Windows 10: Disable Sync Your Settings on Metered Connections in Windows 10

Discus and support Disable Sync Your Settings on Metered Connections in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Disable Sync Your Settings on Metered Connections in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings on Metered Connections in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by WhyMyMacJust, May 15, 2017.

1. Disable Sync Your Settings on Metered Connections in Windows 10

How to: Disable Sync Your Settings on Metered Connections in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings on Metered Connections in Windows 10

A Ethernet network connections can be set to metered but aren't by default.

When Microsoft account.

Notes
    • Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school account linked to your Microsoft account.
    • If Sync settings isn't available on your device, your organization might not allow it.
    The settings you choose to sync are also saved in OneDrive (cloud).

You can choose to sync your theme, passwords, language preferences, Ease of Access, and Other Windows settings settings. If you turn on Other Windows settings, Windows syncs some device settings (for things like printers and mouse options), File Explorer settings, and notification preferences. For a complete list of settings that Windows can sync, see Windows 10 roaming settings reference.
    • Theme - desktop background, user tile, taskbar position, etc.
    • Passwords - Windows credential manager, including Wi-Fi profiles
    • Language Preferences - spelling dictionary, system language settings
    • Ease of Access - Narrator, On-screen keyboard, Magnifier
    • Other Windows Settings - see Windows Settings details
    This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable syncing Sync your settings when on metered connections for all users in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings on Metered Connections in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings on Metered Connections using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Sync your settings

Disable Sync Your Settings on Metered Connections in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings on Metered Connections in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option TWO below.
    1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Sync your settings

3. In the right pane of Sync your settings in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Do not sync on metered connections policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Sync Your Settings on Metered Connections
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Sync Your Settings on Metered Connections
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings on Metered Connections using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync

DisableSyncOnPaidNetwork DWORD

delete = enable
    1 = disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Sync Your Settings on Metered Connections
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Sync_your_settings_on_metered_connections.reg

Download

3. To Disable Sync Your Settings on Metered Connections
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Sync_your_settings_on_metered_connections.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

WhyMyMacJust, May 15, 2017
  2. EdTittel Win User

Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?

Please permit me to respectfully disagree, battlezone. Not only is it possible to do this, TenForums offers a tutorial that explains exactly how, step-by-step: Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10. Do please check it out, won't you?
    Thanks,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 27, 2019
  3. javadth1 Win User
    set metered connection is not activate

hi

i want to enable metered connection in ethernet

and i have this error http://uupload.ir/files/vie3_ad63ad.jpg

in this steps

4. step 3)

5. step 3)

6. step 3)

javadth1, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Disable Sync Your Settings on Metered Connections in Windows 10

Set Wireless Network as Metered or Non-Metered in Windows 10  

I found that after selecting wifi it shows a list of available connections and under need to select advanced settings and the metered selection is located their. and is not as the above tutorial.

peter prewett, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Unable to set metered connection in Windows 10.

Original Title: set metered connection

I can't set my PC to metered connection - and I just got a bill for $240

thanks to Windows 10's forced update no choice policy.

I have a Verizon modem which I plug in the USB slot.When I follow the steps below, after Advanced options, I see

Manufacturer blah blah

Description blah blah

etc.

Under Ethernet it says "Ethernet 2 - connected"

The steps below do not work on my Windows 10 PC

Open your Start menu and select Settings to launch it.

Click or tap the “Network & Internet” icon, select “Wi-Fi,” and select “Advanced options” at the bottom of the list of nearby Wi-Fi networks.

Activate the “Set as metered connection” option here.Sep 3, 2015

DuaneMeeter, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Metered connections in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Let's try the steps below and check if you are able to set the metered connection.

To set a Wi-Fi network connection as metered:

• Press Windows + I key on the keyboard.
    • Click on network tab.
    • Under network select WiFi > Advanced options >
      Set as metered connection.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any further assistance with Windows 10.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Disable Sync Your Settings on Metered Connections in Windows 10

1. Disable Sync Your Settings on Metered Connections in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disable Sync Settings

2. Unable to set connection as "metered"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to set connection as "metered": Problem: I connect to a WiFi network, then I open connection settings and set the connection to metered. When I go back to connection settings, the metered connection toggle switch is in "off state". The problem isn't specific to a connection, I've tried on multiple...
  3. Set as Metered account disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set as Metered account disabled: After upgrade "Set as a metered account" and certain "Local Services" are disabled. Is there a fix? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-as-metered-account-disabled/82b0bfa1-bf19-4f4c-87ec-1b6be40b51f9
  4. Windows 10 Metered Connection settings

Windows 10 Metered Connection settings: 1. Metered Connection is Enabled / Disabled individually per WiFi or Ethernet network through Settings > Network & Internet > WiFi (left panel) > WiFi adapters connected to the PC appears on the right panel > Under WiFi adapter (ON) > Manage known networks > click on the WiFi...
  5. Windows 10 Settings/Sync Your Settings

Windows 10 Settings/Sync Your Settings: Anyone any theory on why on both my Surface Pro 4 & Surface Laptop 2 the "Sync Your Settings" is set at "off" and greyed out with a red message at the top saying "Sync is not available for your account. Contact your administrator to resolve this". I only noticed this when I...
  6. Set Win 10 connection as a metered connection

Set Win 10 connection as a metered connection: My LAN is connected via router to a metered NBN connection. I do NOT want to connect to the router via WiFi. So how do I set WIN 10 to accept the LAN connection as a metered connection? OS Win 10 home. Thanks in advance Bill...
  7. Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings: How to: Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings How to Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Sync Your Settings on a Windows 10 PC When Microsoft account. Notes Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school account linked to...
  8. Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings: How to: Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings How to Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Sync Your Settings on a Windows 10 PC When Microsoft account. Notes Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school account...
  9. set metered connection is not activate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    set metered connection is not activate: hi i am trying to active set metered connection in my setting , when i active it and leave setting and return it switched to OFF again i tried this way " netsh wlan set profileparameter name=dlink_DWR-932_6789 cost=fixed " and it shows " Profile "dlink_DWR-932_6789"...
  10. Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10 When Microsoft account. Notes Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school account linked to your Microsoft account. If Sync...