Access your music collection from OneDrive with Xbox Music app

Discus and support Access your music collection from OneDrive with Xbox Music app in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Starting today, you can now access your personal music collection from OneDrive across your Windows devices with the Xbox Music app for free! Just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Source: Access your personal music collection from OneDrive with the Xbox Music app

Brink, Mar 17, 2015
  2. adamf Win User

only available in
    :)

adamf, Mar 18, 2015
  3. Ezk1993 Win User
    Groove Music not syncing Pass collection

Since updating to Windows 10 (and Groove Music from Xbox Music) my cloud collection is not syncing. I have a huge collection of songs in the cloud (not on OneDrive) thanks to my music pass, but none of them are syncing. I can access my full collection
    on the web and on my phone but not on the Groove Music app. Does anyone know any solutions for this problem, or how to force a manual sync through the Groove Music app?

Ezk1993, Mar 18, 2015
  4. THINSKIN Win User

windows phone xbox music and onedrive

since the integration of the xbox mobile music app and onedrive it is said to be that you can place your music in the onedrive music folder and then access that music on a mobile device using the xbox music app. I am unable to access that music on onedrive
    using the xbox mobile app, however I can play the music that's in the onedrive music folder by opening one drive taping on a song to play and this song will then play on the xbox music app. my question is am I supposed to be able to access this music on onedrive
    in the music folder through the xbox mobile music app. so in other words am I supposed to be able to open the xbox mobile music app and be able to see the songs that I have placed in the onedrive music folder, if so how because I am unable to see these songs.
    I am using the nokia lumia icon with windows 8.1

THINSKIN, Mar 18, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    Well you are in France *Biggrin

swarfega, Mar 18, 2015
  6. adamf Win User
    About 1/2 the time, yes.

adamf, Mar 18, 2015
  7. BillyBob Win User
    This is good news for me, I love my music, I don't know why Microsoft couldn't have just pointed Onedrive to the Music folder but who cares this will do me.

BillyBob, Mar 19, 2015
  8. Winuser Win User

In some areas I'm still behind the times. All my music is still on cds or vinyl. *Smile

Winuser, Mar 19, 2015
  9. BillyBob Win User
    One of my main obsessions with computers is to get everything digital, movies, videos and music. I couldn't wait to get off vinyl with all the hissing popping and rumbling and I had some pretty expensive gear. Even when I buy a Blu Ray movie I rip it straight onto my NAS and stream it from there.

BillyBob, Mar 19, 2015
  10. Winuser Win User
    I'm in no hurry to digitize my music. I haven't listened to my records in years. As for my cds, I rarely listen to them in the house. I mainly listen to them when I'm driving and both of my vehicles have cd players.

Winuser, Mar 19, 2015
  11. BillyBob Win User
    When I jump in my car, my radio senses my phone and then I play the music off that, or I burn a whole lot of mp3s onto a disc and play that.

BillyBob, Mar 19, 2015
  12. Winuser Win User
    My radios don't have bluetooth or any other way to connect to my phone. I not sure if they will play mp3s or not I'll have to try it someday. That would be nice on long trips.

Winuser, Mar 19, 2015
  13. paulsalter Win User

another disappointing change for me from MS, don't know why they cant just add new features (like this one) without removing others

I relied on the auto music matching to get my music on all devices, now to do the same I have to upload it all to onedrive, as I don't have broadband capable of this not sure whether to stick with xbox music anymore *Sad

paulsalter, Mar 19, 2015
  14. Rocky Win User
    Yes, I have been digitizing my music collection for about 5 years (I'm almost done) and I have about 7 terabytes of high fidelity music files on my computer. Playing files straight from computer to a high fidelity USB DAC like this http://us.marantz.com/us/Products/Pa...oductId=HDDAC1 straight to my stereo has made my life so much easier.

Rocky, Mar 19, 2015
  15. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Although "I'm almost retired" now -- one of my biggest money makers is STILL in cutting VINYL for people --I still have to use an XP VM for this - but they love the customised records and personalised labels I can make for them. I even get demands for 78 RPM's which can still be played on "Wind up gramophones".

It's quite fun though creating a 78 RPM for someone of a RAP record -- probably the "Rapper" wasn't even born when the 78 RPM died. (Although I prefer Classical music myself -- well give the customer what they want !!!).

The biggest problem was actually sourcing the Blanks -- now though they are easy to get hold of. Vinyl has been a total surprise to me --there's a HUGE and growing demand for it -- even in this digital age. !!!!

@all music lovers -- forget loss compressed mp3's -- FLAC can be handled and played by most decent music players -- even some smart phones have a decent enough quality DAC in them to handle FLAC. The cost of storage is really MINIMAL these days -- no reason to accept anything but the BEST quality for your music.

For copying on to a small SD card for portable devices and those hideous bud earphones --you can create mp3 versions from the FLAC - but it doesn't work properly the other way around. FLAC works, is reasonably LOSSELESSLY stored on HDD's , is NOT a proprietary format and you keep the ORIGINAL music.

I love listening to High Quality audio -- my reference speakers at home cost probably 2,000 USD a pop -- but I still get that great feeling when you hear a high quality VINYL record -- somehow there's something missing in the whole digital experience. -- I suppose it's a bit like saying how is a STRAD violin different to a top quality modern instrument -- scientific analysis of the sound waves etc can show the modern instrument faithfully creates the music better but I don't believe any violinist on this planet would refuse the chance to play a STRAD, and I'm sure concert goers would pay a premium to hear a violinist playing a STRAD.

For those of us who have missed out on the whole classical experience -- start with this :

Stradivarius - Wikipedia

@Forum Mods -- Build 10041 -- can't cut and paste URL links unless you switch IE to "Compatabilty mode".

Cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 19, 2015
Thema:

1. Access your music collection from OneDrive with Xbox Music app - Similar Threads - Access music collection

2. Mail app malfunction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app malfunction: A few days ago I posted a question about the function of the Mail app. When I open an email message like the one below using the Mail app viewer it only shows this line information with no pictures or images or graphics, just this. I've been told that it could be a corrupted...
  3. OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive: Porque tarda tanto en sincronizar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/onedrive/ad55c504-4b85-4986-a967-649616d69d0a
  4. suggested apps

suggested apps: how do I turn off suggested apps from instalng and showing up on my start automatically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/suggested-apps/352f9108-e745-468b-b07d-b3c31b486507
  5. help this is what my screen looks like? from my point view the screen in tinted green gray.

help this is what my screen looks like? from my point view the screen in tinted green gray.: here is the dilemma, happen after a lighting strike it was worse before but this is what is subsided to [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/help-this-is-what-my-screen-looks-like-from-my/f168d730-0e22-40d0-9986-3d96f7e8950a
  6. Like to Create data backups From CMD command can i ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Like to Create data backups From CMD command can i ?: Like to Create Full backups From CMD command can i ? 115978
  7. New Shopping Cart feature available in Xbox Store to Xbox One Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    New Shopping Cart feature available in Xbox Store to Xbox One Insiders: [ATTACH] Beginning today Preview Alpha – Skip Ahead, Preview Alpha, and Preview Beta can begin using the new Shopping Cart feature in the Xbox Store! FEATURE DETAILS: You’ll now see a Cart icon in the Store which will navigate to the Shopping Cart. All game and app...
  8. help this is what my screen looks like? from my point view the screen in tinted green gray.

help this is what my screen looks like? from my point view the screen in tinted green gray.: help this is what my screen looks like? from my point view the screen in tinted green-gray. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/help-this-is-what-my-screen-looks-like-from-my/1cfd39dd-64b2-4a25-9548-8d95ac4d6255
  9. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck: Hello. After installing a Sapphire RX Vega 64 nitro+. I have been suffering from random restarts. However, it is literally random. It may suddenly restart while browsing the web and even one time is simply happened while i was browsing stuff on the desktop. And the event...
  10. OneDrive referral link not giving extra storage?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive referral link not giving extra storage?: Hello, I understand that if someone makes a OneDrive account through a referral link, you'd both receive 500mb extra storage for your OneDrive account. I have sent my referral link to a friend and she made a new OneDrive account through that link but we both haven't...