Windows 10: Clear Troubleshooting History in Windows 10

Discus and support Clear Troubleshooting History in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Clear Troubleshooting History in Windows 10 How to Clear Troubleshooting History in Windows 10 [img] Information If something isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Clear Troubleshooting History in Windows 10

How to: Clear Troubleshooting History in Windows 10

How to Clear Troubleshooting History in Windows 10

Clear Troubleshooting History in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information If something isn't working in Windows 10, running a troubleshooter might help. Troubleshooters can find and fix many common problems for you.

Whenever you run a troubleshooter, a history of its details is kept for you to be able to view if needed.

This tutorial will show you how to clear troubleshooting history for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] To Delete History of Specific Troubleshooters
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Troubleshooting icon.

2. Click/tap on the View history link at the top left corner in Troubleshooting. (see screenshot below)

3. If you are currently signed in as an administrator, then you can click/tap on the Include troubleshooters that were run as an administrator link if wanted. (see screenshot below)

4. Perform either action below to delete a selected troubleshooter from troubleshooting history. (see screenshots below)
    • Select a listed troubleshooter, and click/tap on Delete on the toolbar.
    • Right click or press and hold on a listed troubleshooter, and click/tap on Delete.

5. When finished deleting any other troubleshooters you want from history, you can close the History window if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Clear All Troubleshooting History
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Troubleshooting icon.

2. Click/tap on the View history link at the top left corner in Troubleshooting. (see screenshot below)

3. If you are currently signed in as an administrator, then you can click/tap on the Include troubleshooters that were run as an administrator link if wanted. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Clear history on the toolbar. (see screenshot below)

5. Troubleshooting history will now be completely cleared. (see screenshot below)

6. You can now close the History window if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 25, 2018

2. How to access and clear troubleshooting history in windows 10 1803

Hi vasunarava,

Windows 10 has a feature wherein whenever you run a troubleshooter, a history of its details is kept in case you want to view it. This would also take up some of your disk space.

Are you logged in as the administrator of the computer?

You can refer to the steps below on how you can clear/delete troubleshooter history in Windows 10:

1. On the Start menu, type Control Panel.
    2. Under View by, select Small icons from the drop-down list.

Clear Troubleshooting History in Windows 10 79255a95-a422-4595-b2e9-1b112c294ab6?upload=true.png

3. On the left pane, select View History.

Clear Troubleshooting History in Windows 10 3d76c511-33aa-4a2e-9906-b2e9d7409b53?upload=true.png

4. Click Include troubleshooter that were run as an administrator.
    5. You can delete a specific troubleshooter history but clicking it and hitting the
      Delete button. You can clear all the troubleshooting history by clicking the
      Clear history on the toolbar.

Clear Troubleshooting History in Windows 10 7a2a26c7-9d77-4286-af8c-d601f76be67f?upload=true.png

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you with more answers.

Monica Cam, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Clear Troubleshooting History Windows 10 1703

Thanks for the reply.

If trouble shooting history is not a large file or files why am I getting a notice from WIndows 10 that troubleshooting history is taking up too much space (and this wasn't fixed)?

The disk cleanup tool in Windows 10 1703 does not list any category of troubleshooting history files.

Thanks.

Foreman

Forrest Mann, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Ernie San Win User

edge clear history

We appreciate your patience. Have you tried clearing your temporary files and restart your computer? If not, we suggest the troubleshooting steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type %temp%.
    • Hit Enter.
    • Press Ctrl A, to highlight everything.
    • Hit Delete.
    Let us know the result.

Ernie San, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Clear Troubleshooting History Windows 10 1703

Keep getting an error message that Troubleshooting History is taking up too much space--not fixed

Instructions on fixing this (type troubleshooting history in start search bar) don't work.

How can troubleshooting history be accessed and cleared in Windows 10 1703?

Thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

6. Clear Troubleshooting History Windows 10 1703

I finally accessed the troubleshooting history but with a variation on the above instructions

I opened the control panel, clicked on the system and security link but then clicked on the "review your computer's status and resolve issues" instead of "troubleshoot common security problems" under the "Security and Maintenance" heading.

Clicking on the "troubleshoot common security problems" only brings up a list of troubleshooting apps without any apparent access to the troubleshooting history.

Clicking on the "review your computer's status and resolve issues" brings up a page with a "Troubleshooting" link at the bottom (not the "troubleshoot common security problems" link). Clicking on this link brings up a page with "view history" on the left
    and this link has the ability to clear history.

The instructions you sent might work for earlier than 1703 versions but they don't work for 1703. As I noted before this message and problem only started after updating to 1703.

Thema:

1. Clear Troubleshooting History in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Clear Troubleshooting History

2. Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history: In Windows 11 Enterprise Edition when going to:Win+EThree DotsOptionsTab "General"Section "Privacy"Button "Clear"The expectation is that using the Clear button will erase all File Explorer History. However when pressing the Clear button nothing is being erased and all files...
  3. Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history: In Windows 11 Enterprise Edition when going to:Win+EThree DotsOptionsTab "General"Section "Privacy"Button "Clear"The expectation is that using the Clear button will erase all File Explorer History. However when pressing the Clear button nothing is being erased and all files...
  4. clearing search history not clearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    clearing search history not clearing: I have tried the *** under history I still have search data. I have tried logging onto Microsoft to clear but the history still remains How do I clear this search history and keep it from storing?...
  5. Clear web history

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clear web history: How do I completely clear the web browsing history on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-web-history/eb2401c4-163d-44bb-9cc9-771151d26339
  6. How to access and clear troubleshooting history in windows 10 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to access and clear troubleshooting history in windows 10 1803: Keep getting an error message that "Troubleshooting History is taking up disk space" after 2018-09 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1803 Instructions on fixing this don't work. How can i access and clear troubleshooting history in windows 10 1803. Thanks in...
  7. Clear Windows Update History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Windows Update History in Windows 10: How to: Clear Windows Update History in Windows 10 How to Clear Windows Update History in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 is a service, which means that it is upgraded with periodic software updates. While you can manually metered connections (where charges...
  8. Clear File Explorer History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear File Explorer History in Windows 10: How to: Clear File Explorer and Run Dialog Box History in Windows 10 How to Clear File Explorer and Run Dialog Box History in Windows 10 Clearing File Explorer history deletes the information Windows saved about the files and folders you use as well as what you've typed...
  9. Clear Activity History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Activity History in Windows 10: How to: Clear Activity History from Cloud in Windows 10 How to Clear Your Activity History from Cloud in Windows 10 Starting with let you pick up where you left off. Your collected activity history allows you to jump back into what you were doing with apps, docs, or...
  10. Clear Reliability History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Reliability History in Windows 10: How to: Clear Reliability History in Windows 10 How to Clear Reliability History in Windows 10 Reliability Monitor is an advanced tool that provides a system stability overview and details about events that impact reliability. It calculates the Stability Index shown in...