Windows 10: Change Minimize Narrator Home to Taskbar or System Tray in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Minimize Narrator Home to Taskbar or System Tray in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Minimize Narrator Home to Taskbar or System Tray in Windows 10 How to Change Minimize Narrator Home to Taskbar or System Tray in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Change Minimize Narrator Home to Taskbar or System Tray in Windows 10

How to: Change Minimize Narrator Home to Taskbar or System Tray in Windows 10

How to Change Minimize Narrator Home to Taskbar or System Tray in Windows 10

Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10.

Starting with turn on Narrator, you will be taken to Narrator Home by default, which gives you one place where you can access everything you need for Narratorwhether you want to change your settings or learn Narrator basics with QuickStart.

If you turn off show Narrator Home when Narrator starts, then Narrator Home will be minimized by default when Narrator starts.

Narrator Home will minimize to the system tray by default, but you can select to minimize Narrator Home to either the taskbar or system tray (notification area) by default for what you want.

This tutorial will show you how to change Narrator Home to minimize to the taskbar or system tray (notification area) by default for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Change Minimize Narrator Home to Taskbar or System Tray in Settings
    • Option Two: Change Minimize Narrator Home to Taskbar or System Tray using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Narrator Home, and minimized to taskbar and system tray

Change Minimize Narrator Home to Taskbar or System Tray in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Change Minimize Narrator Home to Taskbar or System Tray in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.

*note You can press the Win+Ctrl+N keys to directly open to Narrator settings.

2. Click/tap on Narrator on the left side, and check (on - default) or uncheck (off - taskbar) Minimize Narrator Home to the system tray for what you want on the right side under the Start-up options section. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Change Minimize Narrator Home to Taskbar or System Tray using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Narrator\NarratorHome

MinimizeType DWORD

0 = System tray (notification area)
    1 = Taskbar

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Minimize Narrator Home to System Tray
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Minimize_Narrator_Home_to_the_system_tray.reg

Download

3. To Minimize Narrator Home to Taskbar
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Minimize_Narrator_Home_to_the_taskbar.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 20, 2018
  2. Anthr4X Win User

Minimize to the tray on startup

Minimize to tray at startup

I'm looking for a way to autorun GPU-Z minimized on Windows 7 x64. If I stick a shortcut in the start-up folder and change the properties to "run minimized" it doesn't minimize to the tray but instead to the taskbar. So I have to click on the taskbar and press on minimize every time I reboot my system. This is a little bit annoying if you reboot often.

Thank you for your time! *Smile Change Minimize Narrator Home to Taskbar or System Tray in Windows 10 :)

Anthr4X, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Mysticode Win User
    Minimize to icon tray not working in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

Since updating to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, RealTemp is no longer minimizing to my icon tray. Is anyone else having these issues?

Thank you.

Mysticode, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Change Minimize Narrator Home to Taskbar or System Tray in Windows 10

How to recover hidden icon in System tray on Windows 10?

Hi Callum,

As you are facing issues with un-hiding the icon in System tray, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know which is the icon you have deleted from the system tray for better assistance?

I suggest you to try the below steps to add the icons to Taskbar and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on System> Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear on taskbar (to select the icons that appear on Taskbar)
      and also click on Turn system icons on or off

Hope it helps. If the issue still persists, let us know with brief description for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 27, 2019
  5. System Notification Tray Missing

No dice. It's my entire system tray that's missing, not just the icons in it.

SagaHaraldsdottir, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Notification area (system tray) icons missing, Reset did not work

Hi Kevin,

With regard to your query about the system tray, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps.

• Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled
      Notification Area and click on Customize.
    • Click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • If you'd like to always show all icons, turn the slider window to On.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Change Minimize Narrator Home to Taskbar or System Tray in Windows 10

1. Change Minimize Narrator Home to Taskbar or System Tray in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Minimize Narrator

2. Help with Taskbar/Systems Tray issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Taskbar/Systems Tray issues: I don't know how to fix this problem. I tried restarting my computer. The top half is simply cut off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-taskbarsystems-tray-issues/f6c7003c-6a57-4fa5-854f-9a1d4a6fbabe
  3. Help with Taskbar/Systems Tray issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with Taskbar/Systems Tray issues: I don't know how to fix this problem. I tried restarting my computer. The top half is simply cut off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-taskbarsystems-tray-issues/f6c7003c-6a57-4fa5-854f-9a1d4a6fbabe
  4. japanese ime not showing in taskbar or systems tray - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    japanese ime not showing in taskbar or systems tray - Windows 10: This might have happened when I moved the taskbar or the systems tray to vertical rather than horizontal. But it's back now in horizontal and even after messing with the IME settings in Language Settings, I can't get it the IME thing that lets me switche from English to...
  5. Changing System Tray Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing System Tray Icons in Windows 10: Hi, I looked around but it seems like the old tools such as CustomizerGod don't work with Windows 10 20H2 for changing system tray icons to custom ones. Anyone has any recommendation to either the way to manually swap them or a tool which does work with the latest Windows 10...
  6. System Tray visibility changes

in Windows 10 Support
    System Tray visibility changes: All the suggestions I've seen for changing the visibility of the system tray icons appear to be relevant to earlier versions of Windows 10. I'm at release 1903 on a new build and I can't find a way to make the changes I want. Right-clicking the task bar does not reveal a...
  7. Minimizing application to tray.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minimizing application to tray.: Is there any way I can make an application minimize to tray on close? I want to set this up for messages for web, so that I can close it and still get notifications. submitted by /u/mitchellhall400 [link] [comments]...
  8. Pin Task Manager to Taskbar or Start Menu; Minimize Taskbar to System Tray

in Windows 10 News
    Pin Task Manager to Taskbar or Start Menu; Minimize Taskbar to System Tray: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Task Manager is a built-in program in Windows which lets you keep a track on running processes, CPU, Memory, and other resource usage. It also offers you to remove programs from the Windows startup as well. Some pro users [...] This post Pin Task Manager...
  9. Change system tray icons in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change system tray icons in windows 10: Hi Forum Does anybody know how can I replace or change my system tray icons in windows 10 ? In Windows 7 I was able to do it but I can't find any information on the web on how to do it in windows 10. Any help? 75598
  10. Turn On or Off Show Narrator Home at Narrator Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show Narrator Home at Narrator Startup in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Show Narrator Home at Narrator Startup in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Narrator Home when Narrator Starts in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Starting with Windows 10 build 17704, when Narrator...