Windows 10: Show Window from App on All Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

Discus and support Show Window from App on All Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Show Window from App on All Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 How to Show Window or All Windows from App on All Virtual Desktops in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by albuda, Jul 15, 2018.

1. albuda Win User

Show Window from App on All Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

How to: Show Window from App on All Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

How to Show Window or All Windows from App on All Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

Task View is a virtual desktop manager in Windows 10 that allows you quickly switch between all of your open apps on multiple virtual desktops. Create custom additional desktops to group apps for productivity, entertainment, or whatever you choose. This makes multitasking and organizing your opened apps much easier.

Virtual Desktops exist to help you visually and cognitively separate different tasks on your PC. They can also be handy when doing presentations enabling you to prepare demos on different desktops.

While in Task View, you can select to have an app's open window(s) to either Show this window on all desktops or Show windows from this app on all desktop.

This tutorial will show you how to show (pin) a specific window or all windows from an app on all virtual desktops or not for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Virtual desktops in Windows 10

(Reload (F5) webpage to replay)

Here's How:

1. Open Task View (Win+Tab).

2. Select (hover pointer over) the virtual desktop (ex: "Desktop 1") you want to show or not show windows from an app on all other virtual desktops. (see screenshot below)

*note If you have multiple displays connected, apps will only show on the display they are opened on for virtual desktops.

3. Right click or press and hold on the open app window you want to pin or unpin from all virtual desktops, and click/tap on Show this window on all desktops and/or Show windows from this app on all desktops to check or uncheck for what you want.

*note If you click/tap on Show windows from this app on all desktops to check or uncheck it, Show this window on all desktops will also get checked or unchecked by default.

4. When finished, you can now click/tap on the virtual desktop you want to switch to.

Show Window from App on All Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

albuda, Jul 15, 2018
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

why is there a windows 10 app for netflix?

Yes, it's no longer the windows phone OS. It's just Windows 10. And yes, the app is perfect for the phone.

rtwjunkie, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Derty Win User
    Virtual Desktops showing apps not in certain desktops

Hi, I have a problem with W10 virtual desktops.

I'll explain it step by step :

Go to virtual desktop 1
    Open full windowed Chrome
    Go to virtual desktop 2
    Open two different full windowed excels
    Hit windows-tab

And you end up in this mess i'm attaching as a screenshot.

If you click on destktop 3 icon, you'll be there, but excel will be shown, full windowed, as if you were on desktop 2.
    If you then minimize it, it goes to the desktop 2 taskbar.

If you click on desktop 1 icon, you'll get there, but excels will be shown instead of Chrome. If you put the mouse over desktop 1 icon and then click Chrome above virtual desktops, you'll get to desktop 1 with Chrome being shown as normal.

If you close one of the two excels, virtual desktops works again as expected.

What can I test to solve this mess?

Thanx a lot, I've been expecting a fix in every new compilation, with no luck.

César

Derty, Oct 27, 2019
  6. VIC
    Vic Win User
    Windows 7 virtual wifi authentication mode

Hello.

Just a quick question to whoever is using windows 7 virtual wifi capability - when you type in "netsh wlan show hostednetwork", cmd window displays a list of settings for your hosted virtual wifi.

I was wondering, is there a way to change authentication method from WPA2-Personal to simple WEP ?

Cheers.

Thema:

1. Show Window from App on All Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Show Window App

2. windows 10 virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 virtual desktops: I just started to use desktops on windows 10 ---- on one of my laptop it works ok --- create a new desktop and it is clear -- no open windows and tabs on my other win 10 laptop --- when I open a desktop the items form the previous desktop bleed into the new desktop Is there a...
  3. Show window of app on all desktops in Windows, but programmatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Show window of app on all desktops in Windows, but programmatically: I am trying to develop a software using ElectronJS that would assist in dragging and dropping content across windows and virtual Desktops, in Windows.However, for it to work, I must be able to display the same window across all the virtual desktops/workspaces. I could easily...
  4. Virtual Desktop -- Show this window on SOME desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Desktop -- Show this window on SOME desktops: I know how to show a window in all desktops when using virtual desktops, but what I want is to show a window in SOME virtual desktops. EX: I want desktop 1 to be my web browser. I want desktop 2 and 3 to be a powerpoint presentation. EX: I want desktop 1 to be presenter...
  5. PSA: How To Pin An App Window To All Virtual Desktops In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PSA: How To Pin An App Window To All Virtual Desktops In Windows 10: submitted by /u/yahx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gii35x/psa_how_to_pin_an_app_window_to_all_virtual/
  6. Keep virtual desktop apps from launching windows in other desktops?

Keep virtual desktop apps from launching windows in other desktops?: In Windows 7's virtual desktops Desktops v2.0, SysInternals when an application running in a virtual desktop launched new applications such as a console app launching a web browser, they would open in that specific virtual desktop and stay away from my "original" desktop. In...
  7. Virtual Desktop "show window on all desktops" is not remembered between sessions

Virtual Desktop "show window on all desktops" is not remembered between sessions: Hi Just got a new PC, and reinstalled Win10. I have a two monitor setup, and use the Virtual Desktops feature. On my old PC when I marked a window/application with "show window on all desktops" win10 would remember this between sessions / logoffs / reboots. But on...
  8. Windows 10 - show apps on desktop

Windows 10 - show apps on desktop: How do I show apps on desktop in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/windows-10-show-apps-on-desktop/5dc4aec2-f394-4f65-a671-1b7bcbd4bd9b
  9. Virtual Desktops showing apps not in certain desktops

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual Desktops showing apps not in certain desktops: Hi, I have a problem with W10 virtual desktops. I'll explain it step by step : Go to virtual desktop 1 Open full windowed Chrome Go to virtual desktop 2 Open two different full windowed excels Hit windows-tab And you end up in this mess i'm attaching as a...
  10. App from windows store not showing in all apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App from windows store not showing in all apps?: Hi everyone, I recently downloaded the google app from the windows store. I would like to pin it to start, but strangely it doesn't show up in the all apps menu. The only way that I have found to open it is by searching for it in the store and opening it from there. When I...