Windows 10: Mark OneDrive Files as Always keep on this device in Windows 10

Discus and support Mark OneDrive Files as Always keep on this device in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Mark OneDrive Files as Always keep on this device in Windows 10 Mark OneDrive Files as Always keep on this device for Offline Use in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Mark OneDrive Files as Always keep on this device in Windows 10

How to: Mark OneDrive Files as Always keep on this device in Windows 10

Mark OneDrive Files as Always keep on this device for Offline Use in Windows 10

Mark OneDrive Files as Always keep on this device in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information At Build 2017, Joe Belfiore announced that the new OneDrive Files On-Demand feature will be delivered with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.

OneDrive Files On-Demand is rolling out to Fast ring who are on Windows 10 build 16215. The updated OneDrive client will be rolling out over the next few days but can also be installed from here.

With Files On-Demand turned on, you can access all your files in the cloud without having to download them and use storage space on your device. All your files—even online-only files—can be seen in File Explorer and work just like every other file on your device. You’ll be able to open online-only files from within any desktop or Windows Store apps using the Windows file picker. And you’re covered in both your home and professional life since it works with your personal and work OneDrive, as well as your SharePoint Online team sites.

Your files will have these statuses in File Explorer:

Online-only files don’t take up space on your computer. You see a cloud icon for each online-only file in File Explorer, but the file doesn’t download to your device until you open it. You can’t open online-only files when your device isn’t connected to the Internet.

When you open an online-only file, it downloads to your device and becomes a locally available file. You can open a locally available file anytime, even without Internet access. If you need more space, you can change the file back to online. Just right-click the file and select Free up space.

Only files that you mark as Always keep on this device have the green circle with the white check mark. These files download to your device and take up space, but they’re always there for you even when you’re offline.

For more information about OneDrive Files On-Demand, see:
    This tutorial will show you how to mark or unmark a OneDrive file or folder for offline use or as online-only using Always keep on this device for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Mark OneDrive File(s) or Folder(s) as "Always keep on this device" for Offline Use
    • Option Two: To Unmark OneDrive File(s) or Folder(s) as "Always keep on this device" for Online-only Use

OPTION ONE [/i] To Mark OneDrive File(s) or Folder(s) as "Always keep on this device" for Offline Use
    1. Open your OneDrive folder on the PC. (see screenshot below)

2. Select one or more files and/or folders with a "online only" or "locally available" status you want to mark as "Always keep on this device".

Tip If you would like to change all of your OneDrive files to "Always keep on this device" all at once, you could right click on the OneDrive folder in the navigation pane of File Explorer, and click/tap on Always keep on this device.

3. Right click or press and hold on the selected item(s), and click/tap on Always keep on this device to have it checked afterwards.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Unmark OneDrive File(s) or Folder(s) as "Always keep on this device" for Online-only Use
    1. Open your OneDrive folder on the PC. (see screenshot below)

2. Select one or more files and/or folders with a "Always keep on this device" status you want to unmark as "Always keep on this device".

3. Right click or press and hold on the selected item(s), and click/tap on Always keep on this device to have it unchecked afterwards.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 21, 2017
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Easo Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Can we have rant-less version, please?

5. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Mark OneDrive Files as Always keep on this device in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mark OneDrive Files

2. Slowness in setting up "Always keep on this device" OneDrive on new Windows 11 computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slowness in setting up "Always keep on this device" OneDrive on new Windows 11 computer: With my new Windows computer, I selected "Always keep on this device" for all of my Documents files to have the OneDrive files always available on my computer like if I am offline, just as I did for my old computer.However, it seems very slow or fully stopped to get the files...
  3. Slowness in setting up "Always keep on this device" OneDrive on new Windows 11 computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slowness in setting up "Always keep on this device" OneDrive on new Windows 11 computer: With my new Windows computer, I selected "Always keep on this device" for all of my Documents files to have the OneDrive files always available on my computer like if I am offline, just as I did for my old computer.However, it seems very slow or fully stopped to get the files...
  4. Does the "always keep on this device" option for folders and files in File Explorer, on...

Does the "always keep on this device" option for folders and files in File Explorer, on...: Hello,On Windows 10, when you right-click any folder or file inside your File Explorer, you see the option "always keep on this device". That is at least the case for me if I were to right-click any folder or file, inside File Explorer.Does selecting "always keep on this...
  5. Does the "always keep on this device" option for folders and files in File Explorer, on...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does the "always keep on this device" option for folders and files in File Explorer, on...: Hello,On Windows 10, when you right-click any folder or file inside your File Explorer, you see the option "always keep on this device". That is at least the case for me if I were to right-click any folder or file, inside File Explorer.Does selecting "always keep on this...
  6. Does the "always keep on this device" option for folders and files in File Explorer, on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Why does Microsoft Cloud synch files marked "keep on this device"?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Microsoft Cloud synch files marked "keep on this device"?: Nothing Microsoft Support helps with this.Why does that stupid cloud app synch files marked to not synch? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-microsoft-cloud-synch-files-marked-keep/cd105f92-08cc-4a67-bde9-91fb052ce955
  8. OneDrive is always moving files!

OneDrive is always moving files!: Why cant I control what One Drive is constantly sending back and forth in download or uploads. I try to pause, I "stop" it, and done everything but force remove the application. As soon as I boot my desktop it starts syncing I suppose. I can never get access to my files...
  9. Onedrive setting for Pictures folder changes to 'always keep on this device' at random

Onedrive setting for Pictures folder changes to 'always keep on this device' at random: I've used Onedrive for many years to store my pictures in the cloud, while allowing access through a quick download when I want to see a particular picture. For the last several months, Onedrive it eternally trying to download every picture to my various laptops. All of...
  10. Can I tell if someone else has a file set to "always keep on this device" in OneDrive or...

Can I tell if someone else has a file set to "always keep on this device" in OneDrive or...: Let's say User A has synced a SharePoint Online document library using OneDrive Files On Demand, and has set a file to 'always keep on this device'. Is there any way for User B to see that User A has done this? Is there any way to automatically check out a file if someone...