Windows 10: Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings

Discus and support Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings How to Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Sync Your Settings on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by ratedx, Apr 12, 2017.

1. ratedx Win User

Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings

How to: Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings

How to Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Sync Your Settings on a Windows 10 PC

When Microsoft account.

Notes
    • Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school account linked to your Microsoft account.
    • If Sync settings isn't available on your device, your organization might not allow it.
    The settings you choose to sync are also saved in OneDrive (cloud).

You can choose to sync your theme, passwords, language preferences, Ease of Access, and Other Windows settings settings. If you turn on Other Windows settings, Windows syncs some device settings (for things like printers and mouse options), File Explorer settings, and notification preferences. For a complete list of settings that Windows can sync, see Windows 10 roaming settings reference.
    • Theme - desktop background, user tile, taskbar position, etc.
    • Passwords - Windows credential manager, including Wi-Fi profiles
    • Language Preferences - spelling dictionary, system language settings
    • Ease of Access - Narrator, On-screen keyboard, Magnifier
    • Other Windows Settings - see Windows Settings details
    This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable syncing passwords on the Sync your settings page in Settings for all users in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Passwords disabled in "Sync your settings"

Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option TWO below.
    1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Sync your settings

3. In the right pane of Sync your settings in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Do not sync passwords policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Syncing Passwords
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Syncing Passwords
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD values in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync

DisableCredentialsSettingSync DWORD

2 = disable
    delete = enable

DisableCredentialsSettingSyncUserOverride DWORD

1 = disable
    delete = enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Syncing Passwords
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_sync_passwords.reg

Download

3. To Disable Syncing Passwords
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_sync_passwords.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

ratedx, Apr 12, 2017
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    How to preserve Edge Passwords prior to reformat and clean install?

If you are not already using it to sign in to Windows, switch to a Microsoft account (tutorial).

Final step is to check that sync is turned on in Edge (tutorial).

That's it. All Edge favorites, stored passwords, reading list and so on will be synced to your Microsoft account, and as soon as you sign in to any other Windows 10 device or your old machine after clean install and turn on syncing in Windows Settings and Edge, everything will be there.

4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Email folders won't sync

Hi,

I suggest you to disable and re-enable the sync toggle under Sync Options and check if it helps.

To disable and re-enable the sync toggle under Sync Options please follow the steps below:

• Go to Windows 10 Mail app.

• Click on settings (Gear icon).

• Go to Manage Accounts.

• Click on the account you are facing issue with.

• Go to Change mailbox sync settings.

• Under Sync Options off and on all the toggles.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Oct 27, 2019
  5. dalchina Win User
    Sync favorites between PCs using the same Windows login?

The Tutorial section here includes the following which may help, depending on which browser you are using of course.

Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10 Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Sync Settings for Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Sync Favorites and Reading List in Microsoft Edge Windows 10 Browsers Email Tutorials

Feel free to search for more here:
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index Windows 10 Tutorials

(Use the search box in your browser to search the list - e.g. F3 or CTRL F)

dalchina, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Edwin Win User
    Enable or Disable SMS Sync with Skype in Windows 10 PC and Mobile

New Skype Preview is supposed to have some Android sync thing but doesn't work! *Sad

Edwin, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Syncing

2. sync your setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sync your setting: hi , i would like to ask you , why i cannot turn on my sync setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-your-setting/7cc59b12-3982-4d86-ae79-207c3373daeb
  3. sync your setting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    sync your setting: hi , i would like to ask you , why i cannot turn on my sync setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-your-setting/7cc59b12-3982-4d86-ae79-207c3373daeb
  4. Enable Sync Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable Sync Settings: my Sync Settings options on my laptop say that it is not available for my account. it says contact your system administrator to resolve it. What does this mean and who would be my system administrator?...
  5. Sync your settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync your settings: Have bought a new Desktop and when I try to Sync with my other devices I get the message ' Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation' how do I change this to be able to Sync me settings. I have been told it was due to a Windows update, but my other computer...
  6. 'Sync your settings'

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    'Sync your settings': I am unable to sync my desktop and laptop. My desktop reads, "Some features are only available if you are using a Microsoft account or work account" and 'Sync settings' is off and greyed out. My laptop has 'sync settings' on. Both devices are set up the same way and I have...
  7. Enable or Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings in Sync Your Settings on a Windows 10 PC When Microsoft account. Notes Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school...
  8. Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings: How to: Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings How to Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Sync Your Settings on a Windows 10 PC When Microsoft account. Notes Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school account linked to...
  9. Enable or Disable Sync Microsoft Edge Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sync Microsoft Edge Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Sync Microsoft Edge Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Sync Microsoft Edge Settings in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...
  10. Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10 When Microsoft account. Notes Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school account linked to your Microsoft account. If Sync...