Windows 10: How to Set App and Game Limits for Microsoft Family Child Member

Discus and support How to Set App and Game Limits for Microsoft Family Child Member in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: How to Set App and Game Limits for Microsoft Family Child Member How to Set App and Game Limits for Microsoft Family Child on Windows 10, Xbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

How to Set App and Game Limits for Microsoft Family Child Member

How to: How to Set App and Game Limits for Microsoft Family Child Member

How to Set App and Game Limits for Microsoft Family Child on Windows 10, Xbox One, and Android

A child's location, limit which websites and games they can access, and require your approval to purchase from the Microsoft Store.

Once you set up your family group, you can add or remove child and adult members.

If your child is spending too much time on certain apps, you can set limits on the apps to help them achieve a healthy balance. App limits are available on Windows 10 and Xbox One devices, along with Android devices with Microsoft Launcher installed. Once you set a limit on an app, that limit will work across all of their devices. (For example, if you give them three hours on YouTube, they can spend a total of three hours on Windows 10, Xbox One, and Android.)

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to turn on an manage app and game limits for a child member in your Microsoft Family group on their Windows 10, Xbox One, and Android devices.

EXAMPLE: Set App and Game Limits on Windows 10 and Xbox One

Here's How:

1 Do step 2 or step 3 below for how you would like to manage your family settings online.

2 As an adult in the family group, go to the Microsoft Family website, sign in with your Microsoft account if not already, and go to step 4 below.

3 Open Settings in Windows 10, click/tap on the Accounts icon, click/tap on Family & other users on the left side, click/tap on the Manage family settings online link, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

How to Set App and Game Limits for Microsoft Family Child Member [​IMG]

4 Click/tap on the App and game limits link for the child member you want to manage. (see screenshot below)

5 Turn on or off (default) App and game limits for what you want for this child. (see screenshot below)

You will need to turn on activity reporting for this child to be able to turn on the App and game limits setting.

6 (If turned on) Under Installed apps, find and turn on the app(s) you want to set limits on. If youve never set limits, itll show how often they use the app or game on average. (see screenshot below step 7)

7 (If turned on) Set how much time your child is allowed to spend on an app or game each day, and when theyre allowed to use it.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 28, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Family Settings - Manage for Child in Windows 10

UPDATE: Email from Microsoft.

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    New App and Game Limits for Family Settings on Windows 10 and Xbox One

Source: New app and game limits empower parents with more specific settings | Windows Experience Blog

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

New App and Game Limits for Family Settings on Windows 10 and Xbox One

Source: Introducing App and Game Limits for Family Settings - Xbox Wire

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Microsoft Family Should have more than child and adult family members...

Has anyone noticed that when adding someone to the Microsoft family there is only adult and child as a selection... Wouldnt it make sense for there to also be a teenage selection for those parents who want their teens to have
    control of their own settings but still be able to monitor their activity (without the teens needing the parents account info)...

I would make sense and could even be set to switch over from child to teen when the child hits a certain age...the parent could even pick the age...

Why not add it...it would be useful to quite a few people and it just makes sense to have a teen family member option

Ideas and things to take into consideration for a teenager family member option:

• Giving the teen a sense of responsibility by:
      • Allowing control over some settings
      • Option to give a money spending limit or making them able to save the money given to them over certain periods of time in order to buy something
      • ect.
    • Addition of a rating limit and automatically asking the parents for permission to buy or watch something that is over the rating limit.
    • ect.

This is just an idea I thought of...

If you have any support or aditional idea's for a teen family member option comment them below cause i wanna see if anyone else has ideas that would work with this...

KaylaTallowin, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Windows 10 can't connect to Microsoft family

A Microsoft account is required to use the Microsoft family features. With this, you can add members to your Microsoft family and set the right limits for your child. A parent can manage settings for a child if both of their Microsoft accounts
    are in the same family. To learn more, we suggest that you check the following links:

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. How to Set App and Game Limits for Microsoft Family Child Member - Similar Threads - Set App Game

2. Family safety app how to have my child become a member and not administrator?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Family safety app how to have my child become a member and not administrator?: Family Safety app: cant change the administrator status of child into member, whatnot do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-app-how-to-have-my-child-become-a/35653547-0e68-4058-9022-5e681856f7a8
  3. Family safety app how to have my child become a member and not administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety app how to have my child become a member and not administrator?: Family Safety app: cant change the administrator status of child into member, whatnot do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-app-how-to-have-my-child-become-a/35653547-0e68-4058-9022-5e681856f7a8
  4. Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?: Hi there,So I've added my wife as a family member so she can use my pc, but since she is not that computer literate I've added her as a member and not as orginiser. By doing that, she has received the email saying that I would like her to join my family as a child. After you...
  5. Microsoft family Apps and game limits don't work

Microsoft family Apps and game limits don't work: I have blocked every single game and app for my child and it seems it doesn't work. I have also blocked Microsoft store and for some reason my child can install games every time. I get the notifications to allow my child to play the games and I deny all of them. My child...
  6. "App and Game Limits" not recognizing apps to limit in MS Family

"App and Game Limits" not recognizing apps to limit in MS Family: I want to use Microsoft Family to limit kids' ability to pay a specific game Kerbal Space Program to no more than X hours per day, on just a single Windows 10, brand new Acer laptop. No other devices at issue or being used with these accounts. But when I go to "App and...
  7. App and game limits - Microsoft Family

App and game limits - Microsoft Family: Suddenly my daughter gets messages she has to ask a parent for more time to use Chrome. App and game limits in Family is OFF and grayed out, I have never set any restrictions. How can this be fixed?...
  8. Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member: How to: Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member How to Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member on Windows 10, Xbox One, and Android Devices A child's location, limit which websites and games they can access, and require your approval...
  9. Manage Screen Time for Devices of Microsoft Family Child Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage Screen Time for Devices of Microsoft Family Child Member: How to: Manage Screen Time for Devices of Microsoft Family Child Member How to Manage Screen Time for Windows 10 and Xbox One Devices of Microsoft Family Child Member One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to...
  10. Set Apps, Games and Media Content Restrictions of Child Family Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Apps, Games and Media Content Restrictions of Child Family Member: How to: Set Apps, Games and Media Content Restrictions of Child Family Member How to Manage Apps, Games and Media Content Restrictions of Child Member in Microsoft Family Group A child's location, limit which websites and games they can access, and require your approval...