Windows 10: Automatically Lock Windows 10 PC with your Phone

Discus and support Automatically Lock Windows 10 PC with your Phone in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Automatically Lock Windows 10 PC with your Phone How to Automatically Lock Windows 10 PC with your Phone When you shut down[/b].... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by SteveJB, Aug 11, 2016.

1. SteveJB Win User

Automatically Lock Windows 10 PC with your Phone

How to: Automatically Lock Windows 10 PC with your Phone

How to Automatically Lock Windows 10 PC with your Phone

When you shut down[/b].

Starting with Windows 10 build 15031 (8th Feb. 2017), Microsoft officially introduced the Dynamic lock feature that allows Windows 10 to detect when you're away and automatically lock the device.

If you forget to lock your PC or tablet when you step away, Windows Hello can use a phone that is paired with your device to automatically lock it shortly after you're out of Bluetooth range. Take your phone with you when you move away from your PC, and it will automatically lock a minute or so after you are out of Bluetooth range. (Note that Bluetooth range varies by devices.)

This tutorial will show you how to automatically lock your Windows 10 PC with your Bluetooth paired phone using Dynamic lock.

Here's How:

1. If you haven't already, you will need to pair your phone with your PC using Bluetooth. (see screenshots below)

Automatically Lock Windows 10 PC with your Phone [​IMG]

2. Turn on Dynamic lock on your Windows 10 PC. (see screenshot below)

3. Take your phone with you when you move away from your PC, and your PC will automatically lock a minute or so after your phone is out of Bluetooth range. (see screenshot below)

*note You can test this by temporarily turning off Bluetooth on your phone.

*Warning Dynamic lock will not automatically lock your PC if there is any user activity on the PC. It will only automatically lock the PC when there is at least one minute of inactivity while your phone is out of Bluetooth range. This could be an issue if someone is able to get on your PC before it automatically locks.

4. To unlock your PC, you would dismiss the lock screen above, and sign in to your account on the PC as you normally would. (see screenshot below)

*note Dynamic lock doesn't automatically unlock your PC when your phone comes back within range.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

SteveJB, Aug 11, 2016
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

5. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Oct 27, 2019
  6. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Automatically Lock Windows 10 PC with your Phone - Similar Threads - Automatically Lock Phone

2. Locking your PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locking your PC: How do you adjust the time it takes to lock your Windows PC when you step away from it? I am using Dynamic Lock, then I select to allow Windows to automatically lock when your device when the phone is out of Bluetooth range. How do I adjust the time period it takes to your...
  3. Locking your PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locking your PC: How do you adjust the time it takes to lock your Windows PC when you step away from it? I am using Dynamic Lock, then I select to allow Windows to automatically lock when your device when the phone is out of Bluetooth range. How do I adjust the time period it takes to your...
  4. Link your phone to your PC

Link your phone to your PC: Why does windows assume everyone has a cellular telephone. The continuing act of asking constantly to link your cellular telephone and not once asking first if u even have a cellular telephone is the most pressuring brainwashing dumb arrogant question I've ever experienced....
  5. Link your phone to your PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link your phone to your PC: Why does windows assume everyone has a cellular telephone. The continuing act of asking constantly to link your cellular telephone and not once asking first if u even have a cellular telephone is the most pressuring brainwashing dumb arrogant question I've ever experienced....
  6. Your Phone never reconnects automatically

Your Phone never reconnects automatically: I've been using the Your Phone app with my Android phone but whenever my PC reboots it never reconnects until I manually load the Your Phone app in Windows. If the connection is lost for any other reason I again have to manually load the Yourphone app in Windows. I have...
  7. Windows 10 Your Phone app and PC speakers.

Windows 10 Your Phone app and PC speakers.: I can't seem to get audio on my PC speakers when I make a call from my Motorola Android 10 phone. My speakers are plugged into the back ports of my PC. I can get audio if I plug in a headset to the headset/mic jacks at the front of my PC but I don't want to use a headset. Any...
  8. Your Phone on pc

Your Phone on pc: one time I was able to click and Your Phone would open on my pc, now I cannot open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-on-pc/d073371e-3b54-438a-9545-f1b4d7449139
  9. Your Phone App Check your Phone / PC??

Your Phone App Check your Phone / PC??: Ive been trying to get the Your Phone app working since it was released but ive only managed to get it working maybe 3 or 4 times. Most of the time i cant get past the Check your Phone / PC part. What are the Network requirements for this app so i can make sure my Firewall...
  10. Windows 10 will bring your Android phone notifications to your PC

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 will bring your Android phone notifications to your PC: Microsoft is planning to bring Android phone notifications directly to Windows 10 PCs. During a session at Build 2016 today, Microsoft detailed how missed calls, messages, and other notifications from an Android phone will appear on a Windows 10 PC. Microsoft is using the...