Windows 10: Enable or Disable Online Tips and Help for Settings App in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Online Tips and Help for Settings App in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Online Tips and Help for Settings App in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Online Tips and Help for Settings App in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Online Tips and Help for Settings App in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Online Tips and Help for Settings App in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Online Tips and Help for Settings App in Windows 10

Most of the settings you'll want to change in Windows 10 are in Settings. Settings is organized into the separate System, Devices, Phone, Network & Internet, Personalization, Apps, Accounts, Time & language, Gaming, Ease of Access, Cortana, Privacy, and Update & security categories. You can click/tap on a category to view and change more settings for that category.

Some settings will have online tips and help available.

Starting with Windows 10 version 1709, you can enable or disable the retrieval of online tips and help for the Settings app.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable online tips and help for the Settings app for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable online tips and help for the Settings app

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Online Tips and Help for Settings app using Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Online Tips and Help for Settings app using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Online tips and help in Settings app

Enable or Disable Online Tips and Help for Settings App in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Online Tips and Help for Settings app using Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option TWO below.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel

3. In the right pane of Control Panel in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Allow Online Tips policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Online Tips and Help for Settings app
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured[/B] is the default setting.

6. To Disable Online Tips and Help for Settings app
    A) Select (dot) Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Online Tips and Help for Settings app using a REG file

The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

AllowOnlineTips DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    0 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Online Tips and Help for Settings app
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_online_tips_and_help_for_Settings_app.reg

Download

3. To Disable Online Tips and Help for Settings app
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_online_tips_and_help_for_Settings_app.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 11, 2016
  2. Edwin Win User
    Edwin, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. archz2 Win User

disable windows 10 tips on startup

I used this manual system of turning off tips, but still no success.

archz2, Oct 26, 2019
  5. How to disable Windows tips assistance on Windows 10?

Hi,

You may be facing the above issue due to Show me tips about Windows option enabled on the computer.

To disable Show me tips about Windows option by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved on the computer.

• Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open system
      Settings page on the computer desktop.
    • Select System and click on Notification & actions from the left side panel of the window.
    • Check if Show me tips about Windows option is enabled under
      Notifications. If yes, slide the bar to disable Show me tips about Windows option and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of tips and tricks shown on the computer desktop for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Online Tips and Help for Settings App in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Online

2. Disable Windows Button Tips

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Windows Button Tips: [ATTACH] So recently, after an update, every time I press the super button (the one with the windows logo) and don't press a hotkey fast enough, some weird overlay appears that shows me all the hotkey options. Now while this is a good feature for new, inexperienced users,...
  3. disable windows 10 tips on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    disable windows 10 tips on startup: I have Windows 1903 - 64 bit installed. Ever since the 1903 update, whenever I boot my laptop, I get the large windows box talking about various tips and what's new in windows 1903. I have disabled windows tips in the notification settings but still I get this box when I boot...
  4. Enable or Disable Presentation Settings in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Presentation Settings in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Presentation Settings in Windows How to Enable or Disable Presentation Settings in Windows When giving a presentation, you may want to turn on presentation mode. While presentation mode is turned on, your computer stays awake, system...
  5. Enable Balloon Tips in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable Balloon Tips in Windows 10?: [img] how enable old Windows 7 style Balloon Tips in Windows 10? *Eek 14502
  6. Enable or Disable Online Speech Recognition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Online Speech Recognition in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Online Speech Recognition in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Online Speech Recognition in Windows 10 When talk to Cortana and other apps that use Windows cloud-based speech recognition. Microsoft will use your voice data to help improve...
  7. Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10. Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10 Microsoft had Windows Insiders as a controlled...
  8. Enable or Disable Taskbar Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Taskbar Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Taskbar Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Taskbar Settings in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to...
  9. Enable or Disable Control Panel and Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Control Panel and Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Control Panel and Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Control Panel and Settings in Windows 10 In Windows 10, there are a few different ways to find and change your settings: app settings, and search. Most of the settings that...
  10. Enable or Disable Insider Build Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Insider Build Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Insider Build Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Insider Build Settings in Windows 10 You can get Insider Preview builds to make sure you get all the new features that are on the way and help Microsoft make it even better. This...