Windows 10: Remove 'Enable adaptive brightness' from Power Options in Windows

Discus and support Remove 'Enable adaptive brightness' from Power Options in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Remove 'Enable adaptive brightness' from Power Options in Windows Add or Remove 'Enable adaptive brightness' from Power Options in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Remove 'Enable adaptive brightness' from Power Options in Windows

How to: Remove 'Enable adaptive brightness' from Power Options in Windows

Add or Remove 'Enable adaptive brightness' from Power Options in Windows

Displays (especially on laptops and tablets) may utilize ambient light sensors to detect surrounding levels of light.

The Power Options allows users to turn on or off having Windows monitor ambient light sensors to detect changes in ambient light and automatically adjust the display brightness as needed to match surrounding lighting conditions.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Enable adaptive brightness setting under Display in Power Options for all users in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add or remove this setting in Power Options.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Add or Remove "Enable adaptive brightness" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    • Option Two: Add or Remove "Enable adaptive brightness" in Power Options using REG file

EXAMPLE: "Enable adaptive brightness" in Power Options

Remove 'Enable adaptive brightness' from Power Options in Windows [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Add or Remove "Enable adaptive brightness" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Type the command below you want to use into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter.
    (Add - default)
    powercfg -attributes SUB_VIDEO FBD9AA66-9553-4097-BA44-ED6E9D65EAB8 -ATTRIB_HIDE

OR

(Remove)
    powercfg -attributes SUB_VIDEO FBD9AA66-9553-4097-BA44-ED6E9D65EAB8 +ATTRIB_HIDE
    3. You can now close the elevated command prompt if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Add or Remove "Enable adaptive brightness" in Power Options using REG file

*note The downloaded .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99\FBD9AA66-9553-4097-BA44-ED6E9D65EAB8

Attributes DWORD

1 = Remove
    2 = Add

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Enable adaptive brightness" to Power Options
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Enable_adaptive_brightness_to_Power_Options.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Enable adaptive brightness" from Power Options
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Enable_adaptive_brightness_from_Power_Options.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jan 14, 2017
  2. daniel1 Win User

No options to turn OFF adaptive brightness / no power slider

Hello everyone!

I'm stuck with a very weird problem I can't solve. I'm not a full-on reading binary style tech person but I'm using computers (and fix their problems) since forever and never ran against a wall like this:

My Dell M3800 laptop turned on the adaptive brightness feature again that I disabled almost three years ago. Now it's pretty much useless in dim environments because the screen gets so dark. Also every option windows normally has to switch it off is gone. Not greyed out, it's just not there (Both in the legacy power options and in te new UI).

Around the same time it happend that windows decided to get rid of the old power profiles and instead only show the "balanced" one that comes with the power options slider when you click on the battery icon in the tray. I had that briefly and then the slider disappeard along with the option of turning adaptive brightness OFF.

This makes me MAD.
    • I deleted and restored the default power plans in several ways
    • I changed all (all I found, though) corresponding registry entries to disable adaptive brightness
    • I checked the registry for the the option to show the switching-option being ENABLED
    • I even stopped the windows service for the ambient light sensor

No change. Any Wizards around? *Shock

Daniel

daniel1, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Adaptive brightness automatically enables

Thanks for your reply but I already have stated that "One thing that I noticed is that after every startup adaptive brightness settings automatically enables (I tried to change it through advanced
    power option and also from services using services.msc in the run)".

Kindly let me know why it automatically enables after every reboot and how to resolve this issue.

AbdullahIrfan, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Remove 'Enable adaptive brightness' from Power Options in Windows

Restart/reboot resets brightness from 100% down to 50%

Hi Gort.

I read somewhere where adaptive brightness is turn on by default.

You may wish to research further to see if this maybe your issue.

If this is the case

Enable or Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10

and then this tutorial if adaptive brightness does not show in Advance Power Mgmt.

I've seen some fixes mentioned in those "All the fixes Articles" that suggests reload your manufacture display driver.

Just some ideas.

Caledon Ken, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Adaptive brightness automatically enables

Hi,

If adaptive brightness is automatically enable on your PC, we can turn that off by following these steps:

1. On the search bar, type Control Panel.

2. Select Hardware and Sound.

3. On Hardware and Sound, Select Power Options.

4. Under High performance, Click Change plan settings.

5. Select Change advance power settings.

6.Under Power Option, Select on Display, Click on
    Enable adaptive brightness and Select Off.

Remove 'Enable adaptive brightness' from Power Options in Windows 7af70f02-21b8-462e-a658-9617d9eaa236.png

Let us know if you find this helpful.

Justine Pel, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Brightness resets after reboot

Hi Marc,

In addition to the troubleshooting step that you have already done, we suggest that you try disabling the adaptive brightness from your PC. Follow the steps below and see if it resolves the issue:

• From the Search bar, type Power Options.
    • Click Power Options from the result. Under Preferred plans, click
      Change plan settings.
    • Click Change advanced power settings and select Enable adaptive brightness to turn it
      ON or OFF.
    After saving the changes, restart your PC and check if issue still occurs.

Let us know how it went.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Remove 'Enable adaptive brightness' from Power Options in Windows - Similar Threads - Remove 'Enable adaptive

2. No option For adaptive Brightness/Power Plan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No option For adaptive Brightness/Power Plan: [ATTACH] Recently I attempted to turn off adaptive Brightness as It's a pain. My system Is fully up to date, and when I went to check not only is there no option to change to the power plan as seen below. There is no option to de-activate Adaptive brightness. I attempted...
  3. Enable adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enable adaptive brightness: Hi! I want to stop disable adaptive brightness but I can't find the option on Windows. I went to Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Power Options>Edit Plan Settings>Advanced Settings> Display and it only appears Turn off display after, there is no enable adaptive brightness....
  4. No adaptive brightness option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No adaptive brightness option: Hello, I am not sure if I am asking in the correct section but long story short, I have a gaming laptop that gets too dark. In my past computers, All I would do is disable the adaptive display but I cant find it anywhere in this laptop. I have tried checking in the power...
  5. Adaptive brightness disable in power options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Adaptive brightness disable in power options: My 9th gen i7 laptop screen goes half to sleep in less than a minute if I'm not sitting right in front of it even when there is screen activity and sound. I don't want this because I need to see the screen even from feet away, it's scrolling music and lyrics. The setting for...
  6. No options to turn OFF adaptive brightness / no power slider

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No options to turn OFF adaptive brightness / no power slider: Hello everyone! I'm stuck with a very weird problem I can't solve. I'm not a full-on reading binary style tech person but I'm using computers (and fix their problems) since forever and never ran against a wall like this: My Dell M3800 laptop turned on the adaptive...
  7. Add or Remove Adaptive backlight from Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Adaptive backlight from Power Options in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Adaptive backlight from Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "Adaptive backlight" from Power Options in Windows 10 The Adaptive backlight setting in Power Options allows users to specify how to optimize the color and backlight of the...
  8. Add or Remove Adaptive display from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Adaptive display from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Adaptive display from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Adaptive display" from Power Options in Windows The turn off the display if you repeatedly turn on the display with the keyboard or mouse. If the user provides input to the...
  9. Add or Remove Dimmed display brightness from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Dimmed display brightness from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Dimmed display brightness from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Dimmed display brightness" from Power Options in Windows The dim display after idle timeout has been reached. This setting applies only to portable computers (ex: laptop...
  10. Add or Remove Display brightness from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Display brightness from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Display brightness from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Display brightness" from Power Options in Windows [img] Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with at least Windows 10 version 1809. If you have a laptop or...