Windows 10: Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data in Windows 10

Starting with diagnostic data" has been added.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off tailored experiences with diagnostic data for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data during Windows Setup
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data in Settings
    • Option Three: To Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data during Windows Setup
    1. When you get to Choose privacy settings for your device during Windows Setup while doing a clean install of Windows 10, you can turn on (default) or off the Tailored experiences privacy setting for what you want. (see screenshots below)

Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Privacy icon.

2. Click/tap on Diagnostics & feedback on the left side, and turn on (default) of off Tailored experiences on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Privacy

TailoredExperiencesWithDiagnosticDataEnabled DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Tailored experiences with diagnostic data
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Tailored_experiences_with_diagnostic_data.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Tailored_experiences_with_diagnostic_data.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 15, 2017
  2. macke Win User

Missing "Tailored experiences" option in Privacy settings

A couple of weeks ago I installed the Windows 10 Pro N 1703 (15063.413) as a new clean installation, i.e. not as an update from an earlier version.

Yesterday I thought I would go through and check the privacy settings once again. I watched a couple of Youtube videos on the subject and saw that my Feedback & diagnostics settings differed from the ones in the videos. My settings page does not have the "Let Microsoft provide more tailored experiences with relevant tips and recommendations by using your diagnostic data" setting!

This is how my "Feedback & diagnostics" tab looks like:

I did some searches and found this article:
    Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

There you can read the following:

--------------------
    To Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data using a REG file

The .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Privacy

TailoredExperiencesWithDiagnosticDataEnabled DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On
    --------------------

I then checked the above key in my own registry and it has the value of 2!

Why am I missing the "tailored experiences" option in Privacy settings? What does a value of 2 mean in the registry? Is this something that has to do with me using the N version?

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this...

macke, Oct 26, 2019
  3. How to configure "tailored experiences with relevant tips and recommendations by using diagnostics data" in Windows 10 ver 1709?

Hi,

I would like to configure "tailored experiences with relevant tips and recommendations by using diagnostics data" (settings > Privacy > Feedback and diagnostics) in Windows 10 Enterprise version 1709 through either GPO or registry keys. Does anybody know
    the location to change that settings?

This
    documentation
    provides the details, but it is not updated for version 1709, so the settings couldn't be found.

Best regards,

Timmy

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy

Timothy Alexander Tandian, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data in Windows 10

How to configure "tailored experiences with relevant tips and recommendations by using diagnostics data" in Windows 10 ver 1709?

Okay. I have posted question in Technet. This is the
    link

Timmy.

Timothy Alexander Tandian, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  6. considerable trouble with a clean install of Windows Pro

Excellent transmaster, thanks for letting us know.

On the intrusiveness, see if any of these will be helpful

Change Diagnostic and Usage Data Settings in Windows 10
    Change Diagnostic and Usage Data Settings in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10
    Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10

MeAndMyComputer, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Tailored

2. optional diagnostic data keeps turning itself off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optional diagnostic data keeps turning itself off: the video of me trying it outwhen i try to get windopws insider it doesnt let me bc of the optinal data thing and when i turn it on it just unturns on video above is a google drvie link so dont think its sus or sumink i not a scemer...
  3. optional diagnostic data keeps turning itself off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    optional diagnostic data keeps turning itself off: the video of me trying it outwhen i try to get windopws insider it doesnt let me bc of the optinal data thing and when i turn it on it just unturns on video above is a google drvie link so dont think its sus or sumink i not a scemer...
  4. Insiders diagnostic data turns off by default.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insiders diagnostic data turns off by default.: Is there a way to fix this. When I checked my windows insiders ring, it said that the diagnostic data collection was turned off. When I try to turn it back on, save it & exit from the settings & then I check again, it the turns itself back off. I turned it back on, the same...
  5. Insiders diagnostic data turns off by default.

Insiders diagnostic data turns off by default.: Is there a way to fix this. When I checked my windows insiders ring, it said that the diagnostic data collection was turned off. When I try to turn it back on, save it & exit from the settings & then I check again, it the turns itself back off. I turned it back on, the same...
  6. Send optional diagnostic data turning off after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send optional diagnostic data turning off after reboot: I thought to re-enroll into beta program I turned on the optional diagnostic dataAfter signing my account into windows insider program then rebooted it After rebooting it shows it is disabled Tried many times but the issue is occuring...
  7. Send optional diagnostic data turning off after reboot

Send optional diagnostic data turning off after reboot: I thought to re-enroll into beta program I turned on the optional diagnostic dataAfter signing my account into windows insider program then rebooted it After rebooting it shows it is disabled Tried many times but the issue is occuring...
  8. How to Turn On or Off Diagnostic Data about Narrator usage in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn On or Off Diagnostic Data about Narrator usage in Windows 10: [IMG]On your Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC, you can turn on sending additional diagnostic and performance data to Microsoft to help make Narrator better when you press Narrator+Alt+F to give feedback about Narrator. In this post, we will show you how to Stop sharing Diagnostic...
  9. No "Diagnostic data off" on Windows Enterprise?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No "Diagnostic data off" on Windows Enterprise?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Monopolista [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jz7e9s/no_diagnostic_data_off_on_windows_enterprise/
  10. Turn On or Off Send Diagnostic Data about Narrator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Send Diagnostic Data about Narrator in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Send Diagnostic Data about Narrator in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Send Diagnostic Data about Narrator in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tailored experiences with diagnostic data grey