Windows 10: Add or Remove Recycle Bin from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Recycle Bin from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Recycle Bin from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Recycle Bin in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by persiomenezes, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Add or Remove Recycle Bin from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Recycle Bin from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Recycle Bin in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10

The Recycle Bin provides a safety net when deleting files or folders. When you delete any of these items from your hard disk, Windows places it in the Recycle Bin and the Recycle Bin icon changes from empty to full.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove Recycle Bin in the navigation pane of File Explorer for only your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Add or Remove Recycle Bin in Navigation Pane using "Show all folders"
    • Option Two: To Add or Remove Recycle Bin in Navigation Pane using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Add or Remove Recycle Bin in navigation pane of File Explorer

Add or Remove Recycle Bin from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Add or Remove Recycle Bin in Navigation Pane using "Show all folders"
    1. Turn on or off Show all folders for what you want.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Add or Remove Recycle Bin in Navigation Pane using a REG file

*note You can use this option to add Recycle Bin to the navigation pane without having to also Show all folders in your navigation pane.

If you have Show all folders turned on from OPTION ONE above, then this option will have no affect until Show all folders is turned off.

The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}

System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree DWORD

0 = Hide Recycle Bin
    1 = Show Recycle Bin

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add Recycle Bin to Navigation Pane
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Recycle_Bin_to_Navigation_Pane.reg

Download

3. To Remove Recycle Bin from Navigation Pane
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Recycle_Bin_from_Navigation_Pane.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

8. If open, close and reopen File Explorer to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

persiomenezes, Dec 24, 2015
  2. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Dec 24, 2015
  3. where is the recycle bin in windows 10 located?

If you have the same question, I'm fairly sure the same answer will apply. More than 300 people have already said this fixed it for them:

And here's the link for the trick about #3:

Show Recycle Bin in Navigation Pane

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Dec 24, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Recycle Bin from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

You're most welcome Pérsio, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Brink, Dec 24, 2015
  5. Hellow, dude. Thank you for your wellcome message. I was wodering... I do not use the Windows folders ("Picutures", "Video", Documents", etc) to put my files. I use to creat a folder on root directory and put my files there. So... Do you think is there a way to make Windows explorer shows "local disk" instead of "This Computer"? I am not sure I was clear enough....

persiomenezes, Dec 25, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 25, 2015
  7. How do I change the Recycle Bin's icon in the file explorer navigation pane if it was added using Winaero Tweaker?

JoshuaVL1988, Oct 22, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 22, 2016
  9. omidsolo Win User
    Show all folders is enabled and it does not hide Recycle Bin from NavPane *Sad

omidsolo, Feb 25, 2018
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Recycle Bin from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Recycle

2. Remove Recycle Bin and Control Panel from Navigation pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Recycle Bin and Control Panel from Navigation pane: Hello I want to remove these icons: [img] I tried changing the Attributes from these reg addresses for removing Recycle Bin: Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\ShellFolder] "Attributes"=dword:b090010d...
  3. How to add Recycle Bin to File Explorer Navigation Pane of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Recycle Bin to File Explorer Navigation Pane of Windows 10: [ATTACH]In the latest version of Windows 10 users might not get to see the Recycle Bin in the navigation pane of File Explorer. If you […] This article How to add Recycle Bin to File Explorer Navigation Pane of Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Add or Remove Linux from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Linux from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Linux from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Linux in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a new Windows 10 feature that enables you to run native Linux command-line tools directly...
  5. show control panel and recycle bin in navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    show control panel and recycle bin in navigation pane: Does anyone know if it's possible to show control panel and recycle bin in the navigation pane without enabling 'all folders'? Thanks 12223
  6. Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Dropbox in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 Dropbox is a file hosting service operated by American company Dropbox, Inc. that offers cloud storage, file synchronization,...
  7. Add or Remove Homegroup from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Homegroup from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Homegroup from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [img] Information A homegroup is a group of PCs on a home network that can share devices (such as printers), and libraries (such as your Documents, Pictures, Music, and Video libraries). Using a homegroup...
  8. Add or Remove Network from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Network from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Network from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Network in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to add or remove Network in the navigation pane of File Explorer for all users in Windows 10....
  9. Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Favorites in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information Favorites in the navigation pane is a way to easily access items in your %UserProfile%/Links folder....
  10. Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove OneDrive in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add recycle bin navigation pane windows 10