Windows 10: Clear Personal Data and Information from Cortana

Discus and support Clear Personal Data and Information from Cortana in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Clear Personal Data and Information from Cortana How to Clear Your Personal Data and Info from Cortana Cortana is your cloud-based... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Clear Personal Data and Information from Cortana

How to: Clear Personal Data and Information from Cortana

How to Clear Your Personal Data and Info from Cortana

Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and the version of Cortana youre using, Cortana can provide a range of features, some of which are personalized. Cortana on Windows is available in certain regions and languages. If Cortana isnt available for your Windows device, you can still search for files on your device in the search box on the taskbar. Cortana is also available on other platforms, such as Android and iOS, in select markets.

Cortana works best when you sign in and let her use data from your device, other Microsoft services, and third-party services you choose to connect. To provide you with personalized experiences, Cortana learns from certain data about you, such as your searches, calendar, contacts, and location. Youre in control of how much data you share. If you choose not to sign into Cortana on Windows, you can still chat with Cortana and use her to help you search the web, documents stored in Microsoft services like OneDrive, and your Windows device. See the section about Windows Search in the Privacy Statement for more information. If you dont sign in, or you choose to sign out, your experiences will be more limited and they wont be personalized with your Cortana data. On iOS and Android devices, Cortana only works when you sign in.

This information is saved on your device, in your Cortana Notebook on the PC, and on the cloud in your privacy dashboard.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to clear what Cortana stored about you on your Windows 10 PC and in the cloud on the Bing.com dashboard.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Clear Data Cortana has Associated with your PC by Signing out of Cortana
    • Option Two: Turn off Speech Services and Typing Suggestions to Clear Dictionary
    • Option Three: To Clear Personal Data Cortana Knows about you in the Cloud in Cortana Settings
    • Option Four: To Clear Personal Data Cortana Knows about you in the Cloud from Your Privacy Dashboard

OPTION ONE [/i] To Clear Data Cortana has Associated with your PC by Signing out of Cortana

*note Signing out of Cortana clears the data Cortana has associated with that device. Your data associated with other devices will remain intact until you sign out from Cortana on those devices as well. Signing out of Cortana on your device stops Cortanas data collection and use on that device and clears the interests and data on that device, but signing out wont clear the data thats already saved in the Notebook or at account.microsoft.com/privacy. On Windows, even after youve signed out of Cortana, characters you type into the taskbar search box are automatically sent to Bing and offer search recommendations. Your typed characters and searches will continue to be collected and used as described in the Privacy Statement. If you prefer not to send any character data to Microsoft, choose not to use Cortana.
    1. Sign out of Cortana to turn off Cortana's personalization (click on link).

Clear Personal Data and Information from Cortana [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn off Speech Services and Typing Suggestions to Clear Dictionary

*note If this is turned on, you can use your voice to do thinks like talk to Cortana or Store apps, and use your typing history and handwriting patterns to create a local user dictionary that makes better suggestions for you. Microsoft will use your voice input to make cloud-based speech services work even better

If you turn this off, you can no longer speak to Cortana, and everything will be deleted from the dictionary Windows uses to improve the suggestions offered for inking and typing.

See also: Speech, inking, typing, and privacy - Microsoft privacy
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Privacy icon.

2. Click/tap on Speech, inking, & typing on the left side, and click/tap on the Turn off speech services and typing suggestions button on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Turn off to confirm. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Clear Personal Data Cortana Knows about you in the Cloud in Cortana Settings

*note You can delete what Cortana knows about you, including favorites, plans, interests and more. When Cortana is enabled, she uploads information from your device(s), such as your calendar, contacts, location triggered by Cortana, and browsing history to provide Cortana recommendations. Clearing your data will affect Microsoft's ability to provide Cortana's recommendations and/or personalize your speech, inking and typing experience on your device(s).
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Cortana icon.

2. Click/tap on Permissions on the left side, and click/tap on the Change what Cortana knows about me in the cloud link on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the Clear button under the Clearing your personal info section at the bottom in Cortana settings. (see screenshot below)

4. You will now see a Your recommendations are now cleared message to confirm. (see screenshot below)

5. You can now close Settings and Cortana settings if you like.

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Clear Personal Data Cortana Knows about you in the Cloud from Your Privacy Dashboard
    1. For how, see: How to Use Microsoft Privacy Dashboard to Manage Your Privacy on the Cloud in Windows 10

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 2, 2016
  2. Gary Win User

Cortana

I believe there is:

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-turn-cortana-and-stop-personal-data-gathering-windows-10

Maybe not.........

3. Nick Dich Win User
    Clearing Cortana's Pick Up Where You Left Off History?...

Hi,

You can follow the steps given below to clear Cortana's search history on your computer:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy.
    • On the left side of the window, look for Speech, inking & typing.
    • Click Stop getting to know me.
    • You will get a popup notification that will clear suggestions, just click
      Turn off
    • If you wish to make Cortana record again suggestions for you moving forward after clearing the history, you can turn it on again by clicking
      Get to know me.

Kindly give us feedback if this helped you with your concern.

Nick Dich, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Vonnjy Win User

How to clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge?

One step missing:

• Open Microsoft Edge
    • Click on the three little dots on the top right corner
    • **Settings
    • Under Clear Browsing Data click on Choose what to clear
    • Then make sure Cache is checked
    • Click on Clear

Vonnjy, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Flubug Win User
    Unable to remove information from Cortana notebook

For some reason I am unable to clear my personal information. I can clear the "Other Cortana Data and Personalized Speech, Inking and Typing" but I do not see a button allowing me to Clear personal info.

Flubug, Oct 26, 2019
  6. How to clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge?

Hello

CCLeaner cannot yet clean the cache of Microsoft Edge. You can clean your browsing data by following these steps.

• Open Microsoft Edge
    • Click on the three little dots on the top right corner
    • Under Clear Browsing Data click on Choose what to clear
    • Then make sure Cache is checked
    • Click on Clear
    If you don;'t understand exactly what I mean
    then see this post
    for a detailed step by step instruction with images.

Hope it helps you!

Yuri

Yuri Pustjens, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Clear Personal Data and Information from Cortana - Similar Threads - Clear Personal Data

2. Separation of personal data from business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Separation of personal data from business: I have microsoft 365. I use it for my personal computers at home, and also on the computers at the office. I want to keep the data separate. I don't want employees seeing my personal files. Onedrive keeps all the data synced. I want my computers at home synced. And I want the...
  3. Clearing files and personal data on shutdown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clearing files and personal data on shutdown: I work with a charity who are setting up laptops for clients to use in house. They will be shared laptops so I am conscious of clients using and storing personal data in them. I was going to just create a desktop background with warnings to prevent this but a colleague said...
  4. Clearing files and personal data on shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clearing files and personal data on shutdown: I work with a charity who are setting up laptops for clients to use in house. They will be shared laptops so I am conscious of clients using and storing personal data in them. I was going to just create a desktop background with warnings to prevent this but a colleague said...
  5. Clearing files and personal data on shutdown

6. Delete Personal Information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Personal Information: I have reset my laptop in order to sell it, but do not want to enter email and password. How do I bypass this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-personal-information/3122e683-27db-415e-a259-e79d3ad9191a
  7. Delete Personal Information

Delete Personal Information: I have reset my laptop in order to sell it, but do not want to enter email and password. How do I bypass this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-personal-information/3122e683-27db-415e-a259-e79d3ad9191a
  8. Delete Personal Information

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. gave personal information

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    gave personal information: So i was browsing my computer and then i got a message that my computer has been hack. So there was a number and i called it. So the guy who i was talking said to open a site but before i did i check if it was a scam ,and it was .So i hung up. But now i am afraid because i...
  10. Tiles - Clear Information from in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Tiles - Clear Information from in Windows 10: How to: Tiles - Clear Information from in Windows 10 How to Clear Information from your Live Tiles in Windows 10 [img] Information A tile is a modern app’s representation on the Start menu in Windows 10, and can be either static or live. A static tile displays the...