Windows 10: Turn On or Off Desktop Background Image in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Desktop Background Image in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Desktop Background Image in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Desktop Background Image in Windows 10 Your desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by martyfelker, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Turn On or Off Desktop Background Image in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Desktop Background Image in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Desktop Background Image in Windows 10

Your desktop background (also called wallpaper) can be a picture from your personal collection or included with Windows, a solid color, or a slide show playing selected pictures randomly on all displays.

When you turn off (uncheck) show desktop background image, your desktop background will only show as solid black.

When you turn on (check) show desktop background image, then whatever you set for your desktop background will show again.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off showing the desktop background image for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Desktop Background Image in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Desktop Background Image in Control Panel

EXAMPLE: Desktop background image turned off and solid black

Turn On or Off Desktop Background Image in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Desktop Background Image in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.

2. Click/tap on Display on the left side, and turn on (default) or off Show desktop background image on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. When finished, you can close settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Desktop Background Image in Control Panel
    1. Open the Control Panel, and click/tap on the Ease of Access Center icon.

2. Click/tap on the Make the computer easier to see link. (see screenshot below)

3. Check or uncheck (default) Remove background images (where available), and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished, you can close Ease of Access Center if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

martyfelker, Dec 23, 2015

2. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Turn On or Off Desktop Background Image in Windows 10

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Edwin Win User

Windows will auto-sync your accent color,
    You'd need to choose Fit as Centered then add a custom border color or choose black...

*Arrow Change Accent Color in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Edwin, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Misiowiec Win User
    Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Desktop Background Image in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Desktop

2. windows desktop background is turning black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows desktop background is turning black: recently I had a problem where when I left click and highlight it would turn black or when I highlight and icon it would turn black or sometimes the whole background would turn back every like 5 minutes, after coming here to ask what was wrong I ran a virus scan on Windows...
  3. Background desktop image not syncing on new desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background desktop image not syncing on new desktop: A week ago I installed my new custom built Windows 10 desktop. It arrived with Windows 10 already set up with an administrator Local account and no password. The first thing I did was change the account to signed in with my Microsoft account with a PIN. I changed the "Sync...
  4. Windows 10 desktop background image is acting weird

Windows 10 desktop background image is acting weird: This should be a very simple question with a very complicated answer. I use a folder on my PC to store my background image files and have the shuffle setting turned on with a 1 minute interval. Whatever windows is using to shuffle the images seems to not always shuffle the...
  5. DESKTOP BACKGROUND IMAGE

DESKTOP BACKGROUND IMAGE: Can someone please tell me how to change the background image on my desktop - it USED to be on the page where you set your screen saver - but obviously someone wanted to hide it from us old people . -= How do I now find where I can change it - it has picked an image from...
  6. Desktop Background Image

Desktop Background Image: I want to share my current desktop background image. How may I copy and send that image file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-image/3fd31b9c-54e6-41c3-a3e9-add795e419f2
  7. Turn off opacity function for desktop wallpaper image

Turn off opacity function for desktop wallpaper image: In a recent Windows Update, the functionality of desktop images changed. I have photos I use for a backgound image and they are now more Opaque (they are not the original photograph, but lightened by 10% or more. I want to shut this functionality OFF. How to stop Windows from...
  8. desktop background image will not display

desktop background image will not display: had windows 7. now have windows 10. the start menu shows small version of correct desktop image I have chosen (family picture) but on the desktop it is black background. I can change the desktop image and it will remain black, yet the start menu image WILL change. so why...
  9. Saved image desktop backgrounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saved image desktop backgrounds: What is the directory in Windows 10 in which a selected image (after being applied to desktop background) is saved? 15565
  10. Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can choose which apps can receive info, send notifications, and stay up-to-date, even when you're not using them. Turning background apps off can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HOW DO YOU INSTALL A BACKGOUND PICTURE ON YOUR LAPTOP?