Windows 10: Backup and Restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10

Discus and support Backup and Restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Backup and Restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10 Windows includes a special... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by oseph, Jul 28, 2015.

1. oseph Win User

Backup and Restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10

How to: Backup and Restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10

How to Backup and Restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10

Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to find, see, open, and switch between your apps. You can also see the specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open.

You can also add toolbars to the taskbar. The default toolbars include Address, Links, Desktop, and any new toolbars (custom) added by the user or an application.

If you have more than one main display by default.

This tutorial will show you how to back up and restore all of your taskbar toolbars in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] To Back Up all Taskbar Toolbars

*note The taskbar toolbars you add for your account are saved in the registry key location below.

The downloadable .bat file below will export this Desktop key to a My_Taskbar-Toolbars_Backup.reg file on your desktop as a backup.

*Arrow HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams\Desktop
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below.
    Backup_Taskbar_Toolbars.bat

Download
    2. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .bat file.

4. Run the .bat file.

5. You will now notice a command prompt quickly open and close.

6. You will now have a My_Taskbar-Toolbars_Backup.reg file on your desktop. This is the back up of all your current taskbar toolbars. Keep it saved in a safe location.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Restore Taskbar Toolbars

*note You can restore a backup of taskbar toolbars to any user account or computer.
    1. Click/tap on the My_Taskbar-Toolbars_Backup.reg file created from Option One above.

2. When prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

3. Restart explorer to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

oseph, Jul 28, 2015
  2. Brink Win User

Reset and Clear Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10

Peter,

If you like, you could create a backup of your toolbars once you have them set how you wanted after resetting. This way you will easily be able to restore the backup as need if you should want to reset them again in the future.

*Arrow Backup and Restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. No Jo Win User
    Toolbars missing from Taskbar in Windows 10 v1803

My original thread on May 17 2018 is locked.

Toolbars missing from Taskbar in Windows 10 v1803

However here is a solution:

Remove the Language Toolbar from the Taskbar by unticking (unchecking) it in the list of Toolbars. It will then float and will not show up in your Toolbars list or on the Taskbar.

Logoffs, Restarts and full Shutdown/Poweroff/Startup will all retain the Toolbars as set.

Hope this helps someone.

No Jo, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Backup and Restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10

installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Arul_D Win User
    Taskbar toolbar "Desktop" opens behind Taskbar

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• What are you exactly referring to when you say “Taskbar-toolbar "Desktop" added to the Taskbar”?
    For testing, I suggest you to create a new user account and check the status of this issue.

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Reply us back with the results. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Try3 Win User
    Toolbars on taskbar showing bits of folders

I find that the easiest way to avoid that is to adjust the widths you have allowed for each Taskbar Toolbar name using this procedure -

1 Right-click on any spare Taskbar area and click on lock the taskbar to deselect it [to unlock it]
    2 Right-click on the name of each Toolbar & untick both Show text & Show title
    3 For each Toolbar, drag its pair of double ¦¦ thingies as close together as they will go
    4 Right-click on a bit of spare space where the toolbar name would be if it was showing [it is a bit awkward but you can find a spare space in that area, try low down just to the left of the >> symbol], select Show title
    5 Right-click on any spare Taskbar area and click on lock the taskbar to select it [to lock it]

The Taskbar Toolbars should now show their names completely but none of their contents.

The TenForumsTutorials about Taskbar Toolbars are

[table][tr][td]Taskbar Toolbars - Reset and Clear in Windows 10 [/td] [/tr] [/table]

Denis

Thema:

Backup and Restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10

1. Backup and Restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Backup Restore Taskbar

2. TASKBAR - TOOLBAR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TASKBAR - TOOLBAR: It will be very helpful and time saving if we can have taskbar toolbar functions back in windows 11. Toolbar was really time saving and an excellent feature of windows. is there a plan to bring the toolbar back in windows 11? otherwise, many users potentially will switch back...
  3. Restore 'Links' Toolbar in taskbar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore 'Links' Toolbar in taskbar in Windows 11: My computer just forced me to upgrade to Windows 11, which I did not want to do! The most glaring thing missing is the option for a 'Links' toolbar in the taskbar, where you can drag down the icon from a URL and drop it in Links so you can access those links immediately...
  4. Restore 'Links' Toolbar in taskbar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore 'Links' Toolbar in taskbar in Windows 11: My computer just forced me to upgrade to Windows 11, which I did not want to do! The most glaring thing missing is the option for a 'Links' toolbar in the taskbar, where you can drag down the icon from a URL and drop it in Links so you can access those links immediately...
  5. How to backup and restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to backup and restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10: [ATTACH]This post talks about how to backup and restore taskbar toolbars in Windows 10. […] This article How to backup and restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. toolbar/taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    toolbar/taskbar: Hi new to this page and hoping for some desperately needed help!!!!! I have windows 10 now ( i think a mistake and can't go back) but my tool/task bar won't auto hide. Somedays it will for a moment or opening new tabs, then it jusy stays put and won't go away..... Any ideas...
  7. Windows 10 taskbar toolbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 taskbar toolbar icons: I've been looking all over the paces and was not able to find any inteligent answer. Recently I lost my icons sort order for Quick Launch toolbar. any time after I move icons around to place all in some logical (to me) order, the next time I reboot the computer they are...
  8. Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Add Toolbars on the Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to find, see, open,...
  9. Backup and Restore Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to back up and restore all pinned apps on your taskbar in Windows 10. This can be handy if you do not want...
  10. Backup and Restore Quick Access Toolbar in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Quick Access Toolbar in Windows 10 File Explorer: How to: Backup and Restore Quick Access Toolbar in Windows 10 File Explorer How to Backup and Restore Quick Access Toolbar in Windows 10 File Explorer [img] Information The Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) is a small, customizable toolbar that exposes a set of Commands that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pinned text files on taskbar restore

2. my_taskbar-toolbars_backup.reg