap on Confirm to accept and continue.

10 When ready, click/tap on Install to start upgrading to Windows 10. (see screenshots below)

If you would like to change what you keep in the upgrade, click/tap on the Change what to keep link, choose what to keep, click/tap on Next, and go to step 8 above.

If wanted, you can close the Windows 10 Setup window at this point to safely cancel the upgrade before it starts. This is your last chance to cancel the upgrade.

11 Windows 10 Setup will now start upgrading to Windows 10. (see screenshot below)

This will take a while to finish.

12 Dismiss the lock screen by performing one of the following actions below. (see screenshot below)
    • Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys if secure sign-in is enabled.
    • Press any key on the keyboard.
    • Click on the lock screen.
    • Tap on the lock screen if you have a touchscreen.
    • Swipe up on the lock screen if you have a touchscreen.

13 Sign in to Windows 10 with your account. (see screenshot below)

14 When each user signs in for the first time, they will see the first sign-in animation.

15 When each user signs in for the first time, they will need to turn on or off the privacy settings they want, and click/tap on Accept when finished. (see screenshots below)

Users will be able to change these privacy settings at anytime in Windows 10.

]
    16 You will now be at your desktop for your account in Windows 10. (see screenshot below)

17 Make sure you have the correct time set.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 18, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Uplink10 Win User
    Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users but not Enterprise users

Uplink10, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Windows 7 Lover's Club: For Those Who Like Windows 7 As Opposed To Windows 8

Description:
    • For anyone who likes Windows 7 as opposed to Windows 8 and wants to keep Windows 7 and not upgrade to Windows 8.
    • Also for anyone who does not hate Windows 8 but refuses to upgrade because Windows 7 is perfect.
    Requirements:
    • Be human. Male or female will suffice.
    • Love or Like Windows 7 much more than Windows 8.
    To Join:
    • Make a post.
    Benefits:
    • You will find true love one day.
    • You have have a chance to get rich one day.
    • You will have a chance for your dreams to come true one day.

vawrvawerawe, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 for Free - Similar Threads - Upgrade Free

2. I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...: I recently upgraded my processor and motherboard so I decided to do a fresh install of windows and the product key that I pulled from the old system does not activate my copy of windows....
  3. I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...: I recently upgraded my processor and motherboard so I decided to do a fresh install of windows and the product key that I pulled from the old system does not activate my copy of windows....
  4. I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.4291 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my current windows os on my pc. I'm changing my motherboard and cpu soon. My current cpu does not support...
  6. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.4291 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my current windows os on my pc. I'm changing my motherboard and cpu soon. My current cpu does not support...
  7. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...: I'm buying a used HP laptop that has had all it's data including the original OS completely wiped via Blancco. The units original OS was Windows 8 Pro. I'm assuming the method to reinstall Windows is by using the Media Creation tool via USB. If I do this will the device...
  9. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...: I'm buying a used HP laptop that has had all it's data including the original OS completely wiped via Blancco. The units original OS was Windows 8 Pro. I'm assuming the method to reinstall Windows is by using the Media Creation tool via USB. If I do this will the device...
  10. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade