Windows 10: Allow or Block Microsoft Family Member to Sign in to Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Allow or Block Microsoft Family Member to Sign in to Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Allow or Block Microsoft Family Member to Sign in to Windows 10 PC How to Allow or Block Microsoft Family Member to Sign in to Windows 10 PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Allow or Block Microsoft Family Member to Sign in to Windows 10 PC

How to: Allow or Block Microsoft Family Member to Sign in to Windows 10 PC

How to Allow or Block Microsoft Family Member to Sign in to Windows 10 PC

One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family features and settings. It's a free service that helps families stay connected and keeps kids safer on Windows 10, Xbox One devices, and Android devices running Microsoft Launcher. Youll find settings like activity reporting, screen time limits, location sharing, and content filters, where you can also track kids spending and add money to their Microsoft accounts.

A Microsoft family group is separate from other Microsoft apps and programs. You can sign up with your email account. If you already use Skype, youll have a family chat set up and waiting for you once you create your family group. If you dont already have Skype, get more information and sign up to create an account for your family.

Once you set up your family group, you can add or remove child and adult members.

Its easy to share your Windows 10 PC with family members. Add family members using Add a family member from your PC's Settings, and theyll be able to use that PC as well. And you're always in control. You can allow or block them from using a PC at any time.

When a family member is blocked on a PC, their account will no longer show on the sign in screen for them to no longer be able to sign in to this specific Windows 10 PC.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to allow or block a child or adult member of your Microsoft Family group to be able to sign in and use your Windows 10 PC.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Allow Family Member to Sign in and Use PC
    • Option Two: To Block Family Member from Signing in and Using PC

EXAMPLE: Child member of family on sign-in screen of Windows 10 PC

Allow or Block Microsoft Family Member to Sign in to Windows 10 PC [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Allow Family Member to Sign in and Use PC
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

2. Click/tap on Family & other users on the left side, click/tap on the family member you want to allow, and click/tap on Allow. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Allow to confirm. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Block Family Member from Signing in and Using PC
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

2. Click/tap on Family & other users on the left side, click/tap on the family member you want to block, and click/tap on Block. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Block to confirm. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 5, 2016
  2. Vijay B Win User

Unable to add or create family member or non family member account in Windows 10 Pro

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

It’s easy to share your Windows 10 PC with family members. Add family members using "Add a family member" from your PC's Settings, and they’ll be able to use that PC as well. And you're always in control. You can allow or block them from using a PC at any time.

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link:

Set up family features

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/set-up-family#set-up-family=windows-10

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Oct 26, 2019
  3. removing a family member

I like to remove a family member from the account but when I select family member I do not see remove option and the only choices are either Block to sign or change. Any suggestion.

MariamMoasser, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Vijay B Win User

Microsoft Family

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

It’s easy to share your Windows 10 PC with family members. Add family members using "Add a family member" from your PC's Settings, and they’ll be able to use that PC as well. And you're always in control. You can allow or block them from using a PC at any time.

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link:

Set up family features

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/set-up-family#set-up-family=windows-10

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Nikhar_K Win User
    Add member to your Microsoft family in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To add a family member to your Microsoft account, I suggest you to follow the steps from

Add members to your Microsoft family.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 26, 2019
  6. cmfb87 Win User
    Microsoft Family

I tried using this link but unfortunately it wont allow me to remove the account because it is an adult account and I have been registered as a child account

cmfb87, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Allow or Block Microsoft Family Member to Sign in to Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Allow Block Microsoft

2. Removing Family Members from Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Family Members from Microsoft family: I need help removing family members from my microsoft family. When I try to remove an account I get this error: You can't remove XXXXX from the family group.Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent...
  3. Removing Family Members from Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Family Members from Microsoft family: I need help removing family members from my microsoft family. When I try to remove an account I get this error: You can't remove XXXXX from the family group.Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent...
  4. Microsoft Rewards Family Members

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Rewards Family Members: I noticed you can share points between family members. Is there a limit how many family members? I have several family members that want to share their points with me but fear that Microsoft will think it's suspicious or something just because there is a few members sending...
  5. Microsoft won't allow me to add a family member

Microsoft won't allow me to add a family member: Hi Microsoft wont allow me to add a family member. I bought and set up a Family Microsoft 365 account for us to share and use Office. My daughter was added instantly. My son keeps getting a "Sorry, something went wrong. We're not sure what happened but refreshing the page...
  6. family account not allowing sign in.

family account not allowing sign in.: why is the child account locked out and it shows as fine in the main account? What are we doing wrong????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-account-not-allowing-sign-in/33781147-2e11-40f5-aaf4-d78dbd60aebe
  7. broken "family member needs to sign in"

broken "family member needs to sign in": Parental controls stopped working. Family.Microsoft.com has alert: "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device AngLaptop2014 for family features to work. But the "how to fix this" says Select Accounts > Family & other people Under Your family,...
  8. Add members to Microsoft Family

Add members to Microsoft Family: Good Day, I need help, I just wanna ask if how ca I have a microsoft Family member? * Moved from Community Participation Center ***Modified title from: Microsoft Family***...
  9. Family member needs to sign in

Family member needs to sign in: I keep getting this error message: Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device DESKTOP-2xxxx for family features to work. Instructions do not work. I have no option for them to sign in when I am logged into my main windows account assuming this is what...
  10. Unable to add a family member in microsoft family

Unable to add a family member in microsoft family: I am logged in with the admin account and trying to add a family member but in the family and other users option it is saying "We couldn't connect to microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date".. Pleaase help me with this!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. allow a family member to sign in on microsoft