Windows 10: Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

Discus and support Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 How to Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 Task View is a virtual desktop manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by vespasian, Jul 15, 2018.

1. vespasian Win User

Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

How to: Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

How to Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

Task View is a virtual desktop manager in Windows 10 that allows you quickly switch between all of your open apps on multiple virtual desktops. Create custom additional desktops to group apps for productivity, entertainment, or whatever you choose. This makes multitasking and organizing your opened apps much easier.

Virtual Desktops exist to help you visually and cognitively separate different tasks on your PC. They can also be handy when doing presentations enabling you to prepare demos on different desktops.

This tutorial will show you how to switch between virtual desktops for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Switch Between Virtual Desktops using Keyboard Shortcut
    • Option Two: Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Task View

OPTION ONE [/i] Open Task View using Keyboard Shortcut
    1. Press the Win+Ctrl+Left Arrow (previous) or Win+Ctrl+Right Arrow (next) keys to switch to the previous or next virtual desktop.

OPTION TWO [/i] Open Task View using in Task View
    1. Open Task View (Win+Tab).

2. Click/tap on the virtual desktop you want to switch to. (see screenshot below)

Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

vespasian, Jul 15, 2018
  2. sirBait Win User

Virtual desktops

In the article you linked it says talks about 4 goals Microsoft has with virtual desktops:

• Give you more desktop space to group related windows
    • Help you quickly locate and switch to any window or group of windows
    • Let you easily re-organize your groups and move windows as tasks evolve
    • Keep you in control of the degree of separation between your grouped windows
    Not being able to control what desktop the program opens on really doesn't fit in with these goals.

Give me one good reason for why it is suppose force me to change virtual desktop when I open a program, just one good reason and I will consider to drop the issue. To me this sounds like virtual desktops isn't ready yet and you refuse to acknowledge that
    there are bugs, because this makes it very hard to work with multiply virtual desktops.

sirBait, Oct 27, 2019
  3. SimonLidd Win User
    Virtual desktops

I have a written a program which enhances Windows 10 desktops and works around this issue for you by detecting the switch to a new desktop to open the existing document and then open of a new document - it then moves it back where it belongs.

Virtual Desktop Grid Switcher

Full set of features are:

• Windows 10 Desktop Switcher using a grid layout
    • Switch desktops using arrow keys with configurable modifier keys
    • Move active window to another desktop using keyboard
    • Make windows Always on Top or Sticky using keyboard
    • Activate last active window when switch from empty desktop (Windows 10 bug)
    • Chrome/Firefox activation to make web links open on same desktop if window exists
    • Word/Excel new window detected and moved back to current desktop if auto-switched
    Enjoy!

Simon

SimonLidd, Oct 27, 2019
  4. LKNY Win User

Multiple Monitors and Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

Often I'm using an extra monitor when working on my computer with Windows 10. I like to put on Netflix or some other form of video on the additional monitor. However, when I'm switching between virtual desktops, the Netflix window travels with the desktop
    it was originally associated with, causing me to have to pause my workflow to manually move it with me.

Is there any way to get a window to switch virtual desktops with me? Or better yet, a way to make the extra monitor have a virtual desktop all of it's own that can function when I switch between desktops on my primary screen?

Any suggestions appreciated.

5. Virtual Desktops Windows 10?

Hi Lucas,

Modifying the settings of a virtual desktop requires complex steps. Because of this, we might need to refer you to our Microsoft TechNet forums for further assistance. For us to direct you to the correct forum category, we would need the answers to the following:

• Are you using a Windows Server?
    • Is your device connected to a domain network?
    • What virtual desktop are you using?

If you are using Hyper-V, you can use this article published
    by Andre Da Costa as your reference on how to use Windows 10's built in Hyper-V for creating Virtual Machines.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Windows 10 Virtual Desktop Switching Animation

Hello Patrick,

To better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Please provide your computer's specification.
    • Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Does the issue also occurs on other games or applications?

Meanwhile, we suggest to apply the steps on this article
    to improve your PC's performance.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Switch Between Virtual

2. Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working: After my Laptop sleeps, I cannot use any shortcut to switch between virtual desktops. Neither the Ctrl+Win+ArrowLeft/ArrowRight nor swiping left or right with four fingers on my trackpad. It goes back to working if I restart my device or occasionally after my machine...
  3. Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working: After my Laptop sleeps, I cannot use any shortcut to switch between virtual desktops. Neither the Ctrl+Win+ArrowLeft/ArrowRight nor swiping left or right with four fingers on my trackpad. It goes back to working if I restart my device or occasionally after my machine...
  4. How to change keyboard shortcut to switch between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change keyboard shortcut to switch between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10: Virtual Desktops on Windows 10 are widely used by people to group and decentralize their computer deskwork. The application allows you to run more than one desktop interface on a single computer, for you to be able to manage multiple tasks at the same time on a single...
  5. Windows 10 Virtual Desktop Automatic Switching

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Virtual Desktop Automatic Switching: Hey, I have not been able to find an answer to this problem which works for me, the situation is the following. 1. If I try to open certain applications in one desktop, that are already open within another one, rather than opening the app in the desktop windows I am...
  6. Windows 10 Virtual Desktop Automatic Switching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Virtual Desktop Automatic Switching: Hello, I have two issues with Windows 10's virtual desktops. If I try to open certain applications in one desktop, that are already open within another one, rather than opening the app in the desktop I am in, it switches to the desktop in which it is already open. This is...
  7. Virtual desktop switch

Virtual desktop switch: Windows 10, laptop. Sometimes when I log onto my PC, the virtual desktop switches to the furthest on the right. I haven't seen anyone having the same problem, and it's bothering me. submitted by /u/grzesiu447 [link] [comments]...
  8. Quick switch between virtual desktops

Quick switch between virtual desktops: There has to be a shortcut for quickly switching between desktops. I have used 3 rd party applications but they're just not stable enough. I can see why this has been a problem for the developers. Considering there can be any number of virtual desktops coming up with a...
  9. windows 10 switching between different Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 switching between different Virtual Desktops: Bug reproduce: OS: windows 10: 1803 (x64 intel 7500U 8G ram) it is easy to reproduce the bug.... When I press Task View it will show currently opened apps on this desktop (e.g. desktop 1) then I add a new virtual desktop (e.g. desktop 2) Now Task View shows I have...
  10. Virtual desktop switch

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual desktop switch: win+tab opens virtual desktop switch ... but by repeated press it again disappears instead of continuing to next desktop :/ do you know how to advance to next desktop ? by keyboard not by pointing cursor over 2nd desktop ??? (win+tab+1 .... did not worked) alt+tab -...