Windows 10: W10 Pro problem reports hardware errors. How to interpret?

Discus and support W10 Pro problem reports hardware errors. How to interpret? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a W10 Pro 64 bit PC Windows 10 Pro v1909 Build 18363.476 Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz Memory : 32692MB(3000) Mother... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rocks911_911, Nov 16, 2019.

1. W10 Pro problem reports hardware errors. How to interpret?

I have a W10 Pro 64 bit PC

Windows 10 Pro v1909 Build 18363.476

Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz

Memory : 32692MB(3000)

Mother Board : ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING

Windows Version : Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Installation Date : 2019-07-30

Monitor : Generic PnP Monitor

Video Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Mouse : USB Input Device

Keyboard : USB Input Device

Disk Drive : WDC WD6003FZBX-00K5WB0(5589GB,IDE)

Disk Drive : HGST HUS728T8TALE6L4(7452GB,IDE)

And recently it has been acting unusual. After automatic updates of Windows/drivers/security the PC started acting unstable. There was a tremendous lag in performance. I performed a Windows memory test and everything was reported as normal. I have a drive monitoring program and it shows zero errors or issues. I have lost my Desktop (Windows Explorer stopped working) twice and had to re-boot from shutdown.

A process monitor I use called SysGauge reports a warning about the total number of threads:

2019/11/16 08:42:50 Warning Operating System - Total Threads 3332 Current Value is More Than 2000

However this is not unusual, when I process video the thread count is always very high, thats kinda why I built it. I do not have the processor overclocked at all and for a year not this has been a fast dependable machine.

I ended up rolling back a chipset driver update (I should have exempted it from auto update) and the PC became much more stable. I thought I had all of the instability gone but still I am getting Hardware warnings in the problem reports ( which might have to do with thread count) so not sure what to think.

I employed the System File Check and DISM to RestoreHealth last night and thought I had this thing solved. Im not so sure.

So the question is can anybody interpret this:

Description
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 3000040
    Parameter 1: 2
    Parameter 2: ffff848690607520
    Parameter 3: 1b0
    Parameter 4: 0
    OS version: 10_0_18363
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1
    OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033

There are several others. They all appear to have the same Code: 3000040 (whatever that means)

:)

Rocks911_911, Nov 16, 2019

2. Change Windows Error Problem Reporting Settings in Local Group Policy Editor

How to Change Windows Error Problem Reporting Settings in Windows 10

Windows Error Reporting (WER) is a flexible event-based feedback infrastructure designed to gather information about the hardware and software problems that Windows can detect, report the information to Microsoft, and provide users with any available solutions.

Problem Reporting Settings:
    • Always ask before sending data (Each time a problem occurs, ask me before checking for solutions) - Windows prompts users for consent to send reports.
    • Send parameters (Automatically check for solutions) - Only the minimum data that is required to check for an existing solution is sent automatically, and Windows prompts users for consent to send any additional data that is requested by Microsoft.
    • Send parameters and safe additional data (Automatically check for solutions and send additional report data, if needed) - The minimum data that is required to check for an existing solution, along with data which Windows has determined (within a high probability) does not contain personally-identifiable information is sent automatically, and Windows prompts the user for consent to send any additional data that is requested by Microsoft.
    • Send all data (Automatically check for solutions and send additional report data, if needed) - Any error reporting data requested by Microsoft is sent automatically.
    This tutorial will show you how to change the Windows Error Problem Reporting Settings for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to change the Problem Reporting Settings.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Change Windows Error Problem Reporting Settings in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Change Windows Error Problem Reporting Settings using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Default Problem Reporting Settings

W10 Pro problem reports hardware errors. How to interpret? [​IMG]

OPTION ONE
    Change Windows Error Problem Reporting Settings in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two below.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of the Local Group Policy Editor, click/tap on to expand Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, Windows Error Reporting, and Consent. (see screenshot below)

3. In the right pane of Consent, double click/tap on the Configure Default consent policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (default) or step 6 (change) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Use Default Problem Reporting Settings
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Change Problem Reporting Settings
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, select the Consent level you want in the drop menu, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO
    Change Windows Error Problem Reporting Settings using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\Consent

DefaultConsent DWORD

(delete) = Default
    1 = Always ask before sending data
    2 = Send parameters
    3 = Send parameters and safe additional data
    4 = Send all data

1. Do step 2 (Default), step 3 (Always ask before sending data), step 4 (Send parameters), step 5 (Send parameters and safe additional data), or step 6 (Send all data) below for the consent level you want.

2. To Use Default Problem Reporting Settings
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 7 below.

Windows_Error_Reporting_default_settings.reg

3. To Change Problem Reporting Settings to "Always ask before sending data"
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 7 below.

Windows_Error_Reporting_Always_ask_before_sending_data.reg

4. To Change Problem Reporting Settings to "Send parameters"

Windows_Error_Reporting_Send_parameters.reg

5. To Change Problem Reporting Settings to "Send parameters and safe additional data"

Windows_Error_Reporting_Send_parameters_and_safe_additional_data.reg

6. To Change Problem Reporting Settings to "Send all data"

Windows_Error_Reporting_Send_all_data.reg

7. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

8. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

9. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

10. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 16, 2019
  3. dcbdbis Win User
    W10 Pro x64 1607 For businesses

Excellent!

Thank you for the links and the suggestions. For some reason I didn't think sysprep applied to W10. I will be performing the following steps:

a) SysPrep, then wireshark the resulting installation to a VM
    b) Then one by one the various tools to secure Windows 10. Again, followed by a wireshark session.

Then I'll report back here on the results as reported by Wireshark.

I really appreciate the help and assistance!

Sincerely and respectfully,

Dave

dcbdbis, Nov 16, 2019
  4. pmokover Win User

W10 Pro problem reports hardware errors. How to interpret?

Network Reporting/Listing Problem

I have three PCs in a Workgroup network. All are connected to the router via Ethernet. All are running Windows 10 Pro 64bit with the latest updates. All connect to the Internet with no problems. Each one connects to the other two for file sharing.

I'm not having a network connection problem but I am having what I would call a reporting or listing problem. Specifically, in File Explorer, PC#3 does not show up under Network. PC#1 and PC#2 show up in File Explorer on all three PCs but PC#3 does not show up on any of the PCs. Again, all three PCs ARE connecting with each other but PC#3 is just not showing up on the network list.

If I manually type \\PC3\ in the Windows Explorer address bar, it instantly shows up under Network. If I close Windows Explorer and open it again later I have to manually type \\PC3\ again to get it to show.

So, it's not a connection problem. PC#3 is connected to the other two. It's just not automatically showing up under Network in Windows Explorer.

I don't think it's a hardware or driver problem because there's no connection problem. There's just a reporting/listing problem.

Any clues or suggestions appreciated!

Peter

pmokover, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

W10 Pro problem reports hardware errors. How to interpret?

1. W10 Pro problem reports hardware errors. How to interpret? - Similar Threads - W10 Pro problem

2. My laptop becomes no responding while sleeping, and problem report shows a hardware error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop becomes no responding while sleeping, and problem report shows a hardware error: I have experienced the problem a few times. I fold my laptop and it goes to sleep, and after a few hours I open it and find it not responding, all lights and screen off, only with fans spining. I have to hold power button and force turning off, then during the system booting,...
  3. My laptop becomes no responding while sleeping, and problem report shows a hardware error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop becomes no responding while sleeping, and problem report shows a hardware error: I have experienced the problem a few times. I fold my laptop and it goes to sleep, and after a few hours I open it and find it not responding, all lights and screen off, only with fans spining. I have to hold power button and force turning off, then during the system booting,...
  4. How do I interpret the Battery Report?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I interpret the Battery Report?: submitted by /u/LoveLaika237 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ma0yl1/how_do_i_interpret_the_battery_report/
  5. I need help interpreting my battery report on Windows Surface Pro 7!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need help interpreting my battery report on Windows Surface Pro 7!: I've been having problems with the battery life on my Windows Surface Pro 7 where I leave it to fully charge and it doesn't turn on unless I plug it into it's charger. Once it's turn on it shows it has 0% battery after letting it charge a few hours or so. My Surface Pro also...
  6. How to keep W10 while changing hardware?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to keep W10 while changing hardware?: Hi all, I would like to upgrade my pc and buy a new motherboard, cpu and ram. I use 2 x m.2 hdds in my current setup. Since I have lots of programs installed and many config files, how can I change my hardware without installing everything from scratch? Is there any way?...
  7. Windows 10 Problem/error reporter

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Problem/error reporter: Hello, recently ive seen windows problem reporter pop up in my process list, using some of my CPU. I disabled it in registery and also in control panel, but the issue still persists. I noticed this issues started happening a few days after I enabled XMP in my mbo settings,...
  8. Hardware error every 1min in reliablity report

Hardware error every 1min in reliablity report: I have recently replaced my graphic card and did complete driver wipe AMD DDU and driver download when I installed it since it was not working due to incompatibilities with my previous card driver I assume. Everything seems to be working fine, I've had it for two days and in...
  9. Hardware errors on W10 64 bit PC

Hardware errors on W10 64 bit PC: I have a W10 (10.0.18362 Build 18362) 64 bit PC that has been acting unusual. The most consistent problem is a tremendous lag. If I click on a web browser for example it might take half a minute to open. Click on ThisPC and it also takes forever, like two minutes. This is...
  10. How to interpret setupact.log and setuperr.log from failed W10 install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to interpret setupact.log and setuperr.log from failed W10 install: Are there any tools that help pinpoint the real errors as opposed to all the "noise". My setuperr file is "only" 65KB but the setupact file is, and I'm not making this up, 32,866 KB. Is a setupact file that big a "good thing" or a "really, really bad thing?" I'm asking...