Windows 10: Enable or Disable Phone-PC Linking for Continue on PC in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Phone-PC Linking for Continue on PC in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Phone-PC Linking for Continue on PC in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Phone-PC Linking for Continue on PC in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Phone-PC Linking for Continue on PC in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Phone-PC Linking for Continue on PC in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Phone-PC Linking for Continue on PC in Windows 10

You know those websites, searches and articles that you pull up on your iPhone or Android phone? With the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you can now forward them to instantly open on your PC with Continue on PC in the Microsoft Edge mobile app, so you can continue what youre doing researching that project, shopping for those shoes, finishing that article with all the benefits of the bigger screen.

Starting with Windows 10 April 2018 Update version 1803, a new policy is available that allows admins to turn off the ability to Link a Phone with a PC to continue reading, emailing and other tasks that requires linking between Phone and PC.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable Phone-PC linking using the Continue on PC feature for all users on your Windows 10 PC.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable Phone-PC linking on your PC.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Phone-PC Linking for Continue on PC using Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Phone-PC Linking for Continue on PC using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android

EXAMPLE: Phone-PC linking for Continue on PC disabled

Enable or Disable Phone-PC Linking for Continue on PC in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Phone-PC Linking for Continue on PC using Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two below.
    1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Group Policy

3. In the right pane of Group Policy in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Phone-PC linking on this device policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Phone-PC Linking for Continue on PC
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Phone-PC Linking for Continue on PC
    A) Select (dot) Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, close the Local Group Policy Editor.

8. Restart the computer to apply.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Phone-PC Linking for Continue on PC using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

EnableMmx DWORD

0 = Disable
    (delete) = Enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Phone-PC Linking for Continue on PC
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Phone-PC_linking_on_this_PC.reg

Download

3. To Disable Phone-PC Linking for Continue on PC
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Phone-PC_linking_on_this_PC.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. Restart the computer to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 5, 2017
  2. SM03 Win User

Enable or Disable Phone-PC Linking for Continue on PC using Local Group Policy Editor

@Brink
    Yesterday I tried this setting bt it doesn't disable the phone to pc connection prompt in Windows OOBE

3. Brink Win User
    Enable or Disable Phone-PC Linking for Continue on PC using Local Group Policy Editor

It's only effective to disable this in Settings like below. I'm not aware of a way for OOBE.

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  5. SM03 Win User

oh OK then effective for what precisely? Also, is there any reg tweak for excluding this PC to phone linking step from the OOBE screen?

6. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Phone-PC Linking for Continue on PC in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Phone

2. Phone Linked to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Linked to PC: Hello,I received an email that I got a single-use code to my Microsoft account that I never requested. So I logged into my account and find that an unknown number is linked to my pc.Where it says “Phone Linked to PC” there is a number I have never seen before. Does that mean...
  3. Phone Linked to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Linked to PC: Hello,I received an email that I got a single-use code to my Microsoft account that I never requested. So I logged into my account and find that an unknown number is linked to my pc.Where it says “Phone Linked to PC” there is a number I have never seen before. Does that mean...
  4. Phone Link on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link on my PC: I have set up Phone Link on my PC and Link to Windows on my Android phone correctly. They both show "connected". I've been through troubleshooting and everything seems to be in order. Scenario: Suppose my Ring Doorbell rings. It shows the proper notifications in Android. Win...
  5. Linking PC and Phone Companion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linking PC and Phone Companion: I have a Galaxy J2...everything works fine in linking, the audio player, pics, contacts except the dialing pad. it keeps asking for me to setup, then stops and ask to wait and try again...
  6. Linking PC and Phone Companion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linking PC and Phone Companion: I have a Galaxy J2...everything works fine in linking, the audio player, pics, contacts except the dialing pad. it keeps asking for me to setup, then stops and ask to wait and try again...
  7. Enable or Disable Your Phone Accessibility service with Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Your Phone Accessibility service with Windows 10 PC: [img] You can tap into the power of Your Phone app with Link to Windows integration on select Samsung devices to instantly access your Android phone’s mobile apps directly from your Windows 10 PC. Apps replaced the phone screen option in the left pane of the Your...
  8. link phone to pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    link phone to pc: on pc showing some setting hidden or managed by organiza tion of how to link phone to pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/link-phone-to-pc/d9b54741-4343-43f7-8a11-420c45973154
  9. Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC: How to: Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC How to Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC Linking your iPhone or Android phone to your PC lets you switch seamlessly between your phone and PC. Start a task on one of your devices and continue it on another. You can text...
  10. Enable or Disable Projecting to this PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Projecting to this PC in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Projecting to this PC in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Projecting to this PC in Windows 10 The Projecting to this PC feature uses the Connect app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows Phone, another PC, or Android devices to the...