Windows 10: Add or Remove User Folder from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove User Folder from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove User Folder from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove User Folder in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Jerry06, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Jerry06 Win User

Add or Remove User Folder from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove User Folder from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove User Folder in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10

A user profile is a collection of settings that make the computer look and work the way you want it to for a user account. It is stored in the user's C:\Users\<user name> profile folder, and contains the account's settings for desktop backgrounds, screen savers, pointer preferences, sound settings, and other features. User profiles ensure that your personal preferences are used whenever you sign in to Windows.

A user's profile folder also contains their personal folders such as the Contacts, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Favorites, Links, Music, OneDrive, Pictures, Saved Games, Searches, and Videos folders.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the user profile folder from the navigation pane of File Explorer for only your account in Windows 10.

*note If you have Show all folders turned on for the navigation pane, then your user profile folder will still show until Show all folders is turned off.

EXAMPLE: User folder added to navigation pane of File Explorer

Add or Remove User Folder from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{59031a47-3f72-44a7-89c5-5595fe6b30ee}

System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree DWORD

1 = add
    0 = remove

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add User Folder to Navigation Pane of Current User
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_User_Folder_to_Navigation_Pane.reg

Download

3. To Remove User Folder from Navigation Pane of Current User
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_User_Folder_from_Navigation_Pane

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Jerry06, Jul 16, 2017
  2. Tryx3 Win User
    Tryx3, Jul 16, 2017
  3. Modify Navigation Pane

Thank you, sorry it has taken so long to follow up.

The suggested actions did not resolve the problem. I want to add/remove items from the navigation pane (left hand side) of a windows explorer window. When I reset the folders, it did remove my libraries from the navigation pane; which I expected. They
    are not hard to get back so that is not an issue.

The current issue is I want to remove "Dropbox" from the navigation pane. More fundamentally, I want the ability to remove or add items to the navigation pane.

Matthew H Stockton, Jul 16, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 16, 2017
  5. omidsolo Win User
    How to still hide it when Show all folders are enabled ?!

omidsolo, Feb 25, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Add or Remove User Folder from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove User

2. Add specific folders to Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add specific folders to Navigation Pane: Win10 Home x64 build 18363.836 Hello! With a lot of help from you all and many tutorials, I got my new Win10 system up and running, and set (for the most part) the way I like it. A few things I have not been able to find tutorials on (I'm sure they exist, I just haven't...
  3. Add or Remove Linux from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Linux from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Linux from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Linux in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a new Windows 10 feature that enables you to run native Linux command-line tools directly...
  4. Remove User from navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove User from navigation Pane: Hello, any idea about how to remove the user (Ciccio in the picture) from the navigation pane (and/or from the save as windows)? [img] 11775
  5. Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Dropbox in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 Dropbox is a file hosting service operated by American company Dropbox, Inc. that offers cloud storage, file synchronization,...
  6. Add or Remove Homegroup from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Homegroup from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Homegroup from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [img] Information A homegroup is a group of PCs on a home network that can share devices (such as printers), and libraries (such as your Documents, Pictures, Music, and Video libraries). Using a homegroup...
  7. Add or Remove Network from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Network from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Network from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Network in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to add or remove Network in the navigation pane of File Explorer for all users in Windows 10....
  8. Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Favorites in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information Favorites in the navigation pane is a way to easily access items in your %UserProfile%/Links folder....
  9. Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove OneDrive in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC,...
  10. Add or Remove This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to add or remove This PC in the navigation pane of File Explorer for all users in Windows 10. You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove folders from navigation pane

2. remove folder from navigation pane windows 10

3. delete folders from navigation pane

4. file explorer navigation pane folders,
  5. remove items from navigation pane windows 10,
  6. remove user icon from navigation pane windows 10,
  7. remove folder sfrom nav pane,
  8. folders from navigation panel,
  9. Add or Remove User Folder from Navigation Pane in Windows 10,
  10. remove folders from this pc navigation pane,
  11. navigation pane windows 10 remove user folder