Windows 10: My synced theme is lost after factory reset

Discus and support My synced theme is lost after factory reset in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I've done full factory reset (complete with hard disk wipe) and now my synced theme is lost. I've set up to synced backed up theme and now it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marek Poláček, Oct 31, 2019.

1. My synced theme is lost after factory reset

Hi. I've done full factory reset (complete with hard disk wipe) and now my synced theme is lost. I've set up to synced backed up theme and now it doesn't work. All I have is default theme by Acer and couple default themes of Windows 10. My custom downloaded wallpapers are gone. Can I recover them back?

My synced theme is lost after factory reset 60999065-d32a-491c-a8f2-0e62949b5fc2?upload=true.jpg

My synced theme is lost after factory reset 4f805e47-98d7-455e-8f25-e8bcda52d694?upload=true.jpg

:)

Marek Poláček, Oct 31, 2019
  2. Cliff S Win User

Synced Theme

Try this:

1. Make sure you have all Integration Services for your Win10 VM turned on.
    2. Turn off theme syncing in the VM.
    3. On the host, save the theme for sharing.
    4. Drag & drop the theme to your VM desktop and click & install it.
    5. Now see if there are any differences.
    6. If there are still, it has to do with the virtual hardware.

Cliff S, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Local Group Policy Editor

How to Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Sync Your Settings on a Windows 10 PC

When Microsoft account.

Notes
    • Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school account linked to your Microsoft account.
    • If Sync settings isn't available on your device, your organization might not allow it.
    The settings you choose to sync are also saved in OneDrive (cloud).

You can choose to sync your theme, passwords, language preferences, Ease of Access, and Other Windows settings settings. If you turn on Other Windows settings, Windows syncs some device settings (for things like printers and mouse options), File Explorer settings, and notification preferences. For a complete list of settings that Windows can sync, see Windows 10 roaming settings reference.
    • Theme - desktop background, user tile, taskbar position, etc.
    • Passwords - Windows credential manager, including Wi-Fi profiles
    • Language Preferences - spelling dictionary, system language settings
    • Ease of Access - Narrator, On-screen keyboard, Magnifier
    • Other Windows Settings - see Windows Settings details
    This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable syncing theme on the Sync your settings page in Settings for all users in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Syncing Theme using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Theme disabled in "Sync your settings"

My synced theme is lost after factory reset [​IMG]

OPTION ONE
    Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option TWO below.
    1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Sync your settings

3. In the right pane of Sync your settings in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Do not sync personalize policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Syncing Theme
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Syncing Theme
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO
    Enable or Disable Syncing Theme using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD values in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync

DisablePersonalizationSettingSync DWORD

2 = disable
    delete = enable

DisablePersonalizationSettingSyncUserOverride DWORD

1 = disable
    delete = enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Syncing Theme
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_sync_theme.reg

3. To Disable Syncing Theme
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_sync_theme.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 31, 2019
  4. swat354 Win User

My synced theme is lost after factory reset

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

My synced theme is lost after factory reset

1. My synced theme is lost after factory reset - Similar Threads - synced theme lost

2. lost my windows 10 after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost my windows 10 after factory reset: I recently did a factor y reset on my desktop and it reverted all the way back to windows7 and now I can’t get back to windows 10 cause I have no knowledge of what the key was and it tells me I can’t update to windows ten without the key. After trying many times to reset when...
  3. lost my windows 10 after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost my windows 10 after factory reset: I recently did a factor y reset on my desktop and it reverted all the way back to windows7 and now I can’t get back to windows 10 cause I have no knowledge of what the key was and it tells me I can’t update to windows ten without the key. After trying many times to reset when...
  4. Lost windows 10 after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost windows 10 after factory reset.: I have a pavilion all in one computer. Before the holidays last year this computer did a windows 10 update. This update caused all types of problems. I got online and found there were alot of people having the same issue. They were all saying that they did a "uninstall latest...
  5. Lost windows 10 after factory reset.

Lost windows 10 after factory reset.: I have a pavilion all in one computer. Before the holidays last year this computer did a windows 10 update. This update caused all types of problems. I got online and found there were alot of people having the same issue. They were all saying that they did a "uninstall latest...
  6. Lost windows 10 after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Syncing themes

Syncing themes: I have been able to sync my clipboard to 2 devices but I unable to sync themes like background colours. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-themes/b9a4f6e8-94eb-4d3c-a3f9-598a1cd33da5
  8. Lost my Microsoft 365 in a Factory Reset

Lost my Microsoft 365 in a Factory Reset: How to reinstall my Microsof 365 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-microsoft-365-in-a-factory-reset/e0292b1b-64e9-4f7f-9624-1136c15b26c8
  9. Lost windows 10 after factory reset

Lost windows 10 after factory reset: Hi I have a Dell laptop with Windows 8 originally installed. I had installed windows 10 on it. After I factory reset with windows, 10 installed it turned back on and got back windows 8.1 So is it possible to get windows 10 back? I tried installing again using...
  10. Synced Theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Synced Theme: Have created a background, set a specific color to the taskbar, etc. When I check Windows 10 in VMware(!) (Control Panel->Appearance and Personalization->Personalization) I noticed a Synchronized Theme. The background indeed is the same as on my host-pc, however the...