Windows 10: Enable or Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings in Sync Your Settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by cfourkays, Jun 11, 2017.

1. cfourkays Win User

Enable or Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings in Sync Your Settings on a Windows 10 PC

When Microsoft account.

Notes
    • Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school account linked to your Microsoft account.
    • If Sync settings isn't available on your device, your organization might not allow it.
    The settings you choose to sync are also saved in OneDrive (cloud).

You can choose to sync your theme, passwords, language preferences, Ease of Access, and Other Windows settings settings. If you turn on Other Windows settings, Windows syncs some device settings (for things like printers and mouse options), File Explorer settings, and notification preferences. For a complete list of settings that Windows can sync, see Windows 10 roaming settings reference.
    • Theme - desktop background, user tile, taskbar position, etc.
    • Passwords - Windows credential manager, including Wi-Fi profiles
    • Language Preferences - spelling dictionary, system language settings
    • Ease of Access - Narrator, On-screen keyboard, Magnifier
    • Other Windows Settings - see Windows Settings details
    This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable syncing Other Windows settings on the Sync your settings page in Settings for all users in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Other Windows Settings disabled in "Sync your settings"

Enable or Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option TWO below.
    1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Sync your settings

3. In the right pane of Sync your settings in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Do not sync other Windows settings policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Syncing Other Windows Settings
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD values in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync

DisableWindowsSettingSync DWORD

2 = disable
    delete = enable

DisableWindowsSettingSyncUserOverride DWORD

1 = disable
    delete = enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Syncing Other Windows Settings
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_sync_other_Windows_settings.reg

Download

3. To Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_sync_other_Windows_settings.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

cfourkays, Jun 11, 2017
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Oct 27, 2019
  4. xkm1948 Win User

PSA Windows 10 + Adaptive Voltage/Offset voltage and you

I have speed step and all the other power saving option enabled.

So now after setting the system power profile, disable fast boot in uefi, disable hybrid sleep in windows 10 my system has been BSOD free.

xkm1948, Oct 27, 2019
  5. The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

For those who just need to enable Dolby Digital Live 5.1 for your realtek sound card here is complete manual. Works for me in Win 10 Creators update (1703). Easy installation if you do not need these Dolby things just allow DDL 5.1

Here is the post #27
    https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...by-digital-live-dts-interactive.228612/page-2
    and here is the link for Realtek R2.80 driver doownload (can not be found on Realtek official site)
    MEGA

You also need to enable Test mode before installation of the driver.

Enable Test mode:

Step 1. Open the Windows command promt as "Run as Administrator".

Step 2. Run "bcdedit -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" (without the "").

Step 3. To finalize the process run "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON" (without the "").

Step 4. Reboot and you're done.

To disable it do step 1 and run these commands on step 2 and 3:

Step 2. "bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" (without the "")

Step 3. "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF" (without the "")

Then do step 4 and you're done.

Then you can continue to installation of the driver.

I hope I helped you, if any questions, ask here I'll try to answer you if I'll be able.

dargissimo, Oct 27, 2019
  6. erocker Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Any Windows update breaks my Creative sound drivers. Best way for me is to disable it via group policy:

• Go to Run –> gpedit.msc
    • In the Group Policy Editor, go to Computer Configuration –> Administrative Templates –> System –> Device Installation –> Device Installation Restrictions
    • In the right hand pane, select “Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings” and set it to Enabled.
    Once that's done, uninstall the driver Windows put in there and install the correct one.

erocker, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Syncing

2. Enable Sync Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable Sync Settings: my Sync Settings options on my laptop say that it is not available for my account. it says contact your system administrator to resolve it. What does this mean and who would be my system administrator?...
  3. Sync "Other Windows settings"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sync "Other Windows settings": Is there a detailed list of what is lumped under "Other Windows settings"? In particular, I would like to know if it stores changes made to the registry to hide certain "standard" directories/folders in File Explorer. But in general, it would be nice to have a list to...
  4. Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings: How to: Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings How to Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Sync Your Settings on a Windows 10 PC When Microsoft account. Notes Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school account linked to...
  5. Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings: How to: Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings How to Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Sync Your Settings on a Windows 10 PC When Microsoft account. Notes Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school account...
  6. Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows How to Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows To save your info to your Google Account, you would sign in to Google Chrome and turn on sync. What happens when you sync: You can see and update...
  7. Enable or Disable Sync Microsoft Edge Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sync Microsoft Edge Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Sync Microsoft Edge Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Sync Microsoft Edge Settings in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...
  8. Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10. Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10 Microsoft had Windows Insiders as a controlled...
  9. Enable or Disable Taskbar Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Taskbar Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Taskbar Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Taskbar Settings in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to...
  10. Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10 When Microsoft account. Notes Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school account linked to your Microsoft account. If Sync...