Windows 10: Turn On or Off Device and Search History in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Device and Search History in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Device and Search History in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Device and Search History for On-device Searches in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Turn On or Off Device and Search History in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Device and Search History in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Device and Search History for On-device Searches in Windows 10

taskbar to find help, apps, files, settingsyou name it. You can also get quick answers from the weblike weather, stock prices, currency conversion, and much moreand get to websites faster by using links in the preview pane.

Cortana and Search has been separated starting with Windows 10 version 1903.

My device history allows Windows Search to improve on-device searches by collecting and using your app, settings, and other history from devices that you sign-in with your Microsoft account.

Microsoft account.

Search activity appears only if you:
    • Search from Bing, and are signed in to Bing with your Microsoft account—though you can still view your search activity on the Bing.com Search History page.
    • Land on Bing pages when you search from Cortana. Search activity doesn't appear if you search from the Cortana app on a phone that uses an iOS or Android operating system.
    This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off using your device history and search history to improve on-device searches for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off My Device History for On-device Searches in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off My Search History for On-device Searches in Settings

EXAMPLE: Windows Search (Win+S) from taskbar

Turn On or Off Device and Search History in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off My Device History for On-device Searches in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Search icon.

2. Click/tap on Permissions & History on the left side, and turn on (default) or off My device history for what you want under History on the right side. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off My Search History for On-device Searches in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Search icon.

2. Click/tap on Permissions & History on the left side, and turn on (default) or off My search history for what you want under History on the right side. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 22, 2018
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Turn on File History in Windows 10

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you turn off File history then add the drive again.

To turn off File History, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start​ button, select Settings.
      Click Update & security.
    • Choose Backupand click More options.
    • See advanced settings, then click the Turn off button.
    Restart the system then turn back on File History and add the drive.

If the issue persist, run the System File Checker tool. System File Checker
    scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To run this tool, please refer to this
    link

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Device and Search History in Windows 10

lorraine walsh, Oct 27, 2019
  5. hasiel123 Win User
    Is there a way turn on search history in windows search on windows 10?

Is there a way turn on search history in windows search on windows 10?
    I think it would be handy...is it possible?
    Thanks in advance.

hasiel123, Oct 27, 2019
  6. TiredofFH Win User
    Turn on File History in Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestions.

The turn off button was greyed out and was unresponsive.

I had been advised to run the system file checker several time and found no problems.

In the meantime my machine has been returned to the suppler for a factory reset and is working again.

TiredofFH, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Device and Search History in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Device and Search History in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Device

2. History off how to turn it ON

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    History off how to turn it ON: simple solution to turning file history on so I can back up to cloud https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/history-off-how-to-turn-it-on/06d95968-eeea-4458-bdc5-68bc3592f331
  3. Turning Search History Back On

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning Search History Back On: How do I turn my Searched History back on? I miss it being down at the bottom so I don't have to retype it again. I deleted it all every once in awhile but this last time I think I deleted the whole function. Hope this makes sense. Thanks!! Kathy...
  4. turn off windows 10 desktop history

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off windows 10 desktop history: Please tell me how I can turn off the desktop display with my history showing. My desktop is erratic, the mouse jumps all over the place, desktop history expands to 9 items on desktop and shrinks if I try to click on it. I just want my regular desktop with no history...
  5. Clear Your Search History for On-device Searches in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Your Search History for On-device Searches in Windows 10: How to: Clear Your Search History for On-device Searches in Windows 10 How to Clear Your Search History for On-device Searches in Windows 10 taskbar to find help, apps, files, settingsyou name it. You can also get quick answers from the weblike weather, stock prices,...
  6. Clear Your Device History for On-device Searches in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Your Device History for On-device Searches in Windows 10: How to: Clear Your Device History for On-device Searches in Windows 10 How to Clear Your Device History for On-device Searches in Windows 10 taskbar to find help, apps, files, settingsyou name it. You can also get quick answers from the weblike weather, stock prices,...
  7. Is there a way turn on search history in windows search on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way turn on search history in windows search on windows 10?: Is there a way turn on search history in windows search on windows 10? I think it would be handy...is it possible? Thanks in advance. 69341
  8. Turn On or Off Clipboard History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Clipboard History in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Clipboard History in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Clipboard History in Windows 10 Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same few things again and again? How do you copy...
  9. Turn On or Off File History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off File History in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off File History in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off File History in Windows 10 [img] Information File History was first introduced in Windows 8, and has been improved in Windows 10. You can use File History to automatically back up versions of...
  10. Turn On or Off Collect Activity History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Collect Activity History in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Collect Activity History for Timeline in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Collect Activity History for Timeline in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17040, Microsoft added settings that let you to view and manage your activity history....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows search turn on

2. turn off windows 10 search history