Windows 10: Downgrade Windows 10 Pro for Workstations to Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Downgrade Windows 10 Pro for Workstations to Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Downgrade Windows 10 Pro for Workstations to Windows 10 Pro How to Downgrade Windows 10 Pro for Workstations to Windows 10 Pro [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Dave44, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Dave44 Win User

Downgrade Windows 10 Pro for Workstations to Windows 10 Pro

How to: Downgrade Windows 10 Pro for Workstations to Windows 10 Pro

How to Downgrade Windows 10 Pro for Workstations to Windows 10 Pro

Downgrade Windows 10 Pro for Workstations to Windows 10 Pro [​IMG]
    Information edition of Windows 10 Pro, comes with unique support for server grade PC hardware and is designed to meet demanding needs of mission critical and compute intensive workloads.

The value of Windows 10 Pro for Workstations is directly aligned to increase the performance and reliability of high-end PCs, with the following features:
    • ReFS (Resilient file system): ReFS provides cloud-grade resiliency for data on fault-tolerant storage spaces and manages very large volumes with ease. ReFS is designed to be resilient to data corruption, optimized for handling large data volumes, auto-correcting and more. It protects your data with integrity streams on your mirrored storage spaces. Using its integrity streams, ReFS detects when data becomes corrupt on one of the mirrored drives and uses a healthy copy of your data on the other drive to correct and protect your precious data.
    • Persistent memory: Windows 10 Pro for Workstations provides the most demanding apps and data with the performance they require with non-volatile memory modules (NVDIMM-N) hardware. NVDIMM-N enables you to read and write your files with the fastest speed possible, the speed of the computer’s main memory. Because NVDIMM-N is non-volatile memory, your files will still be there, even when you switch your workstation off.
    • Faster file sharing: Windows 10 Pro for Workstations includes a feature called SMB Direct, which supports the use of network adapters that have Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) capability. Network adapters that have RDMA can function at full speed with very low latency, while using very little CPU. For applications that access large datasets on remote SMB file shares, this feature enables:
      • Increased throughput: Leverages the full throughput of high speed networks where the network adapters coordinate the transfer of large amounts of data at line speed.
      • Low latency: Provides extremely fast responses to network requests, and, as a result, makes remote file storage feel as if it is directly attached storage.
      • Low CPU utilization: Uses fewer CPU cycles when transferring data over the network, which leaves more power available to other applications running on the system.
    • Expanded hardware support: One of the top pain points expressed by our Windows Insiders was the limits on taking advantage of the raw power of their machine. Hence, we are expanding hardware support in Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. Users will now be able to run Windows 10 Pro for Workstations on devices with high performance configurations including server grade Intel Xeon or AMD Opteron processors, with up to 4 CPUs (today limited to 2 CPUs) and add massive memory up to 6TB (today limited to 2TB).
    This tutorial will show you how to quickly and directly downgrade from Windows 10 Pro for Workstations to Windows 10 Pro without losing anything, having to clean install, or restart the computer.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to downgrade from Windows 10 Pro for Workstations to Windows 10 Pro.

Note Windows 10 edition upgrade

Here's How:

1. While in Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, open Settings, and click/tap on the Update & security icon.

2. Click/tap on Activation on the left side, and click/tap on the Change product key link on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Enter your genuine product key for "Windows 10 Pro", and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

Note If needed, you could enter a activate later with your genuine product key when able.

If you are currently signed in to a linked to a digital license of Windows 10 Pro for this PC, then your PC will automatically get activated with this linked digital license even though you entered the generic key below.

(Windows 10 Pro)
    *Arrow VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

OR

(Windows 10 Pro N)
    *Arrow 2B87N-8KFHP-DKV6R-Y2C8J-PKCKT

4. Click/tap on Activate. (see screenshot below)

5. When Windows is activated, click/tap on Close. (see screenshot below)

Note If it was unable to activate Windows with the product you entered, then you may need to Go to the Store and purchase a genuine copy of Windows 10 Pro.

6. You have now downgraded to the Windows 10 Pro edition. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Dave44, Jun 15, 2015

2. Microsoft to Introduce Windows 10 Pro for Workstation PCs

Microsoft is seemingly going to introduce another version of their Windows 10 operating system. After introducing Windows 10 S earlier in the year, followed by the "Chinafinitive" Windows 10 China Government Edition, the company is seemingly responding to specific market demands of professionals and enterprises. The new Windows 10 Pro for Workstation PCs (which was first leaked by Microsoft itself through an erroneous upload to the Insider Program) will apparently come in two variants, a standard variant, and the N variant, which is built to comply with EU regulations.

The new Windows 10 Pro for Workstation PCs will introduce ReFS, the successor to the tried and true NTFS file system. The new ReFS is designed for fault-tolerance and is optimized for handling large data volume, including auto-correcting capabilities and backwards-compatibility with NTFS. Additionally, Microsoft is baking in SMB Direct protocol file sharing in Windows 10 Pro for Workstation which allows for high throughput, low latency and low CPU utilization when accessing network shares. It will also introduce support for systems with up to four CPUs (up from Windows 10 and Windows 10 Pro dual CPU limit) and 6 TB of RAM.

Downgrade Windows 10 Pro for Workstations to Windows 10 Pro 616dcdd0eadc_thm.jpg

Source: ETeknix

Raevenlord, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 pro

I need to change my motherboard, have windows 10 pro. When i google how to it says go to activation then add an account, my issue is there is no add an account option under activation? Or am I in the wrong window?

Downgrade Windows 10 Pro for Workstations to Windows 10 Pro windows%2010%20pro_zpsfb4x7tmp.png

Not sure how to proceed, ive googled it and the same results. Do I have an OEM or? On the disk sleave it says OEI DVD?
    The COA says windows 10 pro for OEM software

jaggerwild, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Downgrade Windows 10 Pro for Workstations to Windows 10 Pro

Mark Little, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Downgrade Windows 10 Pro for Workstations to Windows 10 Pro

1. Downgrade Windows 10 Pro for Workstations to Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Downgrade Pro Workstations

2. Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation: Hi, my current laptop has windows 10 HomeI was about to buy windows 10 pro workstation for itbut then came the question, will I be able to upgrade to windows 11 pro workstation in future if i buy it, I mean for free, or will it cost me extra? at the same time, will the key...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation: Hi, my current laptop has windows 10 HomeI was about to buy windows 10 pro workstation for itbut then came the question, will I be able to upgrade to windows 11 pro workstation in future if i buy it, I mean for free, or will it cost me extra? at the same time, will the key...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows pro for workstation downgrade to windows pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows pro for workstation downgrade to windows pro: So i currently have windows 11 pro for workstation downloaded on a pc but I want it to just have windows 11 pro without workstation part of it. Is there any way I can like downgrade it or make it so the install isn't the workstation one?Also I apparently cant download windows...
  6. Windows pro for workstation downgrade to windows pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows pro for workstation downgrade to windows pro: So i currently have windows 11 pro for workstation downloaded on a pc but I want it to just have windows 11 pro without workstation part of it. Is there any way I can like downgrade it or make it so the install isn't the workstation one?Also I apparently cant download windows...
  7. Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro for Workstations to Windows 10 Pro

Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro for Workstations to Windows 10 Pro: As the title says, I want to know how to downgrade. Also, I want to know if I'll lose my files and programs, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-from-windows-10-pro-for-workstations-to/1178f7e2-a6fa-43cf-a28e-dcf8b4536a83
  8. windows 10 pro for workstation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows 10 pro for workstation: why I can't buy an upgrade to windows 10 pro for workstation from Microsoft us store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-for-workstation/7591ba08-9e79-4c85-8a32-39ab29115dbb"
  9. downgrade from 10 pro for workstations to 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    downgrade from 10 pro for workstations to 10 home: I bought my PC with windows 10 home , and on work I upgraded it to 10 Pro workstations and they activated it for a period of time and this period is over. and now I want to go back to my original 10 home with my original license, so how ? and thank you....
  10. Windows 10 Pro for Workstation

Windows 10 Pro for Workstation: Hello how can i downdload and install Windows 10 Pro for Workstation? 92534

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 product key

2. Install Windows 10 Product Key